Thread: What does this mean?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default What does this mean?

Someone came over to my house and was asking me...is this the 100 ball version or the 110? I had no idea what the guy was talking about, and then I found this ad:

Vintage gaming/pinball machine by Sankyo

"The machine comes with 100 original of the pachinko balls
    You could turn this into a 110 unit if you wish, but currently it is not. If it is turned into a 110 unit it would make music."

Think the guy is talking about voltage or balls? Am I missing something here!?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: What does this mean?

Make music? Not to be rude, but I don't think he know's what he's talking about. That or he's joking.
    pachinkoparts.com - Home Page
    Definition: Racecar-a device that turns money into noise.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to browne92

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Um, I think someone is a little confused. I think they mean, is this a 100 volt (Japan) or 110 volt (USA) version. I don't see anything on the back that would make music. Unless they somehow wired up a greeting card chip. And if that was the case, there would need to be either a battery or transformer to lower the voltage from 100 or 110. So I think the person that placed the ad meant to say:

"It comes with 100 balls."

and an entirely different topic:

"Though it is not set up for it, you could convert this unit to run off household current (the same as USA 110 VAC). If you were to do that, it would play music upon a payout."

Which is questionable because we do not see anything to play such music. Unless that music is the sound of exploding light bulbs, frying wires, and screaming players being shocked by the shooter lever.

Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

5. The following user says "Thanks" to heima

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The "You could turn this into a 110 unit if you wish, but currently it is not. If it is turned into a 110 unit it would make music." sentence does not make any sense, and should be ignored. The machine is like any other vintage, and runs on 10 volts. Looks complete, except missing the cover over the seesaw. Might try to bargain with the price a little...but it does have a cabinet built for it...so not unreasonable. Nice looking machine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by browne92 View Post
    Make music? Not to be rude, but I don't think he know's what he's talking about. That or he's joking.

But I do like the background artwork on it!
    Unless you try to be more than you are, what you are is all you will ever be.
    http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/