Thread: Shelfing my vintage pachinko

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Shelfing my vintage pachinko

depends on where in the house it's going from an aesthetics standpoint. do you want or mind a utilitarian look for the shelf/brackets or does it need to be more pleasing to the eye? you also need to have not only capable brackets but a method to securely mount them to the wall. the strongest brackets in the world are going to do any good if they pull out of the wall. this means screwing into the studs and i'd use brackets with a couple screw holes in each leg. also once mounted the machine needs to lean back a few degrees so the balls will properly cycle thru the machine.
    additionally, the machine needs to be able to swing out to access the back of it so the frame itself needs to be secured to the shelf/wall.
    for my situation i used two brackets similar to what mopar posted above and screwed those directly into the bottom of the shelf with wood screws. the machine then mounts to that shelf with bolts that run thru the shelf and thru the bottom of the machine and secured by wingnuts. i also did the same along the top of the machine but with one bracket. this worked well for the type of machines that i have and i can swing out the heavier main part of the machine from it's frame with no worries about it pulling off the wall. it was an easy project since mine are in my basement so i didn't have to worry about any design elements in terms of aesthetics.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

2. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog