Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does this looks like everything is there?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Does this looks like everything is there?

I am not sure what is original or not, but I love that center feature. Very cool looking. I am sure Moparformances video will help you with the shooter. There is also the animated video that is really good. Both videos were a great help to me with my first couple Model A's.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks I agree, the center feature is pretty cool. I was excited to get it. I think I will wind up redoing the cell and fill the nail holes above in the wood before doing it. Not sure about the tulip on top. Anybody ever see one up there before?
    Restoring the past - Super-8 and Signal

Thanks
    Thanks Received

looks totaly original to me.. IMHO i would not fill the holes up im sure after playing it a while your going to want to put the nails back in place...

the nails around the top tulip look like they need some adjusting to a ball can enter the side when the tulip is open..

i think i rember the center being called a bull?? not 100% sure..

the nails at the bulls ears need to be adjusted up so whne a ball hits it is directed into the head not away.. IMHO

as for the shooter i would like more close pics from a bit of different angles to see the depth..

it looks like the wire that swings the lifter is on the wring side of the lifter.. when the handle is pulled is a ball lifted to the shooter??

take a look at my vid.. 2.04 into it there is a short shot the the shooter in action that should help ya out..

------------------------------

just above the shooter there is a long wire that resets the jackpot seesaw.. when the balls roll of the jackpot heading to the shooter tray they fall/roll onto a white ramp.. the ramp falls a short distance and push down on one end of the pivot rasing that wire up and reseting the jackpot.. on your macine that wire is on top if the reset.. move it to the bottom.. all this can be see at the same point in the vid..

hope that helps..

nice machine i like the top tulip..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    looks totaly original to me.. IMHO i would not fill the holes up im sure after playing it a while your going to want to put the nails back in place...

the nails around the top tulip look like they need some adjusting to a ball can enter the side when the tulip is open..

i think i rember the center being called a bull?? not 100% sure..

the nails at the bulls ears need to be adjusted up so whne a ball hits it is directed into the head not away.. IMHO

as for the shooter i would like more close pics from a bit of different angles to see the depth..

it looks like the wire that swings the lifter is on the wring side of the lifter.. when the handle is pulled is a ball lifted to the shooter??

take a look at my vid.. 2.04 into it there is a short shot the the shooter in action that should help ya out..

------------------------------

just above the shooter there is a long wire that resets the jackpot seesaw.. when the balls roll of the jackpot heading to the shooter tray they fall/roll onto a white ramp.. the ramp falls a short distance and push down on one end of the pivot rasing that wire up and reseting the jackpot.. on your macine that wire is on top if the reset.. move it to the bottom.. all this can be see at the same point in the vid..

hope that helps..

nice machine i like the top tulip..
    Thanks for the reply. That is great all of it. I had never seen a tulip at the top that I can recall, I assumed it must have been a mod that was done. I will just clean it for now and and play with it to see before I decide anything drastic on the holes as suggested. There is light staining but not bad at all so if I don't need to swap the cell the better. For the loading of the balls, no it is not loading them but I assumed it could be due to being dirty in there because it is dirty inside there. I will take some photos of different angles and post them. I am going to remove it from the cabinet as I need to clean it anyway and much easier if I get it out. I need to open the door to get to most things and it just would be easier out. I will have some photos up later. thanks again, for the help. I have been on a bit of shopping spree of late, so need to decide what machine is next to work on. I am hoping my cell from the one I am on now arrives today. I want to get it back together. So much to do...

Thanks again!
    Mike

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtoad View Post
    I also meant to say I do not think the center feature is original either. If there were nails in the holes where they are removed, no balls would have a chance to go into the sides of the feature, only through the tulip to get into it. Here is shot of the top of the feature.
    I do believe the center feature and the tulip above it is original. Balls landing in the tulip above the CF would drop straight down into the CF, and that was probably the original design. Someone probably removed those six pins to loosen up the machine and make it easier to win.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JACKSJE4 View Post
    I do believe the center feature and the tulip above it is original. Balls landing in the tulip above the CF would drop straight down into the CF, and that was probably the original design. Someone probably removed those six pins to loosen up the machine and make it easier to win.
    Thanks Jeff. I had never seen a tulip there before, at least not that I can recall so was not sure. Also just looked like there are two spots on top that the balls can enter that would ahve to come from the sides rather than the tulip so that is why I thought the center may not have been original. I will do as mopar has suggested and put them back in and adjust the others to see how it goes. thanks again, I am eager to see this all in action..

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice find.

You have a 74 Nishijin Model A (tiger) machine. I have had a few model B versions before.

16.jpg

Also the explanation for the missing nails... kugushi (nail adjusters)... in the parlors they would adjust nails so the odds of winning are next to nothing. Doesn't surprise me that they may have added extra nails to increase parlor profits. I have a few single shots where that seemed to have happened.

Edit: Just looked at the picture I added and it has those missing nails in place. So my excuse is invalid. However I do remember playing that machine now. And I got a ball into the center a few times. But I had to set up the machine so it could do that. Meaning the nails by the ears I had to bend WAY out to knock the balls in. And the top set of 3 I had to push them together tight to get as much room as possible.
    Last edited by mxfaiman; 10-31-2014 at 07:39 PM.

100 machines and counting...

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Nice find.

You have a 74 Nishijin Model A (tiger) machine. I have had a few model B versions before.

16.jpg

Also the explanation for the missing nails... kugushi (nail adjusters)... in the parlors they would adjust nails so the odds of winning are next to nothing. Doesn't surprise me that they may have added extra nails to increase parlor profits. I have a few single shots where that seemed to have happened.

Edit: Just looked at the picture I added and it has those missing nails in place. So my excuse is invalid. However I do remember playing that machine now. And I got a ball into the center a few times. But I had to set up the machine so it could do that. Meaning the nails by the ears I had to bend WAY out to knock the balls in. And the top set of 3 I had to push them together tight to get as much room as possible.
    thanks Max. It is exactly the same other than being a B and different background. I will add the nails and see what adjusting needs to be done. I really like the look of the machine.

Thanks again,
    Mike

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok so I finally had a chance tonight to remove this from the cabinet, do a little testing and take some photos.

the machine is not loading the balls but I suspect it is just that the loader in the door is dirty as anything. If you look in the photos you can see one ball down ready to load but if you manually pull down the plastic piece at the bottom the ball does not move forward. It needs a couple more to be down there to nudge it and they are not dropping down as you see the 3 up top in the loader. I think just dirty.

Also so I tested all the pockets and it is jackpotting most of the time. Seesaw on a couple of occasions did not tip and again I am hoping it is just a dirty issue. The tulips are all a little sluggish from being dirty again but the one on the right is jammed. There are several balls I can see in there and if you look at the photo of the back you can see them in there. One question I have is that tulip in the back looks like it is tilted, does it look like something is wrong? Hoping not. But either way what is the easiest way to clear it? Removing the back plastic that is covering it?

Also if you look at the photos of the back that one wire bent down I am not sure what it does or where it should be. I looked at mopar's video but I cannot tell exactly what it does. I can see kind of where the end should be but not really.

Also so just an observation as I have been accumulating a few machines of late. My Sanyo which is my first machine that I have had since I was little is by far the loudest machine I own. The bells are way louder when you have a jackpot as well as just the general sound of the balls during a jackpot. All the other brands I have tried (Nishijin Daiichi and Maruto) are about the same volume but the Sanyo is much louder. I find at night if others are sleeping that I am always leery to play the Sanyo even though I am in the basement but with these others I don't think I would be as leery of it. Has anybody else found certain machine types are louder?

thanks again for any and all help,
    Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are the shots of the back and the wire in question and some other photos of the back.

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

its interesting that the tulip is striaght in the front and looks twisted on the back.. I have had great luck with a magnet pulling balls out of a jammed tulip.. (its one of those magnets on a long spring.. i don't mean i use the spring part to reach inside the machine.. the magnet is 10 mm around so i can reach down into the tulip an inch or so further to pull the balls out the way they went in.. most of the time i find a dust bunny, oversized ball or other object in the way

as for the wire that is bent.. it is the lower tray over flow shutoff... when the top tray is full it will over flow balls to the lower tray... when the lower tray is over full it will back up onto that tube.. when the weight of the balls hit that white lever the wire will swing up and deactivate the shooter in the same manor as a model "B" machine would.. straighten the wire out and all will be fine again...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

21. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

as for the shooter give it a good cleaning and see if that solves your problem... remember to clan the pivot points but no lubes need be applied

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Mopar. I will clean the shooter and adjust the wire. I took a magnet as you suggested and I attached it it a chopstick and was able to remove the balls and after doing so I could see the back of the tulip was hanging off. I removed it and the back disconnected. Also as you can see one of the petals of the tulip is broken by the nail. I am unsure if it will break further with operation or if the back can be reattached. I think it can but not sure and the broken petal is a bummer. . Does anybody know where I can get a matching one?

Thanks,
    Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtoad View Post
    Also as you can see one of the petals of the tulip is broken by the nail..... Does anybody know where I can get a matching one?
    I see quite a few tulips and other parts for sale on eBay. If you don't see exactly what you are looking for you may try sending a photo to the seller to see if they have one or a set they are willing to sell.

26. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the piece broken looks so small.. is the break causing problems???

if it were mine i would try a small dab of epoxy to keep it from breaking further and shape it smooth so it wont hang up..

28. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There are some small stress cracks it looks like. Not sure if they will cause an issue or not. Here is a larger picture. What do you think?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/overloadednoggin/15157747683/sizes/o/in/photostream/

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now I am wondering if I am overreacting. I was messing with it and using more force than I think the balls will put on it and I think it might hold up. I don't think I can put epoxy though due to where the break is as it could glue the petal to the shaft.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Im not talking about rebuilding & or reshaping it.. just a smear or dab to hold it together..

ya will probably have to take it apart so you can make sure the center is smooth.. and wont stick to the shaft

32. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    Im not talking about rebuilding & or reshaping it.. just a smear or dab to hold it together..

ya will probably have to take it apart so you can make sure the center is smooth.. and wont stick to the shaft
    That should work. You might have to come back after with some sand paper or a small drill bit to get off any excess but that is easy.

100 machines and counting...

34. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thanks guys!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2