Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shooter not firing - My 1st Pachinko Machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Shooter not firing - My 1st Pachinko Machine

Hi,

My apologies if my question sound silly as I am a noob with pachinko machines and don't understand Japanese language.

I just brought my first Gundam Fever Pachinko machine via Yahoo auction japan. It comes with a external auto-play controller.

Question:

- When I switch on the Auto-mode on the external small black box, I can play the pachinko games. But when I put the pachinko balls on the front tray, the balls does not move - nothing moves.

I have tried putting balls on the hopper - top tray located at the back of the pachinko machine - a few balls drop down (I presume it fell into the "collection" container inside the pachinko machine) while the rest of the balls stay out on the tray. Anyway this doesn't help.

Is there any way that I can play the pachinko machine by using the balls?

I have attached the instruction manual that comes with it.

Thank you.

h5ojvJY.jpguKJdMNO.jpg1.jpgB7JcUU0.jpg

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to noob

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Shooter not firing - My 1st Pachinko Machine

Welcome Aboard

Nothing wrong with buying from YJA, All my machines came that way
    Do you have the original link, or if you don't want to reveal what you paid, one of the sellers other listing,

Some basic first steps to go through, Do you have a dongle fitted, This will be a 25pin D connector, Like the old fashioned printer connector, This will be located on the back, Without one the shooter will not work, It may have a 1A fue near by, Check to see if its blown. Then remove and refir your dongle, It may have come loose in transit. Some sellers like to charge extra for them, But you can make one yourself cheaply if you can use a soldering iron.
    Second, make sure you have a firm grip of the shooter, They require a ground signal through your body to also work. As long as you are touching the metal part you should be fine.

Has the machine been converted to cyclic,

Open the front glass and drop a ball into the start pocket on the front, You can do this with the power on if you like.

Does the ball return to the front, Or fall out the back?
    If the power is on, Did the video reels start?

The manual shows all the connections for the auto play, Not much about the frame wiring
    Ian #UKPachinko

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Drunkenclam,

Thanks for the prompt replies.

This is the site which I brought it from:

実機 機動戦士ガンダ*Y★フル可変コント*ーラ ー付★ - ヤフオク! - ヤフオク!

Below is the picture of the back view, may I know where is the balls stored after it goes down from the hopper?

SVN7Nsz.jpg

As for the dongle, am I right to presume that mine is missing from the picture? Other than getting from the seller in japan, is there any other sellers that I can get it from?

Ki7Stzd.jpg

As for the shooter grounding, my whole shooter seem to be made of plastic. I tried gripping the shooter with my entire hand..no effects.

jcHOPgy.jpg

Lastly, this is how the front panel ball insertion looks like..I think it should be configured for cyclic..or am I wrong?

xbzg3kC.jpg

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to noob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can see from the picture, you have no dongle, Check inside the box the machine was delivered in as it may have fallen out and be in there. The instructions to may your own are here.

Pachinko Pre-paid Card and Card Reader Unit History and Technical Information by Pinball Dave

This is the basic one, You can pick these up from YJA also, Or there are two improved versions, that enable the ball loan buttons on the front.
    On YJA they are listed as
    アダプター

Here's one here.
    処分特価 CRアダプター★ - ヤフオク!

Some machines have their circuit boards modified so not to need the dongle, I could not tell you if someone has done this with yours,

In picture 3 you can see a shiny ring around the shooter, Make sure your hand touches that when playing.

The button in picture 4 is the normal drain button to empty all your balls when you have finished playing in the parlour.

What I mean is, Put your door key in and turn it anti clockwise so the front glass opens,
    With the power on, Manually drop one ball into the centre pocket just below the video screen.

Does the ball fall out of the back of the machine, or does it return to the front tray, (You might want to empty the front tray first)

Does the video reels spin?

The reason for asking is, Sometimes when auto play units are added, It stops the sensor in the pocket from working correctly,

As for the balls in the back. They are sitting at the payout motor, waiting to be paid out upon winning
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 09-13-2014 at 02:16 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    I can see from the picture, you have no dongle, Check inside the box the machine was delivered in as it may have fallen out and be in there. The instructions to may your own are here.

Pachinko Pre-paid Card and Card Reader Unit History and Technical Information by Pinball Dave

This is the basic one, You can pick these up from YJA also, Or there are two improved versions, that enable the ball loan buttons on the front.
    On YJA they are listed as
    アダプター

Here's one here.
    ‡ˆ†‰価€€CR‚ƒ€ƒ—‚ƒ˜… - ƒƒ•‚‚!

Some machines have their circuit boards modified so not to need the dongle, I could not tell you if someone has done this with yours,

In picture 3 you can see a shiny ring around the shooter, Make sure your hand touches that when playing.

The button in picture 4 is the normal drain button to empty all your balls when you have finished playing in the parlour.

What I mean is, Put your door key in and turn it anti clockwise so the front glass opens,
    With the power on, Manually drop one ball into the centre pocket just below the video screen.

Does the ball fall out of the back of the machine, or does it return to the front tray, (You might want to empty the front tray first)

Does the video reels spin?

The reason for asking is, Sometimes when auto play units are added, It stops the sensor in the pocket from working correctly,

As for the balls in the back. They are sitting at the payout motor, waiting to be paid out upon winning
    Bad news, I think I am so screwed.

I gripped the entire shooter, nothing happens.

I dropped the ball in the center, reel did not spin and ball drop from the back. When I open the glass panel, there was a japanese lady voice saying something though.

I have searched the entire box and couldn't find the dongle.

Will getting the Dongle from YAJ resolved everything or I still have to "undo" all the auto play stuff (ie. removed soldered cables etc.)

What about the card reader from akimono? (refer to the below url)

Akimono
    Thank you

Thanks
    Thanks Received

your all in over my head but i would offer.. why not buy a dave rob dongle if your going to buy one??

hear
    Pachinko Card Reader Emulator Unit by Pinball Dave
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Japanese lady is probably telling you the door is open. Nothing to worry about there. The ball dropping out the back, that's also good as it means the machine has not been converted to cyclic. The reels not spinning when you drop a ball in the start pocket. That's a little problem. The sockets for this are easy to spot on the back, they are the two brightly coloured 2 pin ones on the back. One yellow the other pink or green. I don't know my colour vision is bad. Check the wiring from there and see if any have been cut.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    your all in over my head but i would offer.. why not buy a dave rob dongle if your going to buy one??

hear
    Pachinko Card Reader Emulator Unit by Pinball Dave
    By getting this, do I still have to make my machine "cyclic"?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Japanese lady is probably telling you the door is open. Nothing to worry about there. The ball dropping out the back, that's also good as it means the machine has not been converted to cyclic. The reels not spinning when you drop a ball in the start pocket. That's a little problem. The sockets for this are easy to spot on the back, they are the two brightly coloured 2 pin ones on the back. One yellow the other pink or green. I don't know my colour vision is bad. Check the wiring from there and see if any have been cut.
    Thought it is better to convert the machine into cyclic as it will be a pain to keep opening the back to retrieve the balls for playing?

I saw from behind there is this yellow, orange and green cable cum connectors. All are securely connected and the wiring has not been cut. The manual that I attached in my 1st post, by following it, will that disable the auto-play and made it back to "normal" mode?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Darn this server
    If you work backwards through the instructions you should be able to reverse. depends where they cut and shut the wiring will make it easy or hard, Basic systems just tap into the start pockets, More advance ones tap into the jackpot door and sensor there too. At the moment, when you hit a fever, (all numbers on the reels match) does the trap door open during the 15 rounds, Do the rounds last a long time

One of mine I converted back had the wires cut off deep in the cel and I had to take the whole thing apart to do it,
    Both Me and Luckydog have cyclic mahcines that have auto play fitted and can be played normally, Mine is a Okumura Urusei Yatsura 3 and LD's is a Heiwa Bunnygirl.

I can just pop down the road and get my dongle direct from Daverob
    Ian #UKPachinko

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Darn this server
    If you work backwards through the instructions you should be able to reverse. depends where they cut and shut the wiring will make it easy or hard, Basic systems just tap into the start pockets, More advance ones tap into the jackpot door and sensor there too. At the moment, when you hit a fever, (all numbers on the reels match) does the trap door open during the 15 rounds, Do the rounds last a long time

One of mine I converted back had the wires cut off deep in the cel and I had to take the whole thing apart to do it,
    Both Me and Luckydog have cyclic mahcines that have auto play fitted and can be played normally, Mine is a Okumura Urusei Yatsura 3 and LD's is a Heiwa Bunnygirl.

I can just pop down the road and get my dongle direct from Daverob
    So far I have yet to get the Fever mode.

Am I right to say that even if I get the Dongle from Daverob, I still have to find a way to modified my machine into a cyclic mode?

By the way, I just sent you a pm.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Roger.
    Don't mean to take away a sale from Daverob, but if you 100% going to convert to cyclic. You will not need all the other functions a credit dongle will give you because the payout system will no longer function. But if you build yourself a nice little wall cabinet with a collection tray at the bottom and a hopper above to move balls by hand, or even a ball lifter. The credit dongle is the best add-on in the world
    Ian #UKPachinko

19. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Due to server issues, I couldn't find this earlier, but now have.
    Have a read of this...

Reversing a desktop unit,

its from when I removed an auto play unit from a Heiwa Desktop cel.
    Ian #UKPachinko

21. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Due to server issues, I couldn't find this earlier, but now have.
    Have a read of this...

Reversing a desktop unit,

its from when I removed an auto play unit from a Heiwa Desktop cel.
    Thanks dude.

I am still a little bit confused over Daverob dongle. Lets just say I have no clue on how to mod my machine into cyclic, will getting Daverob dongle be able to resolve the issue of taking the balls from the back? (Correct me if I am wrong, the cyclic is to help the player from taking balls from the pachinko back)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A cyclic machine has the internal ball paths altered so any ball that you shot will return to the front tray through gravity. So you can play with just 20-50 balls as you don't get payouts or lose any balls.

The Daverob dongle allows the shooter to work it also has it's own credit facility that re enables the ball loan buttons on the front of the machine.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

By the way, How do I perform a reset on the machine? I saw a neon pink button on the lower corner at the back of the machine, pressed it and nothing happen. Do I have to pressed and hold or is there any sequence that I have to perform to reset the machine?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

for a reset hold the button in as you turn the machine on
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

26. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One more thing that I forgot to mention, initially when I first start up the machine , i noticed there is this small red LED counter at the lower back of the machine. It was showing number 7 and I noticed now it is showing number 8, I did some searching around and realized the number 8 is a indication that the dongle is missing. What does the error code 7 means?

Thanks
    Last edited by noob; 09-14-2014 at 02:02 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

possible hopper empty? I wouldn't worry about it yet
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't mean to take away a sale from Daverob, but if you 100% going to convert to cyclic. You will not need all the other functions a credit dongle will give you because the payout system will no longer function.
    I totally agree with Drunkenclam on this point. If you convert to cyclic, then all shot balls return directly to the shooter tray and so you don't need to put balls into the payout hopper on the back of the machine, or use the card reader emulator dongle to pay out balls from the hopper into the shooter tray. So for a cyclic machine, you're better off with a regular 'CR bypass' type dongle.

If you get one of my card reader emulator dongles, then it will enable the shooter handle to work (the same as the regular dongles do!) and allow you to use the 'ball loan' button on the shooter tray to dispense balls from the prize ball payout hopper on the back of the machine whenever you need them. However you will need to keep the payout hopper filled with balls to do this. Usually this is either done automatically with a ball lifter, or manually by collecting the balls that come out of the back of the machine and tipping them into the top hopper when needed. Many collectors have built cabinets to make the manual ball handling easier by extending the size of the hopper so you can go longer without needing to refill it.

30. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast