Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My first Pachinko - Help with ID.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My first Pachinko - Help with ID.

those sir are water stains... the only way to get rid of them is to replace the cell...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Clean everything as best you can...or good enough for you, and play it. As mentioned, they are water stains. Water seeps past the laminate at the base of the nails. It is avoidable if not there, but once water stained, it is there until you get up the nerve to replace the cell (background). It won't affect game play, or peel off...it will just annoy you! It don't really look that bad in pics, but always looks worse in person. I have only done one cell replacement. It is a BIG job. But there was no way out. The peeling and split laminate was hindering ball flow. I have another in just as bad condition that I will do a cell replacement on, because it HAS to be done!singleball 015.jpgsingleball 010.jpgsingle ball spiderman 004.jpgsingle ball spiderman 003.jpgsingle ball spiderman 001.jpg The member cardwwi took my pics and duplicated the cell for me. I bought one from him from his website Pachinko Restorations - Home and will do it someday. I also got a background from Rival at his website Pachinko Planet, Antique and Vintage Pachinko Machines for a machine that was BADLY water stained. I have machines with water staining like yours, it is not worth my time to replace the cell. If you do decide to replace it...we are here to give advise!

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Pachiwall.
    I finished my q-tip barrage on the cell and disassembled the playfield door and metal trim to give it a good steel wool scrub. It cleaned up nice, besides the staining, but there is a lot of pitting in the trim and door. I have no experience re-chroming anything, so any advice on doing or faking that would be appreciated. I'm going to take a short break and then tackle polishing the brass pins, then replace the plexiglass with real glass. I think those two jobs will really make it seem cleaner since the pins are pretty tarnished and my plexi is scratched up.

I actually found cardwwi and his sight before I found pachitalk. He is located in Tulsa, OK which is about 2 hours away from me. If I have anything done to it, he will most likely be involved. His reprints/restorations of backgrounds look great.

I agree, my water stains are so-so and UV fading is pretty yellow, but I can't justify a full restore right now. Not on a fully functioning(minus the lights ) machine.

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to TheRaz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2