Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New toy!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New toy!

No problem! I still have the arrangeball machine to put back together, so I'm just inspecting and finding out what I got myself into! If it is risky to remove the solenoid...then leave it alone, close pics of it installed from a few angles will be fine. Does yours have an arm that hooks the handle? My Mills does, but My Sega don't.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Does yours have an arm that hooks the handle? My Mills does, but My Sega don't.
    lost me??
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

DSCF8585.JPG This vertical bar, to the right of the jackpot tube...will hook onto, and physically stop the arm that cycles the mechanism. This pic is it engaging.DSCF8586.JPG I'll back off and try to get a better pic tomorrow!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hope this helps

sega windsor mech - YouTube

i dont see the bar in question
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Mopar! I don't see a locking bar to keep the handle from moving on yours or mine. Since Sega machines were made on Mills equipment, and Mills had a bar to lock the handle, preventing it from being pulled unless a coin was inserted...I expected Sega to use it as well. Brains Beer also has a bar that locks the arm if no coin is detected. Brains Beer used a mechanical system to achieve this, which is beyond the scope of this thread.
    So, as I understand it...if you don't insert a coin, you can still pull the handle...it just don't engage the mechanism. If this is so, that is a good thing. Because I was thinking that I could easily make it do just that with a small modification. DSCF8594.JPG I noticed that the plate attached to the plunger of the missing solenoid, appears to be bent at the "almost upside down L " shaped place. This may have been bent down after removing the solenoid in order to make the part touching it to always engage the "5BG" lever. This, as you know, is the part that gets the whole thing going. I was thinking that if I bend the "almost upside down L" part up a little, it would cause it to miss the "5BG" lever...unless the plunger that went into the missing solenoid was pulled in. If plunger was pulled in, then the "almost upside down L" would allow the part touching it to engage the "5BG" lever, making the mechanism cycle! Of course, now I have to find a solenoid.
    Don't bother removing yours to look for a part number. I saw the silicone repair to the crack you mentioned. Don't want anything to happen to yours looking for information that probably won't help anyhow! My cut wires are three. Are there 3 wires going to your solenoid?
    Thanks for the video, it seems to confirm what action I was planning on taking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    My cut wires are three. Are there 3 wires going to your solenoid?
    mine is only 2 wires not sure what the 3rd would be??

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i was thinking about the locking arm you have posted about... i think i have an

your brains beer machine is 100% mechanical.. at leas the coin mech.. right.. that's why it has the stop bar.. our machines have electric activated coin slots.. there for no need for the stop bar..

just and

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2