Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Satomi Miracle Project Begins!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Satomi Miracle Project Begins!

Well I have to say that all the patch work on the Satomi that had been damaged in shipping from UPS mishandling is Good!
    Last night I was able to power the unit and start checking functionality. and the result was. insert token, balls drop. drop balls into each pocket to check the switches there are some burned out lamps but that's super easy to fix. it's payout mech is functional (though the button on the front seems to not trigger payout.. hope it's just something i missed in the wiring) anyways, it's a starting point at least!.
    Pics of the patch work i had to do will be posted tonight when i get home..

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Phulkrum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Satomi Miracle Project Begins!

Does anyone have a clear shot of this Instruction card ?Screen Shot 2014-07-30 at 11.09.18 AM.jpg (this was a screen grab from a youtube vid from a similar machine.)

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Phulkrum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Short the button lugs to eliminate or verify bad conductivity inside the button.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    Short the button lugs to eliminate or verify bad conductivity inside the button.
    Already ahead of you there Emmadog! I found that the contacts were dirty and the good news is that the system is fully functional (besides the 4 burned out lamps..) pics to follow soon as possible!.

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Phulkrum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well so far, I've had to fabricate new standoffs for the logic board.DSCF0010.jpg Also, I found a Fiber glass epoxy that works very well and was able to glue the broken board back together!DSCF0014.jpg

along with the epoxy job I had to re do the trace on the back side of the break..DSCF0017.jpg checked for shorts none found I started testing the system.
    as it stands I now just have to start the design of the replacement cell. currently it's severely water damagedDSCF0025.jpg. so my next post will cover the Background work..

10. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Phulkrum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I will start posting more detailed Photos once I start the tear down!

12. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Phulkrum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thats great news! good luck with the project!

AG
    RUDY WAS OFFSIDE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I knew you could fix it! That looks like what I would have done. What voltage are the lights, and what kind of base? I thought lights would be the easiest part of mine...but I'm still trying to come up with something suitable that don't set my machine on fire!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    I knew you could fix it! That looks like what I would have done. What voltage are the lights, and what kind of base? I thought lights would be the easiest part of mine...but I'm still trying to come up with something suitable that don't set my machine on fire!
    currently the bulbs are a bayonet fitting 24V incandescent bulbs.. The originals that are installed in my system have burned the wood like yours have. I'm guessing this is normal for these type of bulbs and which is why they went for the smaller insert with silicone boot type in the more recent types...

anyways if you want to run cooler the rule of thumb is that you run higher voltage lamps which in turn run dimmer... I'm looking for a 28v to experiment with currently and check temps etc... otherwise this may be my only other option or something along these linesshopping.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had spent some time last night poking around the web and looking for Ideas for a replacement cell and have come up with two possibilities.. Screen Shot 2014-06-13 at 1.11.24 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2014-08-01 at 1.22.13 PM.jpg

as you guys can see I'm attempting to stay sudo retro while giving a refresh..

which one would you guys vote for?

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Phulkrum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I like em both but I'd go with the one on the left.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I like them both too..The one on the right is fun, but the left one may go with the game better!!

I know I'm being really helpful!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    I like them both too..The one on the right is fun, but the left one may go with the game better!!

I know I'm being really helpful!!
    I completely agree the one on the left is good but the one on the right has it's plus's as well..

21. The following user says "Thanks" to Phulkrum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well More Odds and ends ordered today.

Picked up a Sealer Iron for the hot stamping of the plastics hcar8000__14903.1389381801.1280.1280.jpg (please see Pachinko Restorations - How to re-foil Pachinko Parts ) for info on the process put together and presented by CardWii Thank you CardWii! )

ordered some brass nails, a new bumper for the cell and some spring guides from pachinkrestorations.com
    I will be starting the hot stamping this weekend and will post Pics of the progress!!!

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Phulkrum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I started Hot stamping the pay out tray as my test case having not done anything like it before and was surprised how it easy it was!DSCF0043.jpgDSCF0047.jpg

I after I ran the transfer to the part there was some cleanup which I used the back of a hobby knife to get all the edges and it came out awesome!
    As I was blowing the excess from the scraping I noticed that if i blew hard enough it would get the areas i was using the knife to clean up cleared out, which gave me the idea to use compressed air to do the heavy lifting!

DSCF0052.jpg

so I continued to the front lower door.

DSCF0050.jpgDSCF0051.jpgDSCF0053.jpgDSCF0054.jpgDSCF0055.jpg

The hobby iron made it easy for the nooks and crannies so I recommend picking one up they run about 25 bucks, comes with a cotton sock as well so no T-Shirt juggling!

here's the door and tray back on the machine and it all took less than 30 minutes to complete!DSCF0056.jpg

25. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Phulkrum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Things you learn while working on machines. Take for instance, did you know that this specific model is impedance balanced? I found out that if you run incorrect bulbs or a mix of proper / improper bulbs across the top pay out counter lights the machine may light the number? May even light the number but it won't pay out. Problem went away when I stole matching proper voltAge lamps from the matrix to verify the hunch. And I have to say for certain. That the machine MUST run 12v .95 mA bayonet bulbs for the logic to operate correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Phulkrum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well Hot Stamping is completed here's the Pics!DSCF0057.jpgDSCF0058.jpgDSCF0059.jpgDSCF0061.jpg

29. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Phulkrum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looking Good!!!
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just got a translation back from my friend about the internal sticker inside the unit.. thought you folks would appreciate it!!!

DSCF0069.jpg

Warning

1. When adjusting the interior, please make sure that the power is turned off.
    2. When replacing the lamp/light, please make sure that you use a lamp/light with the specifications of 12V 90mA.
    3. As for the fuse, absolutely do not use one with a regulation of greater than 3A

hope this is helpful as it is to I for you other folks that have one of these units.
    like I mentioned in a previous post the machine is impedance balanced and improper bulbs will cause the thing to malfunction.
    Lower voltage will burn too hot and melt plastics. Higher voltage will burn at proper brightness but will also cause the thing to really misbehave.. lolz.

32. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Phulkrum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I Just finished some work with an electrical engineer last week to figure out the Lamp issue, as it seems that they no longer make 12V 90mA bayonet bulbs. I spent weeks and weeks searching for these stupid things prior to tapping this resource with this issue.

according to him with the current budget I had (pun intended sadly enough) I could run 14V 80mA in the system.. (I would post a picture of the sheet of paper he gave me with all the values but oddly enough I can't seem to find it at the moment.)

anyways,

I ordered 25 of these things from Bulbtown and they arrived Saturday. the good news is that they seem to work quite well without causing the malfunction on payout (yet, lol)..
    I need to do some temperature checks on these to verify that prolonged run times don't melt plastics or burn wood.. so I'll keep you posted..

34. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Phulkrum

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast