Thread: I have an old Pachinko, anyone care to identify and appraise it? PICTURES INSIDE

Tokie Owens Guy with an old Pachinko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default I have an old Pachinko, anyone care to identify and appraise it? PICTURES INSIDE

Ok so I have this old pachinko and I know what a pachinko is and so forth but I've never really bothered to research exactly what sort it is or who made it etc. I can give you some background on it's history though.

At some point in the past most likely sometime between the 1960s and 1980s it came into the posession of some family friends by way of their son who was in the Navy or associated with the Navy is some way. I assume he aquired it somewhere out in the Pacific if not directly from Japan. It sat in their basement in Colorado for a minimum of almost thirty years during which time me and my sister would play with it whenever we were over there, in the mid aughts I took possession of it when the last survivor of that family sold her house and she died a few years ago. It came with me on my move to where I live now in Washington State specifically Snowhomish County.

I've always liked the thing and I still do like it but I haven't played with it in years and if it's worth something I have more need of the cash, I think this thing is at least fifty years old. What is it and what is it worth? Oh and yeah it works and I do have a bunch of balls for it that have Japanese writing on them.

DSC00288.jpgDSC00289.jpgDSC00290.jpgDSC00291.jpg
    DSC00293.jpgDSC00294.jpgDSC00295.jpgDSC00296.jpg
    DSC00297.jpg

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to Guy with an old Pachinko

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: I have an old Pachinko, anyone care to identify and appraise it? PICTURES IN

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: I have an old Pachinko, anyone care to identify and appraise it? PICTURES IN

It's a Maruhon made in the mid 1970's it is missing a lower track cover but over all it's in good shape, working it's worth around $75
    Unless you try to be more than you are, what you are is all you will ever be.
    http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to cardwwi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cardwwi View Post
    It's a Maruhon made in the mid 1970's it is missing a lower track cover but over all it's in good shape, working it's worth around $75
    Well if true that's a disappointment since it makes it younger than I thought and substantially less valuable, I was hoping it was worth top hat, ice sculpture and never having to work again money but then again I was arbitrarily aiming for the stars based on nothing whatsoever so what is is. Anyone want to offer a conflicting report or is this man accurate in his assessment?

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Guy with an old Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cardwwi View Post
    i dont see any original lights either

Quote Originally Posted by Guy with an old Pachinko View Post
    Anyone want to offer a conflicting report or is this man accurate in his assessment?
    nope.. and to be honest i think it would take ya a while to get the full 75.00 but its worth that,,

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am in agreement with the age and value of your machine stated above. Sorry.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

10. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

TO PACHITALK! If from "70s...I would guess early '70s. as Mopar mentioned, no lights...and the wingnuts that hold the front to the frame. I doubt there is a definitive year that machines went to hinges, as I expect it varies by manufacturer. those things make me think it is a little older...but probably not in the '60s at all. The fact it is a Maruhon makes it less common...but certainly not rare. Less common is neat, because you don't see them all the time, but makes finding parts (like the track cover) harder to find.
    The cover we are talking about is shown here. The open top yellowish plastic track below the ball tray needs a cover. The weight of the balls in the upper hopper will cause them to bunch up and lift on top of each other there. Commonly missing...although I don't know why. Most anything can be used to cover it, from card stock and duct tape...to a fancy carefully cut and bent aluminum strip. The goal is to keep the balls single file and not falling out the back of the machine.
    Looks pretty good overall. The metal chrome frame is in better shape than a lot of what you look at, not perfect but will shine up real good. The plastic chrome on the lower door has tiny cracks in the plastic chrome. Not much can be done about it...but is pretty common for its age. It hasn't been abused, and looks good because of that. I would say between $75 to $100...because it it a Maruhon as opposed to the MUCH more common (but easier to get parts for) Nishijin Model B.
    And your ashtray is flipped over, flip it back over...no reduction in price!
    Last edited by pachiwall; 09-25-2014 at 12:27 PM.

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ditto on the assessments. The truth is it's hard to find a machine that's worth substantially more than that. It really depends on the eagerness of the buyer and the condition, age and rarity of the machine.
    A Hardy har har...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

TO PACHITALK!

What you have there is a 1971 Maruhon Front Overflow. I will agree with others in saying it is worth around $75 (honestly that would be really close to top dollar. Average price is about $50).

Hopefully it will be something you can keep and enjoy.

100 machines and counting...

15. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well if it's not worth a bunch of money I'll probably just hold onto it for now, thanks for the help.

17. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Guy with an old Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Damn, another future fortune destroyed by the experts at pachitalk!
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

19. The following user says "Thanks" to heima