Thread: Adjusting nails

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Adjusting nails

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I bought a copy for my kindle iphone app which is free. Has some great pics and diagrams. Unfortunately you can't cut and paste to run the text thru a translator but you could take a pic of the text and run it thru the apps that can translate from pics.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Adjusting nails

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    but you could take a pic of the text and run it thru the apps that can translate from pics.
    Those exist!! My dream just became an instant reality. I have been looking for something like that for years.

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

While doing the same search, I came across this: Pachinko parlor owner sticks to his nails | The Tokyo Reporter The part that caught my eye was this.
    "Ono’s machines, all roughly 20 years old, are quite a bit different from the typical machines found today in Japan’s parlors. They are relative antiques." If machines are regulated, and have an expiration date...how can he operate with 20 year old machines? Could there be a loophole for relatively worthless prizes. "In days gone past, candy and cigarettes were common prizes. Maruhan offers Swiss Army knives, Fendi handbags, and compact vacuums. In contrast, Ono gives soap and corned beef. It is not difficult then to see why he describes his recent business as being tough.” I would love to see a pic of his business as a whole! I often thought there could be a market in Japan for a "retro" parlor for the "old timers", who miss the "good old days". I just figured that government regulations prevented it.

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Those exist!! My dream just became an instant reality. I have been looking for something like that for years.
    They've been out for quite awhile and work well although translating Japanese is still a bit less than perfect.

9. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    While doing the same search, I came across this: Pachinko parlor owner sticks to his nails | The Tokyo Reporter The part that caught my eye was this.
    "Ono’s machines, all roughly 20 years old, are quite a bit different from the typical machines found today in Japan’s parlors. They are relative antiques." If machines are regulated, and have an expiration date...how can he operate with 20 year old machines? Could there be a loophole for relatively worthless prizes. "In days gone past, candy and cigarettes were common prizes. Maruhan offers Swiss Army knives, Fendi handbags, and compact vacuums. In contrast, Ono gives soap and corned beef. It is not difficult then to see why he describes his recent business as being tough.” I would love to see a pic of his business as a whole! I often thought there could be a market in Japan for a "retro" parlor for the "old timers", who miss the "good old days". I just figured that government regulations prevented it.
    Would be interesting to see if he's still open or if ny retro parlors exist. That article was from 2002.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog