Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1960's ARISTOCRAT 3 REEL SLOT MACHINE COMPLETE REBUILD STEP BY STEP

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 1960's ARISTOCRAT 3 REEL SLOT MACHINE COMPLETE REBUILD STEP BY STEP

Hi guys well I have run into a problem I seem to have lost a part. I think it is a tubular insert with the approximately the following dimensions 50mm long 47.5 mm OD and 41.2 mm ID.
    Now if I am correct i can get one made but if it is not a simple tube then i need to know. So I'm asking does anyone know if it is a tube or where I may get a replacement.
    You can see it in the photo below as it protrudes through the backing plate before i disassembled that section.

DSC01135-1.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like a bushing that the pull arm shaft extends through. But they usually don't work that way. Is the backing plate stationary, or does it rotate with the arm? What goes through the hole? I will go back through your pics to see if I gan get more clues, and to know what pics to ask for next!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unfortunately, looking through your pics...I don't see any pics of the entire mechanism. Has the working internals been disassembled, or still intact? On my Mills and Bell Fruit machines, the plate rotates to work like a cam, pressing on a roller, on the nub of an arm. This way there is no mechanics to disconnect from the arm to the mechanism. It simply slides out.DSCF7147.jpg This is the handle from mills, greased and ready to install.DSCF7146.jpg The plate on the side is stationary, and the plate on the bottom is the one that rotates and presses on the roller nub. DSCF7168.jpg This is what mine look like assembled. Clearly yours will be different. I have to use my imagination to try to figure out what it used to look like.Do you have any pics of before?
    I also have a Sega machine, it was made from Mills tooling, so is likely the same. Bell Fruit should be different...but probably won't help much. Post some pics of anything you think is helpful!

4. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I tried to post a reply eralier but it looks like it didn't get through. Thank you pachiwall for your reply. The plate on the side is stationary it is bolted in place. I believe it is a bushing that spaces the mechanism out from the bolts on the fixed plate. I think I will need to manufacture one.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The pivot of the arm that goes through the hole...does it attach directly to the mechanism? If so, do you have to remove the arm to take the mechanism out? All 3 of my mechanical machines transmit force from the handle to the mechanism by a plate attached to the arm. No connection of the arm to the inner works (mechanism). How about a pic of the handle, amnd anything that attaches to it...as well as the right side of the mechanism so I can visualize how it works.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well hello everyone I know I haven't been here for a while but like I am I needed to take a break from the restoration as it was getting me frustrated. I still have the problems with the handle even though I made a sleeve insert there are still issues but I decided to leave this for the moment and trudge ahead. I decided to finish the exterior so I added brass protectors to all the corners.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Granox

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We I needed to insert the lock for the drop down door where you open to access the money draw. It took me forever to find a brass lock and I also needed some sort of brass escutcheon for it. I wasn't able to find anything suitable so decided to make one from sheet brass. My final decision was to keep it simple. Sometimes less is more. So with the corner brasses and the escutcheon I'm heading to that WOW factor I was looking for.

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Granox

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now time to add the ball to the handle so I settled on using an 8 ball. So the dilemma how to make sure I drill the hole vertical and in the correct spot between the two 8's. "Bing" brilliant idea....cut a 40mm hole in some timber and sit the ball in that with the 8s centred and equal heights then place a small funnel on top of the ball. Scrape some chalk above the funnel hole so the dust goes in and settles on the ball exactly centre between the 8's. Now remove the funnel careful and use a pedestal drill to drill the hole. Starting with a small drill working my way to the 16mm drill. And there you have it.

12. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Granox

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now remember earlier in the thread I said I wanted a WOW factor, well time is one of them. Originally on the foot rest there was a black rubber mat with the words ARISTOCRAT and a crown and a bunch of raised dots. So I decided to make this out of brass cut out the crown and word ARISTOCRAT and slot it. This way you have matching brass and you see the polished mahogany underneath. So I hope you agree I think it hives it a bit of WOW.

14. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Granox

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Still not finished lots to go ....... If someone could send me photos of how the locking linkages attach on the door where they side up and down I'd appreciate that. That's my next headache.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2