Thread: 1961 Nagoya Ginza single shot?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 1961 Nagoya Ginza single shot?

After picking up my first machine last week I picked up two more this week. I think I'm hooked. I paid $35 for the machine. It seemed like a fair price given condition. After an hour or so of tinkering I had the mechanics functioning and it played great for the hour or so that I tested it. I'll post some photos of the front in this message and post a reply with photos of the rear. I am eager to learn and would welcome any information you have or links to more info about the machine, the manufacturer, etc.

A couple questions:
    1. I am guessing it is a 1961 machine based on the Suncell patent number tag which I am assuming would be the date the patent started? Sound correct?
    2. What would be the proper name of this machine and manufacturer? Was it made by Nagoya? Ginza? Nagoya Ginza? Nagoya model made by Ginza?
    3. Any history of the manufacturer?

The machine needs a thorough cleaning and has a crack in the frame near the lower right corner of the front cover that will need repaired.

DSC_2607.jpgDSC_2609.jpgDSC_2611.jpgDSC_2612.jpgDSC_2616.jpgDSC_2618.jpg

I can upload to my imgur account and post a link if anyone is interested in seeing larger photos.

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 1961 Nagoya Ginza single shot?

Here are the rear photos of the machine. I will need to replace and rewire the jackpot switch. I am also missing covers for the jackpot mechanism and the lower see saw. Bill at Pachinko Restorations was able to help me out with a time period correct switch. Does anyone know where I might be able to source correct replacement parts for the covers or see any other missing parts that I didn't notice?

IMAG0549.jpgIMAG0551.jpgIMAG0552.jpg

4. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Jackpot cover could be a problem. The seesaw cover looks like a small square of plexiglass will look and work correct. I'm not even sure what "period correct" switches would look like. I would just use leaf switches off of a common parts machine...like a Model B. It should lok correct, and nobody else would know it was from a different era.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Neat machine.

I want to say it was actually built probably around 58. As the patent sticker indicates the patent on the artwork ends in that year. So you have to take a few years off. I know that cell was used on a wide range of machines from a variety of manufactures.

It does look like the jackpot cover is missing as you noted. The see-saw cover is an easy fix as it was just a piece of glass, but you can use plexiglass instead and most people wouldn't know or care.

Here are some pictures of an identical machine. 1961 Nagoya - VP0123 - an album on Flickr

100 machines and counting...

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman