Thread: Arrangeball / Mechanic / Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Arrangeball / Mechanic / Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go

Well who would of guessed me in Arizona and an arrangeball for bid forty miles from home. Wished I could of went over and seen it but I was on the way home when the auction closed. I bid for a parts machine and won the bid. I did not know that I had to pay for it before I went and picked it up but you live and learn. The employee that brought the machine out of the back was very gently with it and stated he had thought about bidding on it but all it would do would light up. So with that in mind i loaded it up and brought it home. Well the coin unit did not work, it just kicked out the tokens so I manually started the machine and it reset and dropped the balls. I then checked the lights and a few were burnt out and I replaced them. Then I tried to make it payout and nothing. Called my chief Mechanic and we talked about it and I started looking around for problems. On the little computer board I found that two of the four wires on the back side were broke. My Mechanic was up and I sent it home with him. Now if he would just get to work on it I can have it back before I go to Arizona. The machine did not have a placard and I made the one shown in the picture for it. Now if my mechanic would start posting I would learn more about how things are going. It is an unusual machine in that 12 numbers are all duplicated on each side with four in the middle that are individual.
    unnamed.jpg1992303237479an.jpg
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Arrangeball / Mechanic / Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting w

I spoke with the guy at the goodwill at length about that one. In the end I decided against it but its a good looking machine. Hopefully it works properly, if not take it to the guy in Vancouver, perhaps.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Arrangeball / Mechanic / Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting w

all right all right... for the rates your paying ya would think i could get a little time... your next in line.. but with 60hr weeks at the other job im having trouble finding time to sleep...

pictures and more info to follow.

I will say with a bit of work i did get it to play & pay... it wont except tokens correctly so i have some work to do there and then once the shop space frees up it will get the full detail it deserves..

scheduled for 60 more this week then things should slow and i can see about getting a day off...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well after a few hours of reg work and a bit fewer hours of pachi work the machine is up and running..

it pays 1 token for vertical lines on the left "green" side.
    3 tokens for the vertical center "blue"
    2 tokens for each vertical right "red" side..
    no tokens paid for any horizontal or diagonal lines
    15 tokens max if you can get one in each pocket..

the top center will alternate between lighting the 7 or the 10..

lower center pays one token each ball scored.. those balls do not score towards the number matrix

fugi arrangeball .jpgfugi arrangeball (1).jpgfugi arrangeball (2).jpgfugi arrangeball (3).jpgfugi arrangeball (4).jpgfugi arrangeball (5).jpgfugi arrangeball (6).jpg
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

7. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

IMG_0331.JPG - Copy.jpgWell thank you. While you were working on this one I bought another one. You already have this one but It is a great machine and this one looks in better shape than yours. Will be a few weeks before it can make its way here but am looking forward to its arrival. I will have to make a placard for it but that is no problem.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Teddy View Post
    IMG_0331.JPG - Copy.jpgWell thank you. While you were working on this one I bought another one. You already have this one but It is a great machine and this one looks in better shape than yours. Will be a few weeks before it can make its way here but am looking forward to its arrival. I will have to make a placard for it but that is no problem.
    great looking colors on that machine.. looking forward to seeing it...

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    well after a few hours of reg work and a bit fewer hours of pachi work the machine is up and running..

lower center pays one token each ball scored.. those balls do not score towards the number matrix

fugi arrangeball .jpgfugi arrangeball (1).jpgfugi arrangeball (2).jpgfugi arrangeball (3).jpgfugi arrangeball (4).jpgfugi arrangeball (5).jpgfugi arrangeball (6).jpg
    First time I've seen that score style. Very cool.

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Teddy View Post
    Nice score. Looks to be almost the same as the Jan Ball Dragon but with a much better cel theme.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    Nice score. Looks to be almost the same as the Jan Ball Dragon but with a much better cel theme.
    yes this is the same machine that started it all for me...

allot of searching and a little help from Fife.. Fife found it for me

just gifted unsual ?

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good story,I hadn't read that thread before. The machine that made me sell all my regular vintages and become solely interested in arrangeballs was the Taiyo owl. Great machine.
    I like all the ways to score on the Jan Ball machines.

19. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The taiyo owl is my favorite of mine but I probably play my tic tac toe more.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well for a parts machine purchase this Fuji has turned out to be a real surprise. My mechanic's wife brought the machine back home after it was completed. It is a very different arepachi in that four of the numbers light three lights and the other twelve light two. I do not think the odds are good at all but with the numbers all lite it dispenses fifteen tokens very quietly. The bottom middle gives one token when hit. It did not have a placard so I made a homemade one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

22. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the placard looks great.. even with the machine sitting on its side

the double matrix is a neat feature.. looks like an easy score but its not..

congrats on getting it.. glad to see it made the trip with out incident

24. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

great machine and the placard looks great as well. is it a decal/print over plastic?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

After trial and error I have found that the best way to do it is make a decal and glue it on the glass.

I have listed it as GOODWILL FISHING.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

27. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's a good idea, I may give that a try on my Satomi Space Wars. It originally had the same type of placard as my San Diego which is a fairly complicated design. Looks like a decal may be the way to go.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post

. Quite a different payout from any other arepachi I have had. Makes for quite a game.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

30. The following user says "Thanks" to Lt Teddy