Thread: My first vintage :

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My first vintage :)

100_0110.jpg100_0112.jpg100_0115.jpghello i'm new to the forum have machine that belonged to my father am trying to restore its older than i am was wondering if any anyone could help me by letting me know what model i have the bumper on the inside is pretty corroded was wondering how to pry off the cover with out breaking the plastic around it also was wondering about lighting, the bulbs inside still work but am replacing them with some 6 vlt leds i ordered off ebay was wondering if would be okay to run them off a 9.7 volt rechargeable rc car battery

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to hhmalone3

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My first vintage :)

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

4. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome

It looks like a 1975 Nishijin model 4200 AKA model-B, to remove the bounce back bumper I hold it with my fingers and pull slowly rocking a little until I can get something under the nail heads like a putty knife to pry them out slowly. I not sure if the 6 volt LEDs can take the 9 volt, I get my power supplies at Goodwill, salvation army, or any thrift store around town you can find any voltage and they only cost two or three dollars, or go to Radio Shack and get some battery holders.

Last edited by cardwwi; 05-01-2014 at 05:45 AM.
    Unless you try to be more than you are, what you are is all you will ever be.
    http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to cardwwi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i recently finished a restore of this very same cell pattern.

9.jpg2.jpg

Holler if you are going to do a complete tear down and cell replacement and I can get you a copy of the file I used to reproduce the cell.

Welcome to PachiTalk

8. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to DaveCapps

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

had a few more questions to ask 1.under the fliper lever tension spring were 2 rollers that seem to be made of polyurethane one completely broke when i was trying to get the balls out of the machine that had been in there for over 30 years the one that's left looks like its coated in a baby powder what would be a suitable replacement for these and are they a necessity.100_0116.jpg100_0117.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

2. this part was totally in the wrong place and was under a screw and pointing this direction had to straighten it out a little by hand and looking at pictures on the net and looking at the way the plastic pieces are molded my guess was that it went up thru that slot it seems to be free floating under the jackpot pay out lever is that correct or is it supposed to be connected to it.100_0119.jpg100_0118.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if i was going to paint the pieces on the inside like the spinners what would be the best paint to use i was thinking testors model paint but should i use acrylic paint or enamel paint.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Those rollers aren't absolutely necessary unless they guide the spring around some part so there's no contact.
    For painting, I like both enamel and acrylic. For the spinners go with enamel and thoroughly clean the spinners before painting. I'd strip off the old paint, prime and repaint. Since balls hit the spinners you need a durable finish.
    For the other plastic parts its much easier to remove them from the machine. If you don't, lay the machine on its back and the raised borders that surround each color in a given piece make repainting easy in most cases.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hhmalone3 View Post
    2. this part was totally in the wrong place and was under a screw and pointing this direction had to straighten it out a little by hand and looking at pictures on the net and looking at the way the plastic pieces are molded my guess was that it went up thru that slot it seems to be free floating under the jackpot pay out lever is that correct or is it supposed to be connected to it.100_0119.jpg100_0118.jpg
    connected to nothing.. the action of the balls falling onto a paddle push it down..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

17. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

First off to Pachitalk!

Looks like you have and Early 1975 Nishijin Model B (Rising Sun).

The rollers in post #6: The front one is really needed but the other one towards the back isn't as heavily needed. Also the white powder I think is just from the composition of the rubber. It isn't baby powder or the like, it wasn't put there purposefully. If you need a set of rollers I might have some that I casted.(I'll have to check) Send me a PM if you need them.

Post #7: yes you put that back in the right spot.

Repainting the spinners: I use enamel on them. Also when installing them you have to point them down slightly. That way the balls have a less likely chance of hitting the edge of them. (trust me I have had the edges chip off on freshly painted ones because I put them back at the wrong angle.)

If you have any other questions just ask. And once again Welcome to PT!

-Max

100 machines and counting...

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

got my led bulbs i ordered off ebay in today they work in the machine with a 9 volt and they also work with my rc car battery cleaned the contacts points on the machines with a tattoo gun contact point file and they seem to work but the jackpot light stays on at all times ,one light i know is supposed to stay on at all times the tray empty light works when the points connect not sure if the bottom or top light is supposed to be a jackpot light can anyone point me towards a diagram for the 3 lights

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I use acrylic paints for spinners. If I stopped there, they would chip away in just a few hours of playing. But I also hit them with a coat of high-gloss polyurethane sealer. It is darned near indestructible. You will never have to worry about chipping from balls with that stuff.

Minwax 33050 11 5 oz Aerosol Gloss Polyurethane Finish

22. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the low jackpot light will stay one when you out of balls in the top hopper the jackpot light should blink on for a second to so then back off with each payout cycle..

post a new picture of the back of your machine.. in the pic above your machine is stuck mid cycle.. of its still stuck then the jackpot light will be in the on position..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hhmalone3 View Post
    got my led bulbs i ordered off ebay in today they work in the machine with a 9 volt and they also work with my rc car battery cleaned the contacts points on the machines with a tattoo gun contact point file and they seem to work but the jackpot light stays on at all times ,one light i know is supposed to stay on at all times the tray empty light works when the points connect not sure if the bottom or top light is supposed to be a jackpot light can anyone point me towards a diagram for the 3 lights
    Ask and ye shall receive.

http://pachinkoboy.com/images/manual...%20diagram.jpg

100 machines and counting...

25. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman