Thread: Set Up At The Flea Market Saturday

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Set Up At The Flea Market Saturday

i did a test run saturday and set up at a local flea market. it is a pretty large outdoor market. i had 4 or 5 tables of antique items and the like and i set up a table with three pachinkos. i had mentioned this in another thread a month or so ago. i was the only person there and could not focus most of my attention to the machines. and i had to watch the other tables for the most part.however i was able to sell two machines on the spot. have someone who is doing a tiki bar thing and wanted a wall mount machine. i did not have one with me but said i had one at home. they are coming by later in the week to check it out! so two confirmed, one probable and had someone drop off sunday a 1963 kotobuki single shot machine similar to the one i picked up last fall and traded to card shark. they just want it cleaned up and tuned up. it has a clean cell and has the majority of the parts. however i have a question on some of the linkage on the top of the machine where the lever for the low ball in the reservoir is located. i cannot figure out how it is supposed to work. i am currently at work and will post a picture or three when i get home. also the is an area on the front above the launcher. it is missing a cover or ball guide or something. i will need to see a picture of it to figure out what i am missing. it is where a lever above the shooter that apparently raises a ball and drops it onto the launch rail.

AG

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to ANGRY GARY

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Set Up At The Flea Market Saturday

doing a quick search i found the picture of the kotobuki i picked up last year. the front piece i am missing is the clear pink cover just above the ball launcher. i know this is a big shot in the dark but does anyone have one? and what exactly does the whole mechanism do?
    thanks,
    AG

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds like you did pretty well.

I'd need you to post a pic in order to help. But anything 50's single shot you will most likely have to make yourself.

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't know what it is really called...but sounds like you are talking about what I call the "jackpot reserve chamber". When more than one ball hits a pocket, the extra ball is directed into a chamber.Heiwa KOGYO.K.K 002.jpg single ball spiderman 007.jpgThese two are on the front side of the cell. Most of the ones I've seen are on the back side of the cell.Ginza 004.jpgNOJP 010.jpg After the payout cycle from the 1st JP ball is done, you push the button, or twist the linkage etc., and an elevator lifts the ball from the chamber up and drops it in front of the seesaw to start the jackpot cycle for however many balls stored there. it is an odd mechanism, because on my 2 Ginza machines, there is no way into the chamber. (but there were 2 VERY OLD balls in there...for looks?) On the Ginza, if the seesaw is down, the ball falls into a cup, then rolls around the seesaw and is returned to the winning tray.001.jpg002.jpg Comicgo, is very similar to Ginza in all respects except this area. It has balls go into the chamber, but has no method of lifting them to the seesaw, except from an attendant...behind the machine.Comicgo 010.jpgComicgo 011.jpg All the elevator systems seem different, from simplistic, to overly complicated.New Prince 016.jpg This one is a bit complicated on my New Prince machine. Oddly, it is one of the few that function 100%. I use it as a ball loan system. I put the seesaw in the wrong position, then drop 5 balls into a pocket. They all go to the chamber. I reset the seesaw, and am ready to play. When I run out of balls, I push the button, and the machine pays me 15 more balls to play.

6. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thanks for the tutorial! I will try to fabricate something.

and the other question about the back of the machine is something i figured out by sitting and staring for a bit..

AG

8. The following user says "Thanks" to ANGRY GARY

Thanks
    Thanks Received

DSC03229.jpgDSC03226.jpgi made a piece for the jackpot reserve chamber. i do not have the ability to form plastics so i made one out of some thin tin, painted and clear coated it. it serves the function and doesn't look all that bad.
    here is the machine after i cleaned and tuned it up .hopefully the people will be happy with it!

AG

10. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to ANGRY GARY

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Congrats on the sale and congrats on the fabrication, looks good!
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

12. The following user says "Thanks" to heima

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks good.

Though that machine has a lot of pink on it. Wouldn't be my first choice but a nice looking single shot.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i was torn between the pink and a light blue that matched the other parts.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Aw c'mon guys, whats wrong with pink and blue. They're a beautiful combination...

For a bikini.
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

they picked up the machine this morning and i explained to them about having to fabricate the part. the wife complimented me on the color choice!! she said it matched the other pinks in the machine very well!!

so chalk one up for the ol' guy!!

AG

17. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to ANGRY GARY

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by heima View Post
    For a bikini.
    Hit it on the head.

Posted using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice fabrication! Not a fan of the pink myself...but with the color combination of the cell, it was the obvious choice! The blue at the holes, made it pink for sure! I like the open top construction, and the folded edge! That was a nice touch! The open top necessary to see if any reserved jackpots available. Were you able to make the jackpot reserve function?

20. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes it functions just fine. i found the connecting rod through the machine was slightly bent as was the the metal ball chute in the back that fed the extra balls to the front. straightened both and it works great! the folded edge was a necessity because it wanted to "ripple" some. the folded edge gave it the rigidness it needed. actually the folded edge is on the inside. what you see is a gold stripe i applied with a gold paint marker.
    i should have taken a picture of it full of balls. it actually looked pretty cool.

AG
    Last edited by ANGRY GARY; 04-28-2014 at 09:20 AM.

22. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ANGRY GARY