Thread: Brought the National home today!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Brought the National home today!!!

Excited to have another machine in the house tonight!

Have a couple funny (to me) stories though.
    #1 - While talking with the seller, she quickly admitted that she had no clue as to what its history was. She said she was holding it as collateral against a utility payment she made for someone (I didn't ask) because it was all they could offer her. So, I have a new pachinko because someone skipped out on their Water/Gas/Electric bill... probably more sad than funny now that I think about it.

#2 - I opened the door to test all the pockets and dropped a ball in the top of the center feature. To my surprise, I heard a very sudden metallic TING!
    It was not a bell ringing..._MG_4279.jpg

I fished out the ball and took a peak..._MG_4280.jpg

...And found a dime! _MG_4281.jpg Day one and I'm already making money!

I've already dubbed this machine "The Kooky Kabuki" because of the Kabuki masks and fans in the center feature, and the way the eyes rock back and forth when you land a ball in them(if it has another name, cool. But I like this one. ). I really like the gameplay on this one. A shot in either eye will open the tulip on that side of the cell, and a shot in the very center of the feature resets the eyes and goes to the three stage tulip directly below. The machine is fairly dirty, but the good news is that the spinners and pockets seem in good shape and there is very little paint issues. Some re-foiling would do wonders though. The pockets are all put on with screws and some are corroded. Hopefully I can find some replacements. The really good news is that the track cover IS there (Unless one goes on the top track as well), and the mechanics are 100% operational. The electrical... not so much. A big chunk of wire is missing in one spot and there are a couple places where another was cut. However, that is a ways down the road. Time to clean! More pics below.

_MG_4276.jpg_MG_4277.jpg_MG_4282.jpg_MG_4283.jpg_MG_4284.jpg_MG_4285.jpg

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to TheRaz