Thread: GATCHAMAN Pachinko Machine SAMMY Question for 2005 Version from New Member...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question GATCHAMAN Pachinko Machine (SAMMY) Question for 2005 Version from New Member...

Hello everyone,

This is my first posting to PachiTalk since I'm a new member and while I have not been collecting Pachinko Machines very long, I "HAVE" been a so-called mover & shaker for many years in the hobbies relating to Original Comic Book Art & Comic Books, Vintage Movie Posters, and Old Toys as well just in case any members also collect this stuff too

As a new member, please do not be surprised if I end-up asking some questions to more familiarize myself with the inner-workings of the Pachinko/Pachislo collecting hobbies so I hope that you will all be somewhat patient & understanding with me if some of my questions may seem a bit basic and rudimentary

I have wanted to buy a GATCHAMAN Pachinko Machine for quite some time and I only learned recently that SAMMY actually produced 3-Different Variations of the GATCHAMAN Pachinko Machine over the past decade or so.

Based on what I discovered on the SAMMY website, they produced one in 2002, 2006, and the most recent version in 2010.

Anyway, I have an opportunity to buy a GATCHAMAN Pachinko Machine from 2006 and I am hoping that some members of PachiTalk would be willing and able to tell me if they think the playing field on this GATCHAMAN Pachinko Machine appears to be somewhat faded?

I have attached some images of this specific GATCHAMAN Pachinko Machine (2006) for everyone's review and consideration.

I was carefully looking at the images I was originally sent and I was comparing them with some images I found online on the Japanese SAMMY website and the images on the site appear much more bright and vibrant than the actual images of the GATCHAMAN Pachinko Machine I was sent.

Here are the 2-SAMMY direct hot-links for everyone's review:

1)
    ƒXƒyƒbƒN

2) CRƒKƒbƒ`ƒƒƒ}ƒ“

This is what I was specifically told by the person offering me this actual GATCHAMAN Pachinko Machine (2006):

“I think that the playfield actually has pretty good color, it would probably look better lit up though. I think the difference is mostly the lighting and that the machine has a crθme colored frame instead of a bright white one. The cell of the machine does not look faded to me and of course, they do brighten up the photos so they don't look exactly the same.”

So, what does everyone think as all of your input is certainly welcomed?

Do any of you know how uncommon this specific GATCHAMAN Pachinko Machine (2006) actually is
    ?

What is a fair price for this
    GATCHAMAN Pachinko Machine (2006)as well?

I would also be interested to know if any PachiTalk members know the whereabouts of the "2002" & "2010" GATCHAMAN Pachinko Machines?

Many thanks to all members for reading my first posting and I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts and opinions

All my best,
    Keif
    GATCHAMAN Pachinko Machine (SAMMY) (2006)--#2.jpgGATCHAMAN Pachinko Machine (SAMMY) (2006)--#1.jpgGATCHAMAN Pachinko Machine (SAMMY) (2006)--#3.jpg

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to DJKeifer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: GATCHAMAN Pachinko Machine (SAMMY) Question for 2005 Version from New Member

Welcome!

I'm fairly new myself, so I can't offer much on the bulk of your questions. However, as a photo/video guy, I can tell you that the flash from his camera is definitely blowing out the colors in those pics. But that doesn't mean there might not be fading. If you feel like you need a better look, ask him to take new pics in a better lit area (outside can work too) with no flash.

The second link you posted is a marketing style pic, so it is definitely touched up and saturated to make colors pop. The first link is more true to life colors, and I think the machine will look pretty close to that in better lit pics.

Just my guess, though. Hope that helps.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: GATCHAMAN Pachinko Machine (SAMMY) Question for 2005 Version from New Member

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello

Sorry can't help with the Gatchaman questions, never seen one in real life but hopefully other members can offer some advice.

But I can Welcome you to PachiTalk!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead