Thread: CR Sakura Taisen 2 MV Pachinko Machine Issues/Questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default CR Sakura Taisen 2 MV Pachinko Machine Issues/Questions

I recently got a CR Sakura Taisen 2 MV pachinko machine (made by Sammy). Had a couple of issues/questions that I hope you guys can help me with.

1) When I turn on the machine, it powers on normally and begins to operate but it keeps repeating an error message for about 30-40 seconds before it stops repeating it and the normal gameplay audio kicks in. I made a clip and uploaded it to Youtube to illustrate this: CR Sakura Taisen 2 MV Pachinko Machine - Error Message - YouTube
    Does anyone have an idea what this error message is about? It almost sounds like it's saying something about the power or electricity, but I'm not sure. The machine came with a transformer that's labeled 100V (3A), and it seems to work just fine plugging it directly into the wall.

2) Does anyone know where the volume switch is on this type of machine? I tried hunting for it but couldn't find it. The volume that it's currently set to is actually kind of low and gets drown out once I start shooting the balls up. Here's a picture of the back of the machine:
    IMG_8412.jpg

3) Referencing the same photo from question 2, near the top there's a written label with red borders right underneath 2 knob-looking things. Does anyone know what that says or what those knobs are? I was kind of hoping that they might be the volume control but they don't seem to turn or click.

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: CR Sakura Taisen 2 MV Pachinko Machine Issues/Questions

ボリューム = volume

Perhaps they're damaged.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

3. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to compirate

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Some cheap pots burn out if some one cranks up the machines volume to max and lower it using the pots. I don't know about Sammy machines but 95% of my machines have a 3 position slide switch to change volume.
    Ian #UKPachinko

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's my Fever Macross volume selector switch set to LOW.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393433943.868183.jpg

Sorry, not sure about the boot/POST message.

BTW, that pachi looks really nice.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to mandoman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Answers:

1. I can't remember my Japanese, but I did not hear the word "denki" (electricity) in that announcement. Typically, these annunciations are about the door is ajar, the ball hopper is empty, or the system needs a reset. Make sure the door is fully closed, there a plenty of balls in the hopper, and perform a reset. Hold down the reset button while power cycling the pachinko. You might have to power cycle a second time after the reset. While it works fine for now, you should get a 110-125 to 24 transformer. The 100 volt model you have right now is pushing the upper limits of tolerance for the pachinko. This is why the transformer can be hot, as opposed to warm.

2. and 3. Like Compirate and DC have said, the volume knobs are the two things at the red sticker. These were no installed at the factory, but by someone who had this in their home or resold this pachinko to the home market. I can't tell from the picture, but the volume knobs (potentiometers) could be the 10 turn or 20 turn type. Most volume knobs turn about 270 degrees, these turn 10 or 20 full revolutions. You might have to turn them a couple of times to get a change in volume. The volume knobs could be damaged, the wires from the volume knobs might be damaged, the place where the volume knob wires splice into the speaker wires might be damaged, the factory connector for the speaker wires might be damaged, where the speaker wires attach to the speakers might be damaged, or the speakers themselves might be damaged.

Looks like you will need to do some investigating.
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to heima

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Some frames do scream at you on start up as some Kyoraku owners know full well.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it sounds to me like its saying "den den ga hairima****a" - 電源が入りました
    basically - Power has entered... So - might be normal. The rationale behind this? Maybe to let parlor staff know if power has been interrupted - perhaps for some cheat or other?

But... it may not hurt to check the voltage going into the machine - see if its way beyond, say, 28v... 24 is ideal, of course, but 100v (instead of 120) transformer plus high household voltage can push things.
    If you're uncomfortable with with output voltage, get a 120/24 transformer. But... Then it may just keep screaming at you even after all that trouble.

(edit... heheh... censor doesn't like that verb... lets say "hairimacrapa")
    Woof!

12. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Chumsize

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by heima View Post
    Answers:

2. and 3. Like Compirate and DC have said, the volume knobs are the two things at the red sticker. These were no installed at the factory, but by someone who had this in their home or resold this pachinko to the home market. I can't tell from the picture, but the volume knobs (potentiometers) could be the 10 turn or 20 turn type. Most volume knobs turn about 270 degrees, these turn 10 or 20 full revolutions. You might have to turn them a couple of times to get a change in volume. The volume knobs could be damaged, the wires from the volume knobs might be damaged, the place where the volume knob wires splice into the speaker wires might be damaged, the factory connector for the speaker wires might be damaged, where the speaker wires attach to the speakers might be damaged, or the speakers themselves might be damaged.

Looks like you will need to do some investigating.

So after a bit of investigation I did manage to confirm that those two knobs controlled the volume. The problem is, there aren't actually any "knobs" there that I can grab onto, just two metal ends sticking out and probably missing an actual knob to cover them. I ended up having to get a small flat-head screwdriver out of my computer repair kit in order to fit it into the groove of the metal tips and turn them. I've got them turned about 2/3 of the way and the machine now sounds great. There actually is a 3-position switch on the back of the machine like the one in mandoman's picture which I'm assuming is the original volume switch, but since it didn't do anything when I flipped it I just assumed that they weren't the volume controls. I didn't know that someone could modify these machines to have a more fine-tune control over the volume.

That only leaves the nagging error message when it first powers on. Heima suggests that I should reset the machine. Where would the reset button/switch be on the machine? (Yes, I'm still a noob). There were several comments about getting a 110-125V transformer to replace the 100V one, and I'll probably do that if nothing else solves the error message. Is there a recommended vendor in the US that you guys usually buy transformers from? Also, is it difficult to swap out the transformer and replace it with a new one? I know next to nothing when it comes to electricity so I'm just hesitant about potentially screwing up the wiring.

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

To be honest if it plays fine after the alarm thing happens for a little bit, I'd let it go. I agree with Chumsize, it's probably just a 'power restored' thing.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !