Thread: Newby Pachinko owner pics and question

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Newby Pachinko owner pics and question

Hi all..I bought this Daiichi New Vangurd Hi-Deluxe from a friend for $30...he wanted $50 but I said "$30 plus I'll buy dinner" (I was going to buy dinner anyways but he didn't know that! lol). Anyhow I got it home and didn't take long to find this forum full of expertise and knowledge . After searching the posts I'm thinking this machine is 1975ish vintage? Also does anyone have a picture of how the launch lever spring is connected? The second last photo is a close up of my launch lever section and I'm thinking the brass spring hook should be swiveled to the other side of the launch lever and a spring installed between it and the orange rubber post on the right. Apologies for the messy looking post. Thanks for any and all answers...
    DSCF0007.jpgDSCF0013.jpgDSCF0014.jpgDSCF00021.jpgDSCF00041.jpg

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to braat

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Newby Pachinko owner pics and question

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

4. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PT!!

I see two problems. First, the shooter spring is missing. It hooks to the "bent nail" (red arrow) and attaches somewhere behind the payout plastics via an adjuster. The plastic adjuster is usually broken, so a length of small chain can be used instead.

Second, the silver wire belongs on the other side of the plastic post (green arrow). The plastic will push on the wire, not the wire pull on the plastic, if that makes any sense.

I'd send a pic, but I sold my machine.

Good luck!

DSCF00021.jpg
    pachinkoparts.com - Home Page
    Definition: Racecar-a device that turns money into noise.

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to browne92

Thanks
    Thanks Received

looks like browne92 got the details of your shooter worked out..

in you last picture it look like the jackpot seesaw is broken and or in the wring position.. look like it is straight up and down..

if you have not had a canch check out this video Model how to - YouTube it is not the exact same machine but should get ya in the right direction...

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for your responses guys. I installed table supports and a 9v AC adapter for the lights and it all seems to work now except for one tulip that sticks sometimes and I have to tap on the window to get it going... can I remove the tulip from the front or do I have to get at it from the back as well? Also I haven't figured the payout sequence yet as it sometimes pays out twice?? Is there a standard payout sequence or is it different for different machines?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

m ost tulips can be removed from the front without issues.. so times there is linkage hooked to them so be careful removing it. allot of times it just needs adjustments without removal but that depends on the style of tulip.. a close up pic of the problem tulip (in the open position) would help..

your getting two balls in at or near the same time and not seeing it.. the only way the machine will pay is if a ball enters a payout pocket or tulip.. keep in mind a ball entering the top pocket will take a second or two before it makes it way down to the jackpot mech and trigger a jackpot cycle..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Problem tulip in the open position...one picture taken with flash and one without flash...DSCF0003.jpgDSCF0004.jpg

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to braat

Thanks
    Thanks Received

take a look at the metal tab (Gene Simmons tongue) pointing down between the petals.. its hard to tell from a pic but your looks to be bent a bit.. try adjusting it and straighten it down.. DO NOT!!! get carried away and bend it allot it WILL!!! break if bent back and forth a bunch.. small adjustments are all that is needed..

that is where i would start.. drop a ball into it and see where it gets stuck.. make a small adjustment and try again..

when the tulip is open the ball goes threw the back of the tulip.. when it is closed the ball will fall threw the petals to the bottom tulip

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tks Mopar...one little bend did the trick! But I get a lot less payouts now that it isn't half open all the time Here's a closeup pic of the inside of the bottom tray and I'm pretty sure someone put this sticker in there along the way but thought I'd better show the photo in case there's some Pachinko significance to it. It's a reindeer standing over some Christmas presents. Anyhow this thing is working good now...I'm thinking I'll put it in the living room so my grand neices and nephews can drive everybody crazy...

xmas reindeer.jpg

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to braat

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ooo... You found the rare Daiichi sticker. I have only seen pictures of those. I heard there is some ancient legend about the reindeer and presents, which is why they put those stickers on. The reason why it is there is because it is the darkest place on the machine that is still visible. (cause you know reindeer only come out at night.) I also heard that they enlisted only young daughters of elite workers to place those stickers. It was one of the most highly regarded jobs and no mere mortal would do, they had to be one with the pachinko. Finding these people ended up getting hard which is why they stopped doing it the next day.

100 machines and counting...

19. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Ooo... You found the rare Daiichi sticker. I have only seen pictures of those. I heard there is some ancient legend about the reindeer and presents, which is why they put those stickers on. The reason why it is there is because it is the darkest place on the machine that is still visible. (cause you know reindeer only come out at night.) I also heard that they enlisted only young daughters of elite workers to place those stickers. It was one of the most highly regarded jobs and no mere mortal would do, they had to be one with the pachinko. Finding these people ended up getting hard which is why they stopped doing it the next day.

Well then...I'd better not be prying off said sticker thus dramatically decreasing the value of my rare New Vangard Hi-Deluxe. And I'd better alter my will so that it in the event of my demise my executor will not be giving away my treasure to any bargain hunting Pachinko nut...sigh...I wish you hadn't told me...now my stress level is pushing me towards the beer fridge...look there's stickers on the beer fridge too...

21. The following user says "Thanks" to braat

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by braat View Post
    look there's stickers on the beer fridge too...

100 machines and counting...

23. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman