Thread: 1960's ARISTOCRAT 3 REEL SLOT MACHINE COMPLETE REBUILD STEP BY STEP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 1960's ARISTOCRAT 3 REEL SLOT MACHINE COMPLETE REBUILD STEP BY STEP

Hi all, where do I start hmmm how about at the beginning. I am from Australia and more than 20 years ago I married a young lady from Asia and of course she soon found that the local pubs had an abundance of slot machines. She would head down tothe local pub and spend $20 to $30 a day. This was begining to cause me some serious problems an I had to think of doing something before I was banrupted. I had the idea of buying an old slot machine and putting it in the house for her to play. We I managed to find a a 1960's maching with a 4 ft stand. The machine was an old Aristocraft 5 cent totally mechanical 3 reel unit and cost me $250. Well I filled it up with 5 cent peices and gave my wife about $20 worth of 5 cent peices. When she finished them I would open it and give her another $20 worth. Well she played it for hours every day and finally after 2 weeks she got board and the best part is she had no impulse to go and play the ones at the pub either so she was cured...fantastic. Now hmmm what to I do with the slot machine. Well I loved the fact that it was totally mecanical and thought I should restore it. Ok fast forward to about 5 years ago and I started to dissasemble it. Below is the machine as I got it DSC00122.jpg

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Granox