Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: arrange ball arrived ... : ... not in a good way.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: arrange ball arrived ... :( ... not in a good way.

I've received pachis from UPS that I swear were transported by being chained to the rear bumper and dragged.
    A Hardy har har...

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Meathead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you aren't kidding brotha...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

any general two part epoxy will work. and i generally will shred my cloth rather than cutting into strips. but for this application a couple strips would be a better bet. and if there is no electrical contacts near the cracks i would put a small piece of light metal on each side to serve as a splint. it will take the pressure off of the epoxy. i would use a small piece of chimney flashing that you can get at a lowe's or home depot for like 79 cents. i keep a piece around here for a dozen different applications. a layer of epoxy a small piece of flashing then the cloth over top. might be overkill but i guarantee it will not flex or break at the spot again!

AG
    RUDY WAS OFFSIDE

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ANGRY GARY

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it's a little more than a crack, the piece is split in two and the only reason it's staying together is the wires soldiered to the pins on the underside of that section..
    I believe Sullins is sending me a sample of the card edge extender they make and I will attempt to use some of the stiff wire from some diodes to bridge the traces across the broken board as well as utilize some epoxy to glue the pieces together. I may even go as far as to box the board assembly in a prototype box for further protection. I'll get some pics together once i get the time to actually start poking at them machine (hopefully this weekend)

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Phulkrum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Folks,

Update for you here. I just have setup shop to start working on this project in the garage and have started work on repairing the cab. I will be starting a restoration thread soon! I have already been taking Pictures with my phone so I'll get this started soon!!!

Cheers!

9. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Phulkrum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If possible, I will not ship with UPS. F them.

You did not hear the following from me:
    If you are able to have UPS come inspect the package, before they arrive, acquire a lot more packing material, bubble wrap, styrofoam peanuts, foam rubber, whatever, than was originally in the package, and mix with what was in the package. This can persuade the inspector in your favor.

Unethical? Yep. But then, shirking responsibility, misleading the customer, and not paying a claim when they were definitely in the wrong, is also unethical.
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

11. The following user says "Thanks" to heima

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think the main problem is that UPS does not make the public aware that the "declared value fee" is NOT insurance in the interest of making money. People assume it is and think they're covered. Its a great moneymaker for UPS and every week probably hundreds of people find out the hard and expensive way that it isn't insurance. Having said that, if a package is packed poorly how can UPS be responsible for damage because of that? I'm not taking up for the company but that's the other side of the coin. People just need to have the understanding that shipping is risky with sensitive items and pack accordingly or do what I do and have UPS do the packing whether the seller pays for that themselves as I so or charge the buyer. Its just how it is. Even if I had an extensive supply of UPS approved supplies, I'd still have them do the packing to avoid the hassle. In regards to adding packing after the fact, what if a person removes packing material to make it look like the seller's subpar packing is responsible? They may not want to take the chance that UPS will pay for the damages and start a PayPal case against the seller in which case, the buyer will likely win as both PayPal and eBay are definitely biased toward the buyer.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

13. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When ever I ship Anything through the mail or transport company one Mantra I go by " Make it Godzilla Proof " using crumpled news papers butcher paper paper crumpled properly and give enough space around the item ( I do at least 6" top , bottom and all four sides ) and use a moving company Double Wall Wardrobe moving box ( Cut to proper size including 6" all around paper cushion ) that is being shipped and bubble wrap any Fragile parts
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

15. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2