Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First older pachinko. Nishijin step hop jump?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default First older pachinko. Nishijin step hop jump?

So I'm not sure if this is technically a "vintage" machine. The Year and name are unknown. It has some electronic controls on the back, but still mostly mechanical payout/ball management. I'm guessing this is an 80's or early 90s machine.

I have several questions:

1- what is the model and name of this machine?

2- The transformer does not have a US plug on the back, just 2 wires coming from the transformer.
    Should I assume this is a Japanese transformer? and if so do I need to switch it out? +what style transformer would I need?

3- just as the balls in the payout track reach the payout "see-saw" there is a plastic cover that would snap in that is broken allowing balls to fall out. Are these easily obtainable?

4- the play field is a little grimy and I'm seeing some spots that I hope aren't mold.
    what kind of cleaner is best for the playfield?

i know a lot of these questions are probably simple but I'm new to these machines and I just want to get playing because this thing looks cool!

thanks everybody
    -Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following user says "Thanks" to zero06

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: First older pachinko. Nishijin step hop jump?

you have an early mordern machine..

name ???

the transformer looks right to me.. i wonder why the plg was cut?? I would unhook the green wires.. put a new plg one the cut wires and plug it in.. test the out put and make sure its something really close to 24volts.. if so your good

if not something liks this should work

Power Transformers 24ct VAC / 4 Amps: Amazon.com: Industrial Scientific
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: First older pachinko. Nishijin step hop jump?

Hello

I have moved your thread to the 'Modern Pachinko' section of the forums and also put a couple of your pics the right way up for you,

hopefully someone can recognise it, although if there is a sticker / label (on back?) with the name in Japanese then someone may be able to translate for you?

1.jpg2.jpg
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm terrible at identifying early modern and modern machines. However sometimes I remember seeing things! Hanemono for Shark!! I never dug to find the thread because I was sure someone would have posted it quicker! Hope this helps!

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Plus in the thread that MrGneiss started, there is a link from Drunkenclam that has a 6 minute YouTube video!

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by zero06 View Post
    1- what is the model and name of this machine?
    2- The transformer does not have a US plug on the back, just 2 wires coming from the transformer.
    Should I assume this is a Japanese transformer? and if so do I need to switch it out? +what style transformer would I need?
    3- just as the balls in the payout track reach the payout "see-saw" there is a plastic cover that would snap in that is broken allowing balls to fall out. Are these easily obtainable?
    4- the play field is a little grimy and I'm seeing some spots that I hope aren't mold.
    what kind of cleaner is best for the playfield?
    1. Don't know name; it is a Nishijin, early modern, hanemono.
    2. Easy enough to test. Unhook two wires that are hooked up. Hook up plug to 2 black wires. Hook up extension cord to plug in case it explodes. Plug in extension cord from a safe distance.
    If you don't blow a fuse or hear a loud buzz, check voltage on two output wires that are now unplugged and not touching each other; it would be more than 24V AC with no load. Maybe as much as 36V AC with no load.
    3. It looks like a part is missing, it's difficult to tell. Can you remove the yellow plastic piece and take a close up picture? The pachinko balls should not fall out at that location.
    4. I use Q tips and window cleaner. Water stains won't clean up. Again, difficult to see in your pictures. But try and if it doesn't work, there's not much else to do. (as far as cell cleaning)

12. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Best of luck on getting it running,
    that's a hanemono style machine,where the center feature will open briefly when getting a ball/s into the numbered pockets below
    if it goes into a 1 pocket,the center will quickly open once and you'll hear a tone or music,
    the number 2 pocket quickly opens it twice in a row and you'll usually hear a more intricate tone or music

at those open times, hopefully a ball/s will enter the center feature and make its way toward the "V" pocket

if successful, you'll start the jackpot round at which point you'll try to get the "V" pocket again in order to enter the next round, there are usually 15 rounds possible

some machines will sound an alarm if your not successful during the jackpot, (this is called a puncture or punk,if I remember correctly ( sure miss candyflips site). You have unplug the machine a restart it at that point
    but I think Sankyos are more apt to do that ,as opposed to Nishijins so you should be alright there,It would just go back to idle mode
    DMinor アルファマイナー Coo coo for kenrimonos!

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to alphaminor

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Love that machine! Been tempted to try and find one.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by alphaminor View Post
    Best of luck on getting it running,
    that's a hanemono style machine,where the center feature will open briefly when getting a ball/s into the numbered pockets below
    if it goes into a 1 pocket,the center will quickly open once and you'll hear a tone or music,
    the number 2 pocket quickly opens it twice in a row and you'll usually hear a more intricate tone or music

at those open times, hopefully a ball/s will enter the center feature and make its way toward the "V" pocket

if successful, you'll start the jackpot round at which point you'll try to get the "V" pocket again in order to enter the next round, there are usually 15 rounds possible

some machines will sound an alarm if your not successful during the jackpot, (this is called a puncture or punk,if I remember correctly ( sure miss candyflips site). You have unplug the machine a restart it at that point
    but I think Sankyos are more apt to do that ,as opposed to Nishijins so you should be alright there,It would just go back to idle mode
    Watching the video...I was looking for the "wings", all I could see was a door that opened. I thought hanemono translated to "wing type", if I remember from reading "WINNING PACHINKO" As I am recalling from memory...I think that is the name of the book. Can a hanemono have a door instead of wings? I think the "wings are more appealing than a door. But that is just my opinion.
    By the way...who has the "winning pachinko" box of goodies now? I haven't heard about it in some time. Maybe it is in a forum that has to be searched to read it...and not just "pop up" in new posts. I noticed that arrangeball posts are like that.
    Last edited by pachiwall; 07-18-2014 at 12:51 AM.

17. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Maybe it is in a forum that has to be searched to read it...and not just "pop up" in new posts. I noticed that arrangeball posts are like that.
    please explain??
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for all the help guys, I happen to have a 120v - 24v transformer laying around I'll be testing it this weekend!

as far as the plastic piece it is snapped in half, it is right by where the payout balls are metered, when the new balls come in they are exiting out the back of the case instead of staying in place for the next payout. worst case senario I could use an index card or something temporarily till I find a replacement.

I chose to buy this one both for the mechanical means of winning the jackpot and the door. I have a vicky chance revolution machine also which has the wing action and an electronic jackpot. The vicky chance is fun but has a very low payout unless you hit jackpot I think this game will be a nice addon and give more variety.
    I am going to make cases with built in ball lifters and use an arduino with pachislo parts to make them coin op I'll be making a build thread on that.
    I am also hoping to get an arrange ball to finish my collection.

20. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to zero06

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default First older pachinko. Nishijin step hop jump?

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Watching the video...I was looking for the "wings", all I could see was a door that opened. I thought hanemono translated to "wing type", if I remember from reading "WINNING PACHINKO" As I am recalling from memory...I think that is the name of the book. Can a hanemono have a door instead of wings? I think the "wings are more appealing than a door.
    The door is unusual, first time I've seen one like that pachiwall
    Like you,I prefer the wings as well, which (I think) are called "wings" because the very first hanemono used an airplane for the center feature and the flippers were the planes wings (missing Jon's site again)
    Or it could be from "Winning Pachinko"
    Time for a re-read

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for all the help guys, I happen to have a 120v - 24v transformer laying around I'll be testing it this weekend!

as far as the plastic piece it is snapped in half, it is right by where the payout balls are metered, when the new balls come in they are exiting out the back of the case instead of staying in place for the next payout. worst case senario I could use an index card or something temporarily till I find a replacement.

I chose to buy this one both for the mechanical means of winning the jackpot and the door. I have a vicky chance revolution machine also which has the wing action and an electronic jackpot. The vicky chance is fun but has a very low payout unless you hit jackpot I think this game will be a nice addon and give more variety.
    I am going to make cases with built in ball lifters and use an arduino with pachislo parts to make them coin op I'll be making a build thread on that.
    I am also hoping to get an arrange ball to finish my collection.
    Looking foward to seeing if it runs, that machine has a great center feature with the sharks!
    And best of luck on your endeavors and on finding an arrange ball ( although you might have to fight off a few other members with a stick to acquire one)

Also, welcome to PachiTalk!!!
    Last edited by alphaminor; 07-18-2014 at 10:49 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As far as the plastic piece it is snapped in half, it is right by where the payout balls are metered, when the new balls come in they are exiting out the back of the case instead of staying in place for the next payout. worst case senario I could use an index card or something temporarily till I find a replacement.
    Take a pic of the broken area, and the remaining loose piece. Making a satisfactory repair is often easier than finding another part! Everybody has their favorite glue or epoxy...my favorite is made by VersaChem and called Plastic Welder.finally 002.jpg Seems to be available at all car parts stores...probably Wall Mart as well. Of course it is made in USA instead of China...so maybe Wall Mart don't carry it after all! The 1st time I used it on a pachinko machine, I wasn't sure of its strength, so I reinforced it with 12 gauge copper wire.007.jpg008.jpg009.jpgAs I later discovered, the wire was totally unnecessary! I have thought of digging it out with a Dremel tool, but too much work, and too much risk of more damage. I sanded it to shape, then used progressively finer grits of sandpaper, then finally plastic polish for a very smooth and shiny finish. The repair on a ball tray was small, but still worried about strength. cannibal 003.jpg Relocated the position on a Nishijin hopper by removing plastic and adding Plexiglass. Layered on more, and added layers to the bottom for strength.cannibal 008.jpg The Plexiglass made a ridge, so the additional top layers were to make a ramp for balls to flow. I sanded and polished as well. The bottom layers were for strength.test tray 012.jpg Final test...finished tray 015.jpg Full of balls and no issues! You can see from the shooter tray that missing plastic can be filled. After epoxy dried (about 30 minutes) on the pieces and holes were present, I used masking tape as a backer to cover the holes on 1 side and used epoxy as a filler. Sand and fill low spots as necessary. This part looked unrepairable. 2 FROM COLUMBUS 022.jpg
    Last edited by pachiwall; 07-18-2014 at 01:36 PM.

24. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That repair was trickier, and I had to break it again to repair my repair when the screw hole didn't line up. This time masking tape was used as a form, and to keep from gluing the cover to the machine.epoxy 003.jpgepoxy...parts machine 001.jpgepoxy...parts machine 003.jpgepoxy...parts machine 004.jpg Of course LOTS of sanding! epoxy...parts machine 016.jpg NOT YET 002.jpgNOT YET 001.jpg Not quite good enough, so back to the sandpaper! finally 004.jpg Finally! The pencil marks on the pink part is test fit boundaries showing me where contact was and more sanding needed between the lines. I don't know how much time I spent on that repair...but it took awhile, and a good amount of work, but I am very happy with the results! Not a perfect fit, but good enough.
    Post some pics of your broken parts...I am sure it is an easier fix than this part was.
    Last edited by pachiwall; 07-18-2014 at 02:07 PM.

26. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    please explain??
    The "winning Pachinko thread"
    Winning Pachinko I had not seen it in awhile, so after that post...I searched it. It is in "FORUMS, select SOAP BOX, followed by THESE ARE THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES" and it is right there as a sticky! I guess since most of what is posted there is not pachinko related, it does not get posted in "NEW POSTS". I noticed that arrangeball threads are the same way. If you want to read about arrangeball machines...you have to go to the arrangeball forum. I tested the theory by adding a post to "winning pachinko" and it don't pop up on the 1st screen, or the new posts screen. I know it was programed that way, and it's cool. I was just thinking out loud in that post.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's odd, all posts come up for me when I click 'unread posts' on top right of forums

its how I read / check posts

wonder why it's not working for you?

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

29. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This must be the broken part you are talking about. Since you have the other half, it should be very easy to repair! Even if the part was missing, a piece of Plexiglass could be epoxied to the original. With sanding and fitting, could be made to work...although not very pretty! Yours should turn out JUST FINE!

31. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah the other half is gone, I only found a few yellow splinters in the box it was shipped in. And not enough to put together the whole thing. I've done plastic fusion before but I have no idea what type plastic this is. I'll have to look into it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah the other half is gone, I only found a few yellow splinters in the box it was shipped in. And not enough to put together the whole thing. I've done plastic fusion before but I have no idea what type plastic this is. I'll have to look into it.
    Can you take off the yellow piece and take a picture? Still looks to me like the part is missing that holds all the reward pachinko balls.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast