Thread: Jaws Cope

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Jaws Cope

Hello... First off my name is Cope... I have never heard of Pachinko... guy comes in my shop yesterday... says he has this machine and wants to sell it... I know this guy..good honest guy... says he just got it and intends on fixing it and selling it. so we unload it and bring it in.. plug it in and lights turn on and man it looks cool... I did not care if it worked or not.. I had an idea of just using it as a cool ornament... he said he wanted 100 bucks.. hell I thought the electronic in the back were worth more than that... long story short.... I fixed it... works just fine seems as though someone put a larger than normal ball in it and it was jammed... No sound.. Is there a volume control on it somewhere... I see it has 2 speakers up top and a speaker by the launch arm..... why two speaker locations? anyone have a schematic of the back of the machine so I can see what all this stuff does...

I have searched and found nothing so I dicided to join so I can ask questions and see photos... thanks guy... and I have no clue what the purpose or object of the game is.. load balls fire them off and load balls again.. rinse and repeat....

2. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to cope

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Jaws Cope

Welcome to the madness known as Pachinko!!

I cannot address your questions regarding the sound or electronics, but I can tell you that Pachinko in Japan is a lot like Dave & Busters in the U.S. Patrons buy a set amount of balls to play the machines with the idea of winning more than you started with. When done with play, you can exchange the balls for merchandise in the Pachinko Parlor, items like toys, small electronics, clothing, etc. Gambling is illegal in Japan, so a Dave & Buster's approach is the next best thing.

Again, welcome to the addiction!!

~Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome Aboard

Now that Jeff has given a brief intro on the use of pachi balls and gambling.
    Volume controls depend on the age of the machine most moderns (15years old or newer) have a 3 position volume switch, Some owners also fit L-pads or varible resistors to decrease the volume of the machines as they can be too loud on the quietest setting, If these are burnt out you will get no sound, Also speakers get unplugged for the same reason, Moden machines older than 15 years can have other ways of changing the volume, I had one machine where you plugged the speaker into a diferent socket on the circuit board to change the volume, Againm if not plugged in. no sound. Of cours they could be the possibility that your speakers are damaged and need replacing.

Check for any disconnected sockets or wires, Open the front door and follow the wires from each speaker, back to the circuit boards,

Also worth posting a clear picture of the front and back of the machine, It will help identify the make, model and age of the machine, (unless it is actually a Jaws macihine ) Also we love pictures
    Ian #UKPachinko

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well I'm tring to figure out how to up load a pic

Thanks
    Thanks Received

2.jpg1.jpg3.jpgOk here we go.. the arrow with the?? what does that do? volume? its a red plastic screw .. also see the two areas where speakers are at.. The top speakers were disconnected.. they work now.. the bottom speaker does not work....

9. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to cope

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just loaded some pics... I have no idea what year model this is... any clues.. like I stated this is the very first machine I have ever seen.. never knew they existed.. so that is how much knowldge I have on them.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

Jaws was made by Kyoraku in 2006 so it could have been used in parlors legally until '09, but none ever stay that long!! Here's its official page..

http://www.kyoraku.co.jp/product_sit...aws/index.html

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

looks like your getting things sorted..

so a simple

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk!!!

The speakers may have been disconnected due to the notoriously loud alarm that goes off in this machine when it is first turned on. I have this machine and if I remember right it has a 3 position volume control switch on the back. As with a lot of these machines the settings are Loud, Very Loud, & OMG!!!

I installed individual volume controls on each of the speakers to make it better for home use.

These are the controls I installed:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volume-Contr...item1e66dcd013

Congratulations on a really fun machine.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well, let me tell you.. I built a wall cabinet and attached it to the wall so it won't tip... So.... I rigged a off on switch to the back of the cabinet so I can turn off the sound... especially when it is first turned on.. loud siren... 30 seconds.. I have played it for a while.. I see it has 3 functions... (please let me know how I control these functions) one if the ball bearing shooting making it into various holes.. figured out one = 10 4 others =3 balls.. make it into the center hole.. and the slot machine funtion comes on.. hit 3 in a row and you go to some sort of rounds.. 1-15 not sure what the purpose is.. but it feeds out massive pay off..... then at one point you get to shoot the shark with a gun, speer, and rocket launcher... now every now and then a little seal pops up.. and other little characters.. haven't figured out their purpose or how to control them .. if you can or not..???? then at one point a cartoon like movie came on... some chick swimming around and trying to swim up and onto some floating numbers... what do the spinning numbers indicate.... so many different things I have stummbled on to in just the last two days of play... the payout function only counts up to 1000 then says full.... But it still keeps count... it counts when the payout gets empty...

Is there anything else that this machine does that I haven't learned yet...... Is it better to shoot the balls constantly or use the single shot function? and why does that little door under the center jaws (open &^ Close) what makes that open? and why..

I have killed 7 sharks... How do you reset the machine for a new player.. or do you just walk away and let someone else take over... So many questions... It is a cool machine.. and I think I got a deal on it... guy thought it was broken.. But it works fine after I tinkered with it...

17. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to cope