Hi,

so I am planning on buildings stand to put my machines on and have some questions. I was planning on framing with 2x4 studs and facing with cabinet grade plywood with a top of either same plywood or using poplar boards. I want to put machines in cabinets I will build on top and wanted to store machines that are not in use underneath as I do not have room for a ton of machines out. So on to my questions.

Does anybody know if I frame it that way how far I can safely go with open space underneath? Meaning if it was say wide enough to hold 3 machines side by side by side, would one center support going from top to floor (would frame it like a wall so studs going from front to back) be sufficient for the weight of the machines and balls in a top hopper? I prefer as much open space underneath as possible so I can store as many extra machines as I can but also want to make sure it can safely support the weight it needs to.

Also, this question pertains to machine storage. Can machines if I empty all balls be safely stored on their sides or is that not recommended and I should have upright?

Thanks in advance,
Mike