Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: First older pachinko. Nishijin step hop jump?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: First older pachinko. Nishijin step hop jump?

Is there a solid red light on inside the computer board? When running? Does my video give away anything obvious?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No red light is visible on mine
    DMinor アルファマイナー Coo coo for kenrimonos!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can't tell anything from your video except I've never heard that sound coming out of one of those style machine

And, Unfortunantly I'm not much help with the computer boards themselves

but I would think you need to start with checking connections first,
    than if that doesn't work and if you have electronic know how you would start testing the board(s) with a multimeter in order to find out where its malfunctioning

but,like I said earlier, I'm am far from an expert with the electrical components
    DMinor アルファマイナー Coo coo for kenrimonos!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've never touched one of these machines in my life, but I have a lot of electronics experience, and this is how I would proceed if handed any machine with no schematics or other info: (I'm assuming you can work a meter and know some electronics).

A good visual inspection is always first out. Look for broken wires, burned marks on boards, components, and connectors, bad solder joints caused by heat cycling, bad solder joints caused by bad technicians (aka "pecker tracks"). Feel for components getting hot, especially chips. But be forewarned, a bad computer chip will get hot enough to burn you.

After you're sure everything looks good, measure the AC output of the transformer without having it hooked to the machine. As CarlW said, the 24 VAC transformer might read as higher than 24, that's ok. Then hook it to the machine, power it all up and check again. If the voltage reads low, say 20 or less, and the transformer is getting hot, it is not able to provide the current the machine is asking of it. Either the transformer is too small, or there is something in the machine drawing too much current.

If the AC voltage is ok, I would look for a rectifier and filter capacitor close to where the transformer wires enter the board. The rectifier will turn the AC to DC, and the capacitor will filter it. If you read across the filter cap, you should read 1.4 times the AC voltage in DC. 24 VAC will filter out to around 35 volts. The computer will require a regulated power supply, probably 5 volts. You may see a 3 leg transistor looking device with the number "7805" on it. That would be a 5 volt regulator. After that, there will be another, smaller filter capacitor. You should measure 5 volts across it.

I know this is a little like drinking out of a fire hose...a little more than you can take in all at once, but this is where I would start. The thing isn't going to do anything without clean power, especially since there is a computer involved. And if you can get me some good, close up pics of the boards, I'm might be able to see something, or give you an idea of where to measure.

HTH's
    pachinkoparts.com - Home Page
    Definition: Racecar-a device that turns money into noise.

5. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to browne92

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3