Thread: Satomi Buffalo Questions - Newbie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Satomi Buffalo Questions - Newbie

Hello everyone,

I recently inherited a Satomi Buffalo machine from my father in-law and I am having trouble getting it to work. In the top right it constantly says "Game Off". When I put the quarter in it will not drop into the correct spot instead it stays in the coin return. I am able to manually engage the lever that releases the balls and the payout. I can shoot the balls and the lights do work as well as the Buffalo horns.

I have attached three screen shots, in the one showing the circuit board I am curious if someone could tell me what the switch above the red light does. Also what the red light means, and if there is something specific I need to do to get the game to start.

I apologize for not knowing the correct terminology. I am new here, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

-Drew
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to DrewB

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I restored that exact machine awhile back.
    The switch above the red light changes the max payout which is usually 5, 10, or 15 coins. It just depends in the machine but I think mine changes from 5 to 10.
    The game off light is on because the low token switch in the coin tube does not have enough coins. You can bypass the switch by bending the lever so it "thinks" its full or load it up with coins. There's also an arm that is on top of the coin mech that prevents coins from being deposited when the game off light is activated. That's probably what's going on if your machine is equipped with this device. Many times they have been removed. If your machine does not have this device and a coin still won't drop, its probably because the coin mech is dirty and this is very common. Post a pic of your coin mech.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Coupla pics from a later model Satomi. One pic shows the device that prevents coins from entering. It's an arm mounted to a coil that is energized when the low token switch trips. Here I have one bolt out of its mount so that it can be pivoted out of the way and is disabled in effect.
    The other pic shows the coin tube and the low token micro switch pointed out with a pachinko ball. The lever that the coins hit is visible inside the tube.

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    I restored that exact machine awhile back.
    The switch above the red light changes the max payout which is usually 5, 10, or 15 coins. It just depends in the machine but I think mine changes from 5 to 10.
    The game off light is on because the low token switch in the coin tube does not have enough coins. You can bypass the switch by bending the lever so it "thinks" its full or load it up with coins. There's also an arm that is on top of the coin mech that prevents coins from being deposited when the game off light is activated. That's probably what's going on if your machine is equipped with this device. Many times they have been removed. If your machine does not have this device and a coin still won't drop, its probably because the coin mech is dirty and this is very common. Post a pic of your coin mech.
    Well, not that exact machine of course but the same model. She was well worn and had a couple bad IC chips.

8. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Satomi Buffalo Questions - Newbie

i have had a few machines that dont like quarters... they can be to small and to light... they were meant to operate on tokens... i have had really good luck using Dollar pieces.. but tokens are best..

hope that helps as well as the above posts
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you everyone for your replies. emmadog you were correct it was the fact that there were not enough coins in the payout reserve. Once I moved that lever the light went off and the machine is working fine. Now I just need to find a couple of light bulbs and fix one of the little switches for the number 9. I cleaned the machine up some, I will attach a final image.

Thanks again to everyone,

Drew

20140330_205021_resized.jpg

20140331_001832_resized.jpg

12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to DrewB

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Closing Thread

Thanks
    Thanks Received