Thread: ball lifter electric help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default ball lifter electric help

Hi,

I just got a nishijin model b machine and both me and my daughter are really enjoying it. I am gone for several weeks at a time sometimes so I wanted to get a ball lifter so my daughter can play when I am not at home. They are really expensive on ebay but I managed to find one on yahoo japan for about $50 that I am importing. I have not received it yet, but from what I can tell, I will need to get some sort of adapter for the electric socket. Below are the pictures from the auction. If anybody has any advice about the part(s) I will need to get the electric work I would really appreciate it.

lifter1.jpglifter2.jpglifter3.jpg

2. The following user says "Thanks" to trclinkscales

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: ball lifter electric help

its ben a long while since i had mine out and working..

the good news is there plug and play.. nothing else needed..

with that being said in the 3rd pic there is a black rectangle switch that dose not look familiar to me??

others will be along shortly

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The black switch is meant to act like a door switch. So the lifter will not start if the frame is open. You might have to put a mains plug on it. As originally they were all connected in a long line with a special plug.
    Ian #UKPachinko

5. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The black switch is meant to act like a door switch. So the lifter will not start if the frame is open. You might have to put a mains plug on it. As originally they were all connected in a long line with a special plug.
    Ian #UKPachinko

7. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you can say that again
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

9. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If your daughter is too young to load balls, she probably has small hands and fingers. Additionally, children are very curious about new things. When this lifter is in operation, that sprocket wheel will be very interesting to her, because it moves the shiny balls. She needs to know that the wheel is very dangerous and will hurt her if she puts a finger in there. You might want to find a way to cover that up. Cardboard or something.
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

11. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to heima

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by heima View Post
    If your daughter is too young to load balls, she probably has small hands and fingers. Additionally, children are very curious about new things. When this lifter is in operation, that sprocket wheel will be very interesting to her, because it moves the shiny balls. She needs to know that the wheel is very dangerous and will hurt her if she puts a finger in there. You might want to find a way to cover that up. Cardboard or something.
    Wow thanks for that advice, I didnt think about that at all. I am planning on getting it set up against a wall with stuff covering the sides but I will have to be careful while I am still getting it set up in the garage. I think she will understand not to touch it but better safe then sorry.

The plug I am most concerned about is the one in the 3rd picture on the lower right side. I dont see a electrical plug in any of the pictures and I am not sure how that plug interfaces with the machine. I might just have to wait to receive it to figure out exactly what I need.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There will be 2 of those plugs. One male and one female. They have 4 pins on them. 2 for mains power and 2 for the solenoid to open the ball dump feature. These would connect in a long line rather than each lifter having its own mains plug. You would have to cut off the male plug and install a mains plug on two of the wires. (Don't know which ones though). I know some people when receiving their lifters remove the wires that aren't going to be used to tidy it up, it's a sensible idea or otherwise you will have a plug/socket with live wires on it.
    Ian #UKPachinko

14. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    There will be 2 of those plugs. One male and one female. They have 4 pins on them. 2 for mains power and 2 for the solenoid to open the ball dump feature. These would connect in a long line rather than each lifter having its own mains plug. You would have to cut off the male plug and install a mains plug on two of the wires. (Don't know which ones though). I know some people when receiving their lifters remove the wires that aren't going to be used to tidy it up, it's a sensible idea or otherwise you will have a plug/socket with live wires on it.

Thank you so much, I should be able to do that with just some experimentation on the different wires.

From the way it sounds, the ball dump feature is something the parlors would use but is not useful for home use.

I really do appreciate the quick and useful responses here, its been very helpful!

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to trclinkscales

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by trclinkscales View Post
    From the way it sounds, the ball dump feature is something the parlors would use but is not useful for home use.
    If you were to use it by accident, You would never want to use it again
    Ian #UKPachinko

18. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    If you were to use it by accident, You would never want to use it again
    Haha, when I was first figuring out the machine I forgot to lock the machine ball release lever when I loaded about 300 balls in the top of the machine. Im thinking I will probably be finding pachinko balls in my garage for the next couple years.

20. The following user says "Thanks" to trclinkscales

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

22. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just give the wiring and connections a good inspection since you'll be running 120VAC through it. Yours seems complete so you may not have to fix too much. Mine had the door switch removed and the wires were just twisted together and insulated with tape. The solenoid is wired separately so you shouldn't have to worry about it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I realize this is an older thread but I thought that my post fit into it well enough. Thank You everyone for the input

I finally found a cheap ball lifter but in very nasty condition. I spent a lot of time to clear out about 90% of the rust and cleaning up most of it so far to check its operation. The square riser tube was also very nasty. All works well as is and my test runs of balls are still clean. Sorry I didn't think about taking some before pictures until now.

BallLifterPlugs1.jpgBallLifterPlugs2.jpgBallLifterPlugs3.jpg

I was curious about the the large four wire harness on each end and the black pressure switch on the far left. Thanks to the earlier posts (thank you Drunkenclam ) I see that some parlors may have daisy chained lifters together via the wire harness off each end. Also that the pressure switch would act as a door switch disabling the ball lifter. The prior owner had already spliced a power cord into the harness on the right.

Out of curiosity has anyone tried sending power to the ball dump solenoid? If it is signaled thru the red and yellow wires on the four wire harness, do they only need to be shorted or would they need a power source? I'm only curious at this point and not sure when I would ever have a need to use that part electronically being that you can manually. I also see that removing some of the wire mass will also tidy it up a lot.

25. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think they are just wired to the solenoid, so would require its own power suply, If that is 100v or 24v. I have no idea.
    Ian #UKPachinko

27. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam