Thread: value and year

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default value and year

Hi, first time to post. I have a PachinAttachment 77235Attachment 77234Attachment 77236Attachment 77237Attachment 77238Attachment 77239Attachment 77240ko machine made by Nichijin. I have looked all over the internet to find one like it, to no avail. I'd like to know if it is Japan vintage (it seems to be) and what year it was made. I don't know why it is so difficult to find. I see that most machines are sold between $50-$200; however, there are some that are sold for a lot more. I will post some pictures. Please ignore the US flag. One of the kids must have done that years ago. Can you please let me know information about it. Seems the pictures covered up the first part of my post. Thanks.

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Anneabc123

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: value and year

First off to Pachitalk!

What you have there is a 1973 Nishijin Model A (Ladybug)

Here are pictures of another one. https://www.flickr.com/photos/vintag...7625146953467/

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. And once again welcome to PT.

-Max

100 machines and counting...

4. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Any idea on what I could ask for it? What is it really worth?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Um... That can be tricky. I can't see if you posted a picture of the back. But if it is all complete you can look at anywhere between $50-75. If it isn't complete it is around $30 or less as it become parts.

To check if yours is complete look at the picture in the link I posted earlier. The back of that one is 100% complete.

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Value for Pachinkos are most often in the eye of the beholder. A few years ago, a Powerflash sold on ebay for over $1,000. Now, a price of $250 on one gets a bunch of yawns and disinterest. BUT, back in the day.......everyone had to have one. Still sought after, just not as much. I recently paid $60 for a machine that I HAD TO HAVE. Terrible condition, and an important piece was broken. However, I'm going to spend upwards of $300 to restore it. It's a Nishijin B (about 1976), but it means something to me. If you find someone out there who is dying to have your ladybug machine, you might be able to get $75-$100 for it. Otherwise (IMO), it's "worth" $40-60 depending on condition.

Purely opinions on my part. Lots of folks here much smarter than me.

Welcome aboard.
    I'm not addicted to Pachinkos. I can quit at any time. Did I tell you about the three machines that I have on the way?

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Bigdog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk! The attachments aren't working for me so I can't see the condition of the machine. To piggyback on what Bigdog was saying, a machine is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Unfortunately, that doesn't really help you much. Where I live it is a buyers market right now and I see vintage machines in great shape for $35-50 with no interest. From what I see others posting it sounds like $50-75 seems to be the going rate in other parts of the country. Maybe try listing on craigslist at $100 and if there is no interest lower to $75 then to $50 then to $40 until you get interest. Of course, if it is worth more than that to you then just enjoy the game. Balls are readily available via the internet, as are parts and restoration services if you'd like a nice conversation piece and a relaxing distraction from the stress of everyday life. Unfortunately, you are more likely to be able to fill the gas tank than fund a European vacation from the proceeds of the sale.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!! Thanks for joining the forum.

Here is a link to a web page that will give you some food for thought regarding the valuation of your machine:

http://vintagepachinko.wordpress.com...machine-worth/

I hope this helps answers your question. As BigDog said above, selling price is really up to what a buyer is willing to pay for it, and every buyer is different.

~Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

some thing must be up?? for some reason i cant see the pictures??

but i can at least say

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    some thing must be up?? for some reason i cant see the pictures??
    Yeah. Some reason I was able to view them a few minutes after he posted but I no longer can. That is why I posted what machine it was quickly.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Value is a common question asked by newer members. Simply put it is whatever you or someone else is willing to pay for it. Sure the there are games listed for $150 even one at $1500 but what did they sell for and why. When trying to figure value with eBay do an advanced search for closed auctions to see that venue's value profile. I think you will be very surprised to see that less than 14 percent of the total number of games listed at any time sell and 99.9 percent of those sell for much less than $75.00

Best suggestion I can make is enjoy the quirkiness of this hobby but as one member says, if you are looking to make a small fortune in pachinko, start with a big fortune.

17. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to DaveCapps