Thread: Double Impact questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Double Impact questions

Hello - new pachislo owner here!

I recently got two new (to me) pachislo machines: Azteca and Double Impact. The Azteca is a pretty simple machine, and I have no problems understanding it, even for a
    newbie! The Double Impact is (at least to me) much more complicated, and I have two immediate problems/questions:

I can't figure out how to change the odds on the machine. I know that the general procedure is to: power off, turn on the "setting" key/switch, turn on, then hit the "reset"
    button a number of times to change the odds. On the machine, I power it off, hit the top switch to "on" and turn it back on. This gives me the number "1" in the display -
    so far so good. Now, I press a small button on the power supply that I assume is the reset/configuration button, but nothing changes in the display. I'm not sure if the
    button is broken, I'm hitting the wrong button, or what the problem is. I've attached a picture of the power supply for reference.

The second, less critical, question is that one of the speakers seems to be out. I can hear a little scratching or noise out of it sometimes, but for the most part it
    doesn't play at all. Is this just a matter of tracing the wires and seeing if the connection is good, or is something more serious wrong? The other speakers (this machine
    has 4) all seem to work.

Thanks for the help for a newbie!

Tod Pike
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to todpike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Double Impact questions

to pachitalk! I don't know a lot about troubleshooting pachislos. But my Lucky Cherry's button for changing odds is on the inside of the door.011.jpg All 4 of the pachislos I have had (only have 1 now), the display for odds change was the credit display on the outside of the door. I have heard that the display can be inside somewhere. Are the wires connecting to the speakers soldered, or do the connectors slip off? If they slip off, and you have enough room, try trading places with the bad speaker and a good one. If the problem stays in the same place, it is the speaker. If the problem switches places, then it is either the wires or something in the amp. Trading places with the wires at the amp will confirm if it is the wires. I understand this sounds easy on paper, but sometimes stuff gets in the way in the real world!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Right, the odds display is what is normally the credit display. I'm pretty sure I'm getting into "odds change" mode. The best translation of the label for that little button is "configuration changes", so it's a pretty good bet that it's the right one. For the speaker I just have to figure out which connector is the right one. The speaker itself is hidden behind the boards on the door, so I have to unscrew some stuff, I think.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

check the door again for a small red or black button, are you pressing down the spin lever when trying to change the odds??
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are the Hard Reset Procedure (incl change odds / skill level) Instructions, just in case

Here is some info that explains how to reset a pachislo, as part of this process it includes how to change and set the skill level, you must follow all steps carefully

"How To Set the Skill Levels of Your Pachislo
    HOW CHANGE ODDS:

"TURN YOUR MACHINE OFF FIRST"

1. Locate internal key switch, and insert key.
    Note: In order to change odds, machine must be in idle mode with no tokens/coins or credits being played and off.

2. Turn "reset" key switch to on, to access programming mode.

3. Turn on machine now.

4. Depending on machine type, a number from 1 to 6 will be displayed on one of the LED meters on front door. (please note on some models the numbers could be displayed inside the machine)

5. Locate and push Skill button. Depress button and notice movement of number being displayed in LED meter.

6. Once desired level is displayed (1 to 6), push down on play handle (Joy Stick) for 10 seconds, and depress both "BET CREDITS" and "COLLECT CREDITS" buttons to lock odds level into machine memory.

7. Turn "reset" key back to off.

8. Machine should immediately initialize. If not, turn power switch to the OFF position, wait 15 seconds and turn power switch back to ON position.

Also just to confirm some additional info (from member Chrisdice) regarding hard reset

Two switches on the power supply:
    - One requires a soft reset at the end of a bonus.
    - The other pays out all tokens at the end of a bonus.

For these switches in most cases off is in the down or right position. The for off and on are:

無 = off

有 = on
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

luckydog: I'll check again for buttons/switches on the door. Certainly might have missed it. I am not holding down the spin/play lever while pressing what I think is the reset button. Should I be?

Thanks,

Tod Pike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you press down the spin lever after you set the odds, then turn odds setting key off, check Hanabi's post #5

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, I got the speaker working by reseating the connector, so score one for me. Still haven't been able to find an odds change button. I did notice a strange thing, though. There are two wires going down the right side of the inside of the cabinet to two "posts" essentially that sit right above the access hole in the bottom. Looks like you'd stick something up into the access hole and short the two posts to make a connection. Not sure what this would be used for - anyone ever seen something like that?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if its on the right side that the overflow, usually there is a tray there to catch excess hopper tokens. when it gets filled the prongs shut off the machine

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, luckydog - would not have thought of that, but it makes sense!

Tod Pike