Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just bought my first nishijin pachinko machine. For $20! Tell me if I'm right...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Just bought my first nishijin pachinko machine. For $20! Tell me if I'm right...

Well today I was walking to the dollar store with my buddy, and we see a yard sale...first thing I see is this pachinko machine priced at $30 and the lady told me it didn't work but she had a butt load of metal balls for it. I told her I'd come back for it after talking her down to $20. Oh yeah haggling feels good. Well I got back to my house, got in my friends car and went down the street to cram it in the back of the Honda accord. Tight fit with 3 people in the car. So I've been tinkering with it...

I'm pretty sure it's a model c. Still not 100% sure though. It says nishijin shiroi kamome and on the bottom left it says super DX. It has a little ashtray. Thing looks like it may be pretty easy to restore. 2a fuse was blown.. I'm not sure yet if I'm missing any pieces in the back. I will post pictures. Can anyone tell me about how much it will cost to restore? Or am I better off selling it as is? I really need a hobby other than drugs. Lol

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to childburner

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Just bought my first nishijin pachinko machine. For $20! Tell me if I'm righ

20140412_235339.jpg20140412_235553.jpg

There it is. Now tell me how much time and money and ??? Profit... lol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Just bought my first nishijin pachinko machine. For $20! Tell me if I'm righ

How much money to restore? Does it work? If yes, depends how far you want to go. I usually just do a deep cleaning, as opposed to a restore. This is much easier on the Model C machines. there are squeeze tabs that allow the back to come off, and you can access all the ball paths...and lots of crud, by removing the back. I can't find a good pic of the squeeze tabs...but I think there are 5. Usually a good cleaning goes a long way to making a nice machine. Don't cost much. An actual restoration is a different matter. At this point, you are concerned about MINUTE details. This costs more time and money.
    As far as profit...do it if you enjoy it. Not easy to turn a profit. If you thoroughly do a deep cleaning, you have invested a good amount of time...but not a lot of money. However what is your time worth? Make it look BRAND NEW! Now you have REALLY invested a lot of time...and spent some money. It will pull more money on the market...but enough to make it worth it?
    Most of us restore them because we enjoy it. Some make money from it...but not many.

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the response. Yeah seems like it might be a cool hobby at the end of the day but all I saw were dollar signs... my pachinko machine has a grey bird in the center of the machine with balloons and trails behind it. And it says nishijin all in the mix of that. I haven't seen any others that have that I've only heard people taking about the grey birdie... well. I'll take some more pictures tomorrow when I start cleaning it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good buy! A good cleaning is your best bet this fixes most problems as they have been store and trash has been getting in to them over the years keeping them from working. Yes time is money but how much do you make watching cartoons. These machines are very time consuming on a full restore but a lot of fun to work on if you like doing this type of work. I don't make a lot of money doing it but it pays for the hobby with a little leftover.
    Unless you try to be more than you are, what you are is all you will ever be.
    http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to cardwwi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Just bought my first nishijin pachinko machine. For $20! Tell me if I'm righ

There is a member on this site... Moparformances... His paraphrased quote is... "If you're in Pachinko to make money, get out."

That quote stuck with me...

It is a model C and I don't see any water damage. I couldn't make out the center feature all that well.

I enjoy working on Model C's too.
    The squeeze clips are yellow and sometimes there is a black rubber plug that has to be pulled out of the yellow clip first.

Not sure what to make out of your avatar, to each his own I guess.
    Smiley says don't know...

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I like my avatars to make people think wtf? Ergo my username.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

nothing wrong with custom avatars. I change mine a a regular bases. But al seem to have a common theme
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

20140413_143711.jpg

There's that nishijin Bird I was talking about

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What you have there is about a late 1977 Nishijin Model C (Basketball)

I noticed you are missing a pretty important cover on the back that has the bell attached.

Here is a pic of a completed machine.

5120422544_5468286c74_o.jpg

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have the bell I just took a bunch of plastic parts off

16. The following user says "Thanks" to childburner

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Crazy - I have the same machine! Neat theme except the basketball player with the chopped off head...
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by naha13 View Post
    Neat theme except the basketball player with the chopped off head...
    Don't touch the electrified basketball pole.

19. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I haven't hooked a 9v battery up to it yet or checked the wiring etc... but what do you mean electrified basketball pole? Lol I don't wanna zap myself

Thanks
    Thanks Received

electric pole = Pachinko Humor.

nice machine. just pop off the back and use a q tip with a little windex, thats all i use then put the balls in and fire it up. if you can get the lights working and it works pretty smoothly then maybe $50-$70 on craigslist.

AG

22. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ANGRY GARY

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by childburner View Post
    I haven't hooked a 9v battery up to it yet or checked the wiring etc... but what do you mean electrified basketball pole? Lol I don't wanna zap myself
    Angry Gary has it. Just a little humor as to why the basketball player is decapitated.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the pole joke Max! Ok, it was funny. Here's a link to the thread with my machine and how it looks. Seeing the same center feature is fairly common, but not always the same exact machine with the same background art along with it. Cheers!

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/memb...all-theme.html
    Last edited by naha13; 04-14-2014 at 11:17 PM.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Or if anyone is interested in fixing up the machine I bought I'm willing to part with it. I work too much to fix it up
    Last edited by hanabi; 04-28-2014 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Email removed as per Site Rules - safer to use PM (private messaging system) to exchange personal details

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    There is a member on this site... Moparformances... His paraphrased quote is... "If you're in Pachinko to make money, get out."

That quote stuck with me...
    Adapted from a racing quote: How do you make a small fortune in pachinko? Start with a large fortune.

How deep into Texas are you? Just a general area would help.
    pachinkoparts.com - Home Page
    Definition: Racecar-a device that turns money into noise.

27. The following user says "Thanks" to browne92

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by browne92 View Post
    Adapted from a racing quote: How do you make a small fortune in pachinko? Start with a large fortune.

How deep into Texas are you? Just a general area would help.

The machine is in Terrell TX right now. I need to get rid of it asap because I'm moving soon, and I don't have the means to take it with me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast