Thread: Pachinko Newbie With Ball Jammed Newgin Godzilla And No Key

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachinko Newbie With Ball Jammed Newgin Godzilla And No Key

Hi everyone. After collecting a bunch of Pachislo machines, I just bought my first Pachinko. Guy said it worked fine, and I still believe him, but when we met, he didn't drain the balls, and now they're jammed (I think). Shooter sounds fine, but balls don't get to it. Pushed them along with my finger and I could feel them going over a ridge or something. Feeding them this way, with a little push, worked for a bit. Now they won't move (and I hope I didn't burn out a motor or something). Shooter still sounds fine.

I want to open the glass to clear the jam, but can't figure out where in the back the latch to open it is. No key, so the back is my only option. Please help, and thanks in advance. Pics below!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to carrybagman

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko Newbie With Ball Jammed Newgin Godzilla And No Key

Most (but not all) machines you can open the the front by moving the levers on the left hand side either up or down, Don't have this one myself so can't be of more help, If you open the front (glass area) most have a little lever to open the bottom section of the front up as well.
    Ian #UKPachinko

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

looking at the back there should be a lever on the left side center ish that will allow the front glass to open.. once the glass is open your will then be able to open the lower section below the glass..

i dont have that style of frame either... so i do not know the details of where the latch is.. some machines are very easy.. others can be most difficult to open...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

when you open the bottom part of the door check the ramp for something blocking the feed ramp
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a Newgin, in a different frame.001.jpg Not only no key...but no lock cylinder. The glass was exceedingly difficult to open! I remember using a pocket screwdriver to manipulate a linkage on the left side of the back...after careful studying! It was a trick, as on my frame, the linkage was buried amongst linkage for whole frame opening. It always took studying to remember what linkage to move, and where to put the screwdriver. I was looking for a pic of me using the screwdriver on the linkage...but I can't find one, I know I took a pic! I eventually bought a lock cylinder from Candyflip, on eBay. Here is the link of that adventure. Help with modern lock It probably won't help much...but there are a bunch of pics of the assembly disassembled. Since I had no lock cylinder, there was no "trip dog" to inhibit movement of the linkage...it was just hard to reach! If you have a lock cylinder, and the "trip dog" won't allow it to move without a key...there is probably another place to move something to open it. The door closes without a key. If no luck there, and you can see what the lock moves, but can't move it because of the lock...then remove the "trip dog" from the lock, held on by a small screw. Good luck, and WELCOME TO PACHITALK !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey everyone. Haven't posted in a while because I'VE BEEN TOO BUSY PLAYING IT!
    Never got the door open, but ran a plastic twist tie through it and freed the jam! Hooray!!!
    Thanks for all the help and info!!

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to carrybagman

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now you can take your time and source a key at a sensible price at least it's working
    Ian #UKPachinko