Thread: 1972 Nishijin Recycler Gen1 vs Gen 2

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 1972 Nishijin Recycler Gen1 vs Gen 2

Hi,

Other then the color of the upper tray on the front (bright blue vs dark blue) and the color of the plastics in the back (green vs brown), are there any real differences between these machines? In other words are the upper trays on the front and the plastics in the back interchangeable?

If some parts are compatible, which are known to be and which are known not to be?

I currently have two Gen 1s and am looking for a parts machine that I can use to make them whole. If parts from a Gen 2 will work, this expands the machines I can consider.

For reference, here is a link to a Gen 1:
    http://pachinkoplanet.com/zencart/in...age=page&id=42

and a Gen 2:
    http://pachinkoplanet.com/zencart/in...age=page&id=49

Any leads on a parts machine near Dallas TX would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 1972 Nishijin Recycler Gen1 vs Gen 2

first off

Welcome to Pachitalk

not sure what parts work on one or the other.. some will interchange but im sure some wont..

post a fw pics of the parts your looking for im sure we can help ya out.. I have a single shot model "A" that i would be willing to part out..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the reply.

The only part I know I need right now is the front upper tray (light blue preferred). There are several plastic pieces on the back that I believe amount to covers and would not affect game play that appear to be missing. I would also need the wiring junction connection screws (one green and one yellow).

Thanks,

Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. The following user says "Thanks" to cschnick

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumb screws can be purchased on member cardwwi's site: http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/...=10&category=4. You also may be able to find them at a local hardware. Probably not in the color you would like, but they should work fine for their designed purpose.

Not sure how active the Dallas Craigslist is, but it's usually a good source of machines that won't require the extra cost of shipping.

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh, how rude. Welcome to PachiTalk.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Spyder138,

Thanks for the reply.

I figured local hardware stores would have screws that would work but would rather keep things as authentic as possible.

Craigslist in Dallas seems to have a constant trickle of machines. Not necessarily a lot of them, but a new one seems to appear every week or so. 2 of the 4 I have I located on Craigslist and then waited for the buyer to be more motivated. Seems a lot of people think they have something really rare and more valuable than it really is. Currently looking at a 3rd one from Craigslist. Hopefully I can work a deal on this one. I am hoping to have enough parts from 3 of them to have 2 complete functioning machines. One of the ones I bought is still listed.

The original purpose of this thread was to investigate if the parts are more compatible across years/ models to expand the market I could draw from for parts and such. It would be really interesting to find a matrix listing machines by manufacturer and model on one side and common parts on the other and then have tick marks or codes of some kind in the cells indicating compatibility. This of course would take an investigation or knowledge of many machines to put together but would be so valuable.

With my pinball machine, I have found forums such as this to be valuable for a wealth of information and leads on parts. On my pinball machine, many of the parts of the machines within the manufacturer or series are cross compatible making it relatively easy to get them once I learned what really differentiates them.

Thanks,
    Chris

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to cschnick

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nearly everything is swappable between Gen1 and Gen2. The few differences that come to mind are the chrome frame and the latching mechs, Just about everything else should be convertible between machines.