Thread: Elvis Presley token slot machine - $300 Matamoras, PA

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Elvis Presley token slot machine - $300 (Matamoras, PA)

Hello everyone, very cool site! I am 42 and manage the install department of a local air conditioning company and was introduced to pachinko at a young age when my mom got us a Sanyo machine for Christmas one year. Several years ago I came across a Sammy "Fire Drift" slot in excellent condition including a stand for just a hundred dollars. Next was a modern "Classic Thunderbirds" pachinko , other than the chrome balls , almost a complete different game experience from the old Sanyo. Volume controls were quickly added to both, hard to believe how loud they are. Most recently added was a non working Sammy skill stop that has an Elvis Presley portrait on the lower front glass, it was given to me by a friend who believed its token acceptor was damaged and would be only a parts donor as its cabinet is the same as the "Fire Drift" machine I have. After a good cleaning and lubrication i proceeded to power it up. it lit about half way and I realized a reset was required , the reset key from my other machine was a perfect fit. After resetting and borrowing a handful of tokens from "Fire Drift" it was ready...well almost accepted tokens , lighting correctly but no reel action. Quick comparison to the working one showed 1 small red l.e.d. burning pressing buttons I realized it was the max bet button stuck down. Powered off took the switch apart (something like sugary syrup maybe from a soda spill was holding it down) cleaned the switch and now it runs beautifully. With a little research I discovered this to be a "Derby Boy" machine, not sure how Elvis ended up on it LOL . At some point would like to replace the lower panel so it would have the correct artwork top and bottom but for now just need a second reset key and a either a cylinder lock key to fit my lock #072 or a complete front panel lock assembly. Hoping to get the old Sanyo that my mom recently gave to me, the very machine I grew up with, back in working order. I believe it worked when we stored it away. defiantly needs a major cleaning and the correct ball catcher tray. All lighting and wiring had been pretty well cut off when she bought it(said it was around $20 in 1975 in a store at Metrocenter mall in Phoenix AZ) Will keep you updated when I start working on it. Thank you for all the information available here , I often wondered about where the machines came from and what they really did. Very nice to meet you all...Monty... oh yeah as far as the pelican thing ...well its a long story that makes little sense LMAO didn't think it would be taken either

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to pelican