Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nishijin Sophia Model C Jackpot Issues

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Nishijin Sophia Model C Jackpot Issues

Hello, I am new to this forum, so any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. I recently purchased and have been fixing up this machine and have ran into an issue with the payout. Once a ball starts the payout, the seesaw does not drop down on its own (see picture). After I manually move the seesaw down, the ball drops to the lever arm, but the arm then doesnt travel all the way down (see picture) without manual interaction. Once I do that, the payout works. I took it apart and cleaned every area, but for some reason, these two mechanisms do not function on their own. The pictures attached have no balls loaded, but I did run this with over 500 balls loaded into the machine. Thank you to anyone that has some insight on what I might need to do.

back 2.JPGback 3.jpgfront.jpglever with ball.jpgseesaw.jpgback.jpg

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to evergreen131

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nishijin Sophia Model C Jackpot Issues

Welcome
    The reset wire on your seesaw doesn’t look right maybe binding it up. The lever arm won’t drop down all the way if the upper back ball tray is empty or it is also binding up. I will have to look at one of my model C's to know for sure.
    Unless you try to be more than you are, what you are is all you will ever be.
    http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Think that see saw wire is one notch too far?

The shooting handle wire could be adjusted a little too but that won't affect the jackpot, just the loading.

DSC04466.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have the wire in the same spot, but my switch wire is not perfectly straight. I will post a picture of the inside tonight

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thanks! To clarify, which is the reset wire, the vertical wire attached to the ramp?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Nishijin Sophia Model C Jackpot Issues

On second look, yours looks ok. But yes, the reset wire is the one connected to the see saw.
    The white part of the see saw, with the hole in it, should be below a rectangular end in that wire.

In your picture 5, by the yellow arrow, is that wire bent a lot or fairly straight?

In this next picture...
    The wire in the yellow box is the reset wire. It has a few bends at the bottom but otherwise is straight.
    When reward balls dump out, they push down on ramp in red box; this in turn, resets the see saw.

Model C Wire.JPG

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cardwwi View Post
    The reset wire on your seesaw doesn’t look right maybe binding it up.

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I messed with the reset wire and that looks like it was binding up some, but I did notice that the white see saw is cracked at the end, which might be causing an issue. I think that wire from the switch is also probably an issue since it is not nice and straight like your pic, it is bent up some. I am messing with that now and the seesaw is moving better alone, but when the ball gets to the lever arm, it is not moving down all the way to initiate the jackpot, that is my next issue

10. The following user says "Thanks" to evergreen131

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing the payoff lever to only go about 1/2 way down

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When you cleaned your machine, did you unsnap the machine from the wood frame?

Also, did you take the machine completely apart and put it back together or clean it assembled?

Does the see saw go down on it's own now?

I'm sorry it's not working for you.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by evergreen131 View Post
    Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing the payoff lever to only go about 1/2 way down
    please post a few pictures of the back of the machine..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I did take it completely apart (off the frame) and cleaned it head to toe. From what I have been able to troubleshoot, it appears that the seesaw is getting stuck on the balls between the ramp and the seesaw. If I work the jackpot without any balls in it, it works perfect (mechanically), but once I load the balls, it gets stuck. I will post a picture later to show this, but I dont know how to adjust the seesaw so the feeding balls dont get stuck. I know it is not the little levers that prevent it from paying out when there arent enough balls loaded, so it has to be the gap between the feed ramp and the seesaw. Thoughts?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a pic without the balls or cover taken off of where I think the jam is occurring.Picture2.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

See the top of the thread for some original pics and I posted one of the problem area. I will post some better ones later tonight. Thanks for the help!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Inside the white Rectangle there are two white things that pivot up when the machine is fully loaded. These things are attached to two wires. Make sure the wires are not bent at all.

The wires attach to two MORE white things that pivot inside the white circle. These pivot out of the way when the machine is fully loaded to allow the jackpot ball mechanism to release the jackpot balls. The see saw is not in this picture.

Did you take the two wire things off while you were cleaning? They are not identical, maybe you reversed them? I'm going from memory now.

Picture2RCW.JPG

18. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the information, I was able to rule those out as the culprit and did not mess with them when cleaning. I tested it with those in the proper position and it still jams with balls loaded, but doesnt jam when I hold those back with no balls loaded. I am thinking it is either the position of the seesaw or maybe the metal claw that holds the balls from dropping before the seesaw is activated

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by evergreen131 View Post
    Thanks for the information, I was able to rule those out as the culprit and did not mess with them when cleaning. I tested it with those in the proper position and it still jams with balls loaded, but doesnt jam when I hold those back with no balls loaded. I am thinking it is either the position of the seesaw or maybe the metal claw that holds the balls from dropping before the seesaw is activated
    I'm not clear what parts you did disassemble during cleaning. I can't see the position of the metal claw; did you take that apart? This can be set to pay out 11, 13 or 15.
    When the machine is fully loaded, does it look like the pachinko balls are wedged and preventing the clear jackpot ball holder from releasing? You should be able to see pachinko balls in the clear part, to the left of your red circle.

When the machine is fully loaded, those wires should be pulling back the white pieces, exactly the same as your fingers when the machine is empty.
    Try this? Load machine, put a ball in a WIN pocket on the front of the machine. Then describe what happens?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I will send a pic when I get home, but when the ball goes in a win pocket, it gets all the way to the payoff lever, but the lever gets stuck halfway and the seesaw only moves a little bit. The balls do load in the clear seesaw and will payout if I force the lever down, but there is resistance felt. I have verified and checked the the wires holding back the white pieces and they are functioning correctly and not causing the problem. You mentioned about setting to payout the number of balls, how do you do that? With the metal claw? I did take that off, but put it back where it was previous. I will send that picture tonight. Thank you SO much for your help with this!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great, keep trying!

Take the mechanism off again, just off the clips and take two pictures like below.

Do you remember removing any of the E clips?

NO Model C Mechanism Back.jpgModel C Mechanism Front.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello,
    I picked up a machine as a project remembering one my uncle had when I was kid. It was in pretty rough shape mechanically with a lot of pieces glued back together, though seemingly functional. This piece (taken from a pic in this post) from the payoff bar is completely missing however.

Any idea where I can find a replacement part?

Thanks for helping a newbie.

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast