Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shooter not firing - My 1st Pachinko Machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Shooter not firing - My 1st Pachinko Machine

If you post higher resolution pictures of that manual on a photo sharing site, and link to them here, I (and others here) may be able to help translate it for you. It looks like that does have the instructions for converting from auto to normal (or vice-versa). The pics here are too small to read the characters. Also - did the unit ship with any extra wires in the package? I'm thinking that it could have had the necessary bits for converting back to ball play already there.
    Woof!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Chumsize View Post
    If you post higher resolution pictures of that manual on a photo sharing site, and link to them here, I (and others here) may be able to help translate it for you. It looks like that does have the instructions for converting from auto to normal (or vice-versa). The pics here are too small to read the characters. Also - did the unit ship with any extra wires in the package? I'm thinking that it could have had the necessary bits for converting back to ball play already there.
    The unit did not come with any extra wires. However, I did saw some loose cables dangling on the back of the machine. One of it , is a green cable on top of the hopper. It comes in a pair of green cables but only one is connected.

Here are the direct link to the instructions manual:

http://i.imgur.com/h5ojvJY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qzYt7vV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uKJdMNO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/B7JcUU0.jpg

Back picture of the pachinko machine

http://i.imgur.com/SVN7Nsz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ki7Stzd.jpg

3. The following user says "Thanks" to noob

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Going purely by the pictures and not tranlating, page 1/1 refers to connecting the chance button on the auto play unit. One wire connects/spliced into pin 9 or 10 depending on the plug,
    1/3 shows the 2 start pocket sensors, on the right hand side, I think it says to just disconnect and plug in the auto play unit, In that case, unless they have been cut off, You should have a yellow and a green connector floating around, They might be tucked behind the circuit boards, Try removing the board ans see if anything is behind it.
    2/3 refers to removing the 5th wire from the connector and inserting one from the auto play, then connecting the removed wire to the autoplay at the black connector.
    3/3 refers to emoving a cover and disconnecting a 3 pin plug and inserting one from the autoplay, Again, that should mean unless cut off, the original unplgged one should be tucked away, unless cut off.

But that is little guess work.
    Ian #UKPachinko

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Going purely by the pictures and not tranlating, page 1/1 refers to connecting the chance button on the auto play unit. One wire connects/spliced into pin 9 or 10 depending on the plug,
    1/3 shows the 2 start pocket sensors, on the right hand side, I think it says to just disconnect and plug in the auto play unit, In that case, unless they have been cut off, You should have a yellow and a green connector floating around, They might be tucked behind the circuit boards, Try removing the board ans see if anything is behind it.
    2/3 refers to removing the 5th wire from the connector and inserting one from the auto play, then connecting the removed wire to the autoplay at the black connector.
    3/3 refers to emoving a cover and disconnecting a 3 pin plug and inserting one from the autoplay, Again, that should mean unless cut off, the original unplgged one should be tucked away, unless cut off.

But that is little guess work.
    Thanks, will take a more detail look from the behind and give it a try.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As for cyclic, no idea. Sorry, but from others I've seen you need to remove the cel from the frame, then cut a 20-25mm lot in the plastic of the frame, then glue a L shaped piece of plastic in a slope to guide the balls back to the front tray,

have be a look at this post, the last one shows modified parts.

Heiwa Lupina Frame guide (identify, strip down and cyclic mods)
    Ian #UKPachinko

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Guys,

Thanks for all the advice and info. A short update...

I managed to "undo" all the auto-play controller cables, now manually dropped the balls into the pockets, the reel will spin. Thank god that the seller did not cut away the original cables or connectors.

Next thing to do will be getting the Dongle.

Question:

Other than getting the Dongle from YAJ which will take 2 weeks to reach me, is there any quicker alternative? (** I won't be able to make one myself as I am really hopeless with all those electronics, soldering stuff)

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to noob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if you can, although it is does take time, Check starting the reels by dropping balls into the pocket, when it hits a fever, Make sure the trapdoor opens, then drop 8 balls into the trapdoor to make sure it closes again, Also don't drop any balls in and see how long it stays open form before closing its self. (approx 30sec?)

As for a dongle, I looks like its a waiting game, You can ask Juno at bid service if you can get one sent using EMS, you might get it quicker that way, I've had stuff delivered to the UK from seller to house in a week before.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if you can, although it is does take time, Check starting the reels by dropping balls into the pocket, when it hits a fever, Make sure the trapdoor opens, then drop 8 balls into the trapdoor to make sure it closes again, Also don't drop any balls in and see how long it stays open form before closing its self. (approx 30sec?)

As for a dongle, I looks like its a waiting game, You can ask Juno at bid service if you can get one sent using EMS, you might get it quicker that way, I've had stuff delivered to the UK from seller to house in a week before.
    May I know why drop 8 balls into the trapdoor? what are the test results we are looking at here?

Is Juno a forumer here? I brought my machine via this forwarder - fromjapan.com , not sure if they allowed seller to sent direct.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Dropping 8 balls in and the door shutting will confirm that the sensor in the trapdoor works.

Juno is here.
    Bidservice.jp - Juno's Japan Bid and Buy Agent Service for Worldwide.

same sort if service as FromJapan but a more personal touch, really nice guy, FJ will not send direct from customer, I've asked that before, but Juno might or give you a faster turnaround. Especially if you tell him you want it in a hurry, Tell him Ian sent you
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Dropping 8 balls in and the door shutting will confirm that the sensor in the trapdoor works.

Juno is here.
    Bidservice.jp - Juno's Japan Bid and Buy Agent Service for Worldwide.

same sort if service as FromJapan but a more personal touch, really nice guy, FJ will not send direct from customer, I've asked that before, but Juno might or give you a faster turnaround. Especially if you tell him you want it in a hurry, Tell him Ian sent you
    Thanks Dude,

I will contact Juno asap.

Thanks
    Thanks Received
    Ian #UKPachinko

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow..thanks, that's quite a lot to choose from. Surprised to see the price can range from 104 yen to 1000 yen...I thought they are all the same thing,

Thanks
    Thanks Received

They are inside, except for the one at ¥2980 that has a basic data counter wired in to the credit buttons on the front of the machine. To keep track of start pocket hits and fevers.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Caution though, the cheap cover ones seem to be covers only, just check to make sure you get the right thing. Because they used a generic photo
    Ian #UKPachinko

20. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Guys,

One more question. Refer to my attached picture, I noticed there is a green cable dangling loose at the hopper area...I have no idea where this cable should go to, should I tied it to the screw marked in yellow?

Thanks

Last edited by noob; 09-21-2014 at 03:33 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Its an earth strap, If your country uses 3 pin mains sockets. wire it into the earth feed on the transformer, If it doesn't. tuck it out of the way. In the parlours you have millions of balls rubbing each other and the drive belts and things, it creates static electricity, So some of the ball paths have metal plates and runs that are earthed to prevent a static discharge from damaging the electronic.

or so my understanding is,
    Ian #UKPachinko

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Its an earth strap, If your country uses 3 pin mains sockets. wire it into the earth feed on the transformer, If it doesn't. tuck it out of the way. In the parlours you have millions of balls rubbing each other and the drive belts and things, it creates static electricity, So some of the ball paths have metal plates and runs that are earthed to prevent a static discharge from damaging the electronic.

or so my understanding is,
    My country used 3 pin but i m using a step down transformer for this machine, do i still have to do it?

Mind showing me where is the earth feed of the transformer?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It depends who supplied your transformer and are you going straight from 230v to 24v or are you dropping from 230v to 100v to 24v through a transformer supplied with the machine?

I wire all my machines myself, so I put a 3 pin plug on a length of 3 core mains flex, then connect the live and neutrel to the transformer, then the earth to the transformer casing, then connect the machine earth to the casing as well. Judging by your pictures, you only have 2 wires from your transformer screwed into the back of the machine, So I would probably do what our American friends do and not worry about it
    Ian #UKPachinko

26. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi all,

More updates...

My CR dongle finally came, the shooter is now able to shoot balls into the play field...yeah.

Question:

I noticed when balls goes into those "side pockets", nothing happen. The reel only spin when the ball go into the center pocket.
    Is this normal?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thats normal, side pockets normally pay out 10 balls (depending on spec) but no reel spin, The middle pocket/pockets payout 3 or 4 balls and you get a spin as well.
    Ian #UKPachinko

29. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast