Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How much should I expect to pay for a working early modern pachinko machine?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: How much should I expect to pay for a working early modern pachinko machine?

Hey Toad - believe it or not, I have this machine!

Bought it in 2012 and had it shipped on a container back to Australia (with 10 others).

It's quite beautiful - it's full name is Za Matsuri II (or, The Festival in english). It's number 'II' as it's the second in the line.
    It's from a Japanese maker named SANKYO and it's from the early 90s', around 1994 I'd guess.
    It's a 'hanemono' type machine - that is, it has little 'wings' that move to catch the balls and feed them to the central 'yaku', or centrepiece.
    Get the right balls in at the right time, and BAM!, Jackpot starts.

Here's some more shots to help you decide.

The Matsuri II back of machine.jpgThe Matsuri II cell in frame.jpgThe Matsuri II full machine.jpgThe Matsuri II yaku closeup detail.jpg

Oh - I paid well over US$100 for mine, fully working with 500 balls - but I do that sort of thing!
    Last edited by candyflip; 10-08-2014 at 05:54 AM.
    There is always another machine around the corner...

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: How much should I expect to pay for a working early modern pachinko machine?

interesting how the cell looks identical but the frames are from different generations.. the machine Mrtoad is looking at looks to be a few years older in style then candyflips.. or is it the same generation frame??
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the replies. Mopar is correct it is the same playfield but definitely the one I am looking at is a different case. I have attached a picture they sent of it this morning.

I also included a picture of the back. Does it look like everything is all there? Also I wondered how difficult it is to clean a machine like this. I have done a few vintages using rivals Ebola and carls video. Just not sure how much more difficult one like this is and anything I should know ahead. I spoke to the seller and trying to go tonight or Friday to see it if we can both agree on a time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Restoring the past - Super-8 and Signal

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks to be all there - I'd stop worrying about it and just go there.
    Try it, see if it works, and either buy or not.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
    Looks to be all there - I'd stop worrying about it and just go there.
    Try it, see if it works, and either buy or not.

That's as they say the plan Stan... . I spoke to them a little bit ago and looking at Friday. My concern about clean in is just so I know if is same process or not. In terms of the different cases does that mean this one is a Matsuri I and not a II?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No - Matsuri I was a different backboard and playground.

Frames vary on the same machine - probably the original parlour it came from in Japan, swapped the cells over a year, then got rid of the frame and cell together at the end of it, somewhat mismatched.
    It matters not - if it works, it works.

Unless you prefer the other frame, in which case, bad luck.

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtoad View Post
    I have done a few vintages using rivals Ebola...
    OMG!!

I hope you and Rival are ok!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

13. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i treat them all the same way for cleaning.. modern machines are harder to clean the back cause ya have to work harder getting to the ball paths.. but the ball path of a modern machine is usually allot shorter..

treat the cell and plastics the same..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
    No - Matsuri I was a different backboard and playground.

Frames vary on the same machine - probably the original parlour it came from in Japan, swapped the cells over a year, then got rid of the frame and cell together at the end of it, somewhat mismatched.
    It matters not - if it works, it works.

Unless you prefer the other frame, in which case, bad luck.
    thanks, I really don't know anything about them. I prefer the older look so it is good luck

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    OMG!!

I hope you and Rival are ok!!
    too freaking funny (not that Ebola is funny)...

stupid ipad spell checker.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    i treat them all the same way for cleaning.. modern machines are harder to clean the back cause ya have to work harder getting to the ball paths.. but the ball path of a modern machine is usually allot shorter..

treat the cell and plastics the same..
    great thank you. That is good to know. I was concerned it would be much different

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So I picked it up today. I got it for $50.00. I tested it and it did make a payout, several as he did not know you put balls in the back and apparently it was building up winning balls. Anyway, so I got it home and now it won't pay out. Not sure even how to get to see where the balls that enter pockets go as it goes behind that lower circuit board. I have not had a chance to really look though. Anybody have any suggestions on what to look for? Only other issue which I did not notice until I got home is on the left side of the playfield, the lights are missing a cover. Not the end of the world but wish I had realized. If I can get it working again though I still am happy with the purchase.

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are some pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images

22. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

all your shot balls should fall into the tray that's in the back bottom.

you can see your payout balls in the channel on the left
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

24. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, yes that part I know but if I drop a ball in a pocket I can see it drop through the pocket in the back but then nothing happens. Seems it is getting stuck somewhere back there. I will after my family goes to bed start looking some more.

Also I was surprised at how much heavier it is than a vintage.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

From my experience of a machine of this age, although a Monaco not Sankyo. The machine doesn't have a memory like the new moderns, so like a vintage it keeps the balls that went into the pockets behind in the cel till it pays out. Then like a vintage will release one ball at a time through a basic seasaw, that gets triggered by the payout. If it can't payout, the balls don't come out the back. Back to basics. Follow the balls from the payout tank, throught the stopper and low ball switch, past the ball dump lever and into the payout assembly, check everything is aligned and nothing small has fallen in. Fluff, screw, oversized ball etc
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 10-11-2014 at 03:28 AM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

27. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    From my experience of a machine of this age, although a Monaco not Sankyo. The machine doesn't have a memory like the new moderns, so like a vintage it keeps the balls that went into the pockets behind in the cel till it pays out. Then like a vintage will release one ball at a time through a basic seasaw, that gets triggered by the payout. If it can't payout, the balls don't come out the back. Back to basics. Follow the balls from the payout tank, throught the stopper and low ball switch, past the ball dump lever and into the payout assembly, check everything is aligned and nothing small has fallen in. Fluff, screw, oversized ball etc
    Thanks for the reply. I am unsure how to get to the seesaw. It looks like it is behind that lower circuit board. Do I remove that somehow? Thx!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As I recall on these early modern machines, they are pretty much based on a vintage "Model C" design/mechanics, but with added 'bells & whistles' attached to the back. I remember that most of the circuit boards and added features detach and swing out of the way pretty easily.

If you have ever worked on a vintage Model C machine, think about how the balls flow through that design. It will help you trouble shoot and triage your modern machine.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

30. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That one is not like the Model C. I bought a Thunder dragon that looks like the same frame. The back is different... But could be very similar in function. Here is the thread: http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/mode...-purchase.html I did open the back to clean things. I think it is in this thread, when I looked to check it...I got the dreaded "server busy" notice! Overall it was pretty easy to open up. Some circuits and wiring harnesses were in the way, but pretty easy! I had a few issues at first, but all was well and it works fine! You can figure it out...it is just a little intimidating with all those circuit boards. I like my vintage machines, but was surprised how much fun this game was!

32. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Jeff,

thanks for for the reply. I have never worked on one unfortunately but if I can move the circuit boards I am sure I can figure out how it all works. I can see how that lower circuit board slides to the side but then the housing for it is still in the way. I will have to spend some quality time with it soon to figure all that out.

The the good news is I found and corrected the problem. Yay! There was a pachinko nail that was in one of the upper pathways. After getting it out the machine was paying out like crazy. The guy must have been playing for a while with no balls in the back and they were just sitting in there. I kept having to refill the back until it stopped.

Thank you and everybody's advice and help and for always dealing with my many many questions.

Mike

34. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast