Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brought the National home today!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Brought the National home today!!!

Excited to have another machine in the house tonight!

Have a couple funny (to me) stories though.
    #1 - While talking with the seller, she quickly admitted that she had no clue as to what its history was. She said she was holding it as collateral against a utility payment she made for someone (I didn't ask) because it was all they could offer her. So, I have a new pachinko because someone skipped out on their Water/Gas/Electric bill... probably more sad than funny now that I think about it.

#2 - I opened the door to test all the pockets and dropped a ball in the top of the center feature. To my surprise, I heard a very sudden metallic TING!
    It was not a bell ringing..._MG_4279.jpg

I fished out the ball and took a peak..._MG_4280.jpg

...And found a dime! _MG_4281.jpg Day one and I'm already making money!

I've already dubbed this machine "The Kooky Kabuki" because of the Kabuki masks and fans in the center feature, and the way the eyes rock back and forth when you land a ball in them(if it has another name, cool. But I like this one. ). I really like the gameplay on this one. A shot in either eye will open the tulip on that side of the cell, and a shot in the very center of the feature resets the eyes and goes to the three stage tulip directly below. The machine is fairly dirty, but the good news is that the spinners and pockets seem in good shape and there is very little paint issues. Some re-foiling would do wonders though. The pockets are all put on with screws and some are corroded. Hopefully I can find some replacements. The really good news is that the track cover IS there (Unless one goes on the top track as well), and the mechanics are 100% operational. The electrical... not so much. A big chunk of wire is missing in one spot and there are a couple places where another was cut. However, that is a ways down the road. Time to clean! More pics below.

_MG_4276.jpg_MG_4277.jpg_MG_4282.jpg_MG_4283.jpg_MG_4284.jpg_MG_4285.jpg

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to TheRaz

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Brought the National home today!!!

I think they're Daruma

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

4. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also, I've got blue balls!

_MG_4294.jpg

This made for a scary ride home.

When I mentioned putting balls in it when I got home, the seller said, "Well, it came with a couple balls in it already. They're blue and in the back of it." I was confused and thought, "Painted pachinko balls?"

So I reached back and pulled out these two plastic balls that weighed nothing and thought, "Oh god, this thing is going to be full of these!"

Luckily that was not the case.

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to TheRaz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    I think they're Daruma
    Huh? Hadn't heard of them before, but you are correct.

I could perhaps be persuaded to change it to "Dizzy Daruma" though.

Thanks for the correction!

8. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to TheRaz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

congrats
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey all, I've run in to a slight issue on this machine. The Jackpot reserve sometimes refuses to refill and I'm trying to figure out if it is my less than pristine pachinko balls, or something I'm not seeing. I ordered balls from Akimono this morning, but those will take a week or so to get here and I want to rule out anything else before they arrive. Check out the video below. I apologize in advance for being a slow talker and I think I say payout instead of refill (among other slip ups) somewhere in there too.
    Thanks!

12. The following user says "Thanks" to TheRaz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i dont think i have ever seen one quite like that.. im sure others have seen similar problems..

the rare occasion that i have jackpot troubles seem to revolve around dirty pivot points on the swing arm not returning all the way back to the top of the cycle.. or really slow return

im assuming you have played the machine and the same problem happens with a real jackpot (instead of hand dumping like in the vid)
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    I'm assuming you have played the machine and the same problem happens with a real jackpot (instead of hand dumping like in the vid)
    Yes, but it can work just fine for a few cycles. I just got lucky in the video and did it twice in a row. It's just that when this happens, it screws up everything down the line and makes the machine unplayable to an extent. See-Saw has to be manually reset, anti-cheat gate at bottom of winning ball chute has to be manually raised to clear it, etc.. Standar model B stuff. If it still does this once I have the new balls, I am going to be upset. They are just two pivoting plastic chutes and they are clean, so not sure what I'd do beyond that.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Guess One:
    There is a copper or brass arm with a white plastic piece on the end of it. It pivots and moves the clear plastic pieces that release the jackpot balls.

Is yours bent a little bit? Is it not moving up (or down) enough to work consistently?

Guess Two:
    The lower jackpot arm (not shown in your video) is binding a little bit and not allowing the upper one to move freely. What I'm calling the lower jackpot arm is where the WIN jackpot pachinko ball goes onto, right after the see saw. The weight of the pachinko ball pushes the lower jackpot arm down until the jackpot cycle finishes and the WIN ball is released. The way to test this is with no pachinko balls in the machine, see if it moves freely without binding. or scraping against the plastic (or wood).

17. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    Guess One:
    There is a copper or brass arm with a white plastic piece on the end of it. It pivots and moves the clear plastic pieces that release the jackpot balls.

Is yours bent a little bit? Is it not moving up (or down) enough to work consistently?
    Close, the piece is there, but it doesn't move the chutes. I only runs the metal piece on the bottom that catches and releases the balls by way of blocking or freeing the curved white piece of plastic. The arms you see for the chutes actually have to drop down to refill the reserve, and the moving part would only push them up. I've thought about rigging a T-bar that is attached to the moving piece, that way it pulls them down and opens them every time, but I feel like adding parts may just add more problems. That and I'm not sure how I would attach it. Wheels are still turning on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post

Guess Two:
    The lower jackpot arm (not shown in your video) is binding a little bit and not allowing the upper one to move freely. What I'm calling the lower jackpot arm is where the WIN jackpot pachinko ball goes onto, right after the see saw. The weight of the pachinko ball pushes the lower jackpot arm down until the jackpot cycle finishes and the WIN ball is released. The way to test this is with no pachinko balls in the machine, see if it moves freely without binding. or scraping against the plastic (or wood).
    Everything moves freely and fully. No blocks or lost range of motion.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Try bending the right side of the piece in the red rectangle, a little, just to get a little more action.

Maruto GEAR Back.jpg

20. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Try having the machine tilted back more at the top. About 1-1/8" out of plumb.

22. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The jackpot mech itself might be slightly out of line with the chute above or the arm. Another culprit is did you take those arms off and clean them? If not, try that. If you did you might want to go find a little spray silicon and put a little on there.

100 machines and counting...

24. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry for the hiatus on this thread, but I have been demo'ing our bathroom for remodel and I also wanted to take a break from the problem until my new pachinko balls came in. They arrived today, so here I am.

After loading up the machine and playing, I hit around 20 payouts spread over every pocket on the play-field and the reserve never jammed up once.

I appreciate everyone's advice, but I decided I shouldn't toy around with bending and lubricants until I ruled out bad pachinko balls and it seems to have worked out for me. The chutes at the top of the reserve must be overly sensitive to the slight bit of friction the older balls were causing. Finally having new ones to compare them too made me realize just how gritty they still were despite cleaning.

26. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to TheRaz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the best thing for a vintage machine is to play it play it play it.. keeping those parts moving keeps them from collecting dirt and getting stuck

28. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    the best thing for a vintage machine is to play it play it play it.. keeping those parts moving keeps them from collecting dirt and getting stuck
    I don't think this will be an issue. My 5 yr old daughter has dubbed herself, "The Pachinko Master!"

She hit so many jackpots the other day I had to pat her down for magnets!

Down side is that I can't bring myself to work on it because both the kids like it so much. Still needs a deep clean in a few places and, of course, it needs rewired. :/

30. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to TheRaz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Time to buy another machine!

32. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Time to buy another machine!
    I convinced the wife to let me have 3 at a time. One single shot vintage, One multi-shot vintage, and one modern. So I'm in the market for a modern, but I got beat to a cheap local one by another member. Lucky guy!

Not sure I'm willing to put a lot of money in a modern, though. The Akimono starter kit seems interesting, but I don't like the idea of not knowing what I'll get. I know for sure I'll be the guy that gets "Princess Unicorn's Rainbow Ride To Candytown!" or what have you.

I'm also still pretty green when it comes to this stuff, but I'm keeping my eyes open.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

spend a few bucks more and pick what you want at their site

Akimono
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

35. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    spend a few bucks more...

I'm not sure if you're exploiting the sickness I already have, or trying to infect me with an entirely new one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast