Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: CR Units

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: CR Units

Yes, the one I'm testing with is a 2.1

I have also now altered the code to 10ms pulse with a 10ms pause.
    Also the code has been fixed so eject and credit mode are accessed without a pause.
    Unforturatly I got called out and unable to test till later, probably tomorrow night.
    Ian #UKPachinko

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well had some time to test today, but something isn't right, It doesn't add credit, it just resets the credit value to what ever was set as the h-t-u value.
    Currently running in mode 5 Card Unit emulator. with return button.

So rather than adding credit, it just returns to the preset value, Not really what I wanted :-( I guess I'm in the wrong mode
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Not really what I wanted :-( I guess I'm in the wrong mode
    Yeah, wrong mode.

Modes 4 and 5 - Card unit emulation. When you press the return button (or external switch) it 'replaces' the virtual pre-paid card with a fresh one loaded with the value of 'h'-'t'-'u'.

You want mode 7 - Cash unit emulation, where each press of the button adds the credit set by 'h'-'t'-'u' (like inserting another coin).

Would also explain why one pulse adds the same credit as more than one pulse...

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, That did the trick. Got it set for 1 credit is 50 balls, 1 credit per press.

Next, to put it back in the casing and try it again.
    Ian #UKPachinko

7. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well here you go.

I want to have the circuit board redone so I can plug in an arduino nano unit.

I would like to add some sort of reset for both dongle and arduino. Some sort of free play might be good too.
    Ian #UKPachinko

9. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok OK .
    really old thread. But I've started this up again. Mostly due to external factors. and the fact my PC died taking with it all my circuit board designs (and all the corrections I did on it)

Using mostly the same design, Although I am swapping to a Arduino Nano board mounted on to the PCB.
    a 12v barrel jack socket. feed to a voltage regulator to supply the 12v and 5v required. I did put a bridge rectifer in as well. Although its a DC supply. the theory is that it shouldn't matter what way round the pins are on the power supply.

So far, included along with the voltage regulator are the shift registers for the dual 7 seg display, The 2 optocouplers to send the card information to the dongle. (Detector and Credit Add) The buttons on the front of the CR Unit are now going to be analog single rather than digital as this requires less inputs. I will do the same with the key switch on the front.
    I would like to have the following modes. (If I can get my head around it)

1) Free Play. - Pressing the machines left button releases 25 balls to the front tray. CR UNIT display counts balls released. Machine right button, resets the counter.
    2) Parlour. - Card reader functioning, Machine left button releases balls and right button ejects the card.
    3) Credit Add. - As above, but the 2 buttons on the front of the CR UNIT will add +1 or +5 credit to the smart card.
    4) Reset. - Will reset the Arduino and/or the Daverob Dongle. By using the buttons on the front of the CR UNIT.

This would mean switching some of the links from the machine to the Daverob Dongle. Which I will have to ask Daverob for assistance (PLEASE DAVE )

LH But, Pin 21
    RH But, Pin 22
    Trigger a loan release, Pin unknown
    Confimation of payout signal, Pin unknown
    Ball loan availible led, Pin 10
    Disconnecting power to the dongle, - Pin 1 and 25

CR Board.jpg
    Ian #UKPachinko

11. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Be watching this one

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I really want a dongle reset function. As it will be needed to change the dongle settings without having to remove the dongle from the CR Unit
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If I rememeber.
    Completeion of pay out is pin 12 EXS
    Request to payout is pin 23 BRQ
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If I rememeber.
    Completeion of pay out is pin 12 EXS
    Request to payout is pin 23 BRQ
    If you want to initiate a payout, then you need to connect to the loan button input pin (TDS) on the dongle's D connector (and isolate it from the loan button pin on the pachinko machines D connector). Connect it to ground momentarily and it will trigger a payout. If you want to add credit to the dongle, the EXT input on the expansion header is the best one to use.

I don't recommend connecting anything to BRQ (or BRDY) on the dongle, as the signals will be at 15v logic levels, and they shouldn't be needed by your circuit. If you interfere with either of these signals, the card reader interface will go into an error condition, and it is unlikely the dongle will be able to detect it and reset the interface, so you will have to wait for the pachinko to time out and reset the interface (typically 30s to 1m30s).

You can attach an input to EXS to monitor payout. It should go low when the pachinko starts payout, and back high again when payout of each 25 balls is complete. This should be a standard 5v logic level signal.

There is no reset input for the dongle on Rev2 CR emulators (Rev1 dongles had a reset pin on the expansion connector), so you will have to remove power to the dongle with a relay to reset it. Pins 1 or 25 are the 24Vac input pins that power the dongle.

I assume your second opto on the dongles expansion connector is intended to be the output of the card detect switch in your smartcard reader socket. When you ground the signal with the opto, the dongle will behave as if the smartcard socket is empty.

Anything else, please ask. If I find the time, I'll read this entire thread again to remind myself what you're trying to do! I think the PMs we exchanged back when you were working on this have been lost, but I've probably still got any emails you sent me, so will try and dig them out for a read.

16. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Dave
    Spot on. One opto is adding credit via pins 5 and 6 on the header plug. The second grounds out the I2C Data line when a card is not present in the reader. I was going to fit a relay into pin 25 to terminate the power and trigger a reset or access the set up menu. (the letters refer to the pick ups on the 2 different card readers)

For my free play option. I need to be able to trigger a payout without using the dongle, (as the Dongle would be in mode 6 with no card present in the reader) So using the TDS (Pin 21) to the dongle wouldn't work.

CR Expansion.jpg
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

For my free play option. I need to be able to trigger a payout without using the dongle, (as the Dongle would be in mode 6 with no card present in the reader) So using the TDS (Pin 21) to the dongle wouldn't work.
    I can't think of any way of getting the dongle to payout with no card present (without changing the operation mode in setup). It would probably require a firmware mod to add a new option. Something along the lines of 'if external switch credit added when no card present, then make automatic payout'. I'll have to take a look at the source code and see if it's feasible, but it won't be tonight, as I've had a long day and really need some sleep.

19. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4