Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1975 Nishijin Shiroi-Kamome

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now that makes sense that these balls shoukd be in there as it worked with them in.

I will try to oil the launcher and see what happens, the ball when launched goes around the ramp but never goes between the pins but rather falls , hits the glass all the way to the bottom and sits on the ledge of the chrome frame and window.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I guess it would make sense that these balls were in there as the seesaw worked fine then, I will simply put them back in.

The glass was on the outer slots, I have moved it to the inside slots, after I oil the launcher mechanism it should work fine.

I will keep you guys posted

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to twinotter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 1975 Nishijin Shiroi-Kamome

Quote Originally Posted by twinotter View Post
    after I oil the launcher mechanism it should work fine.
    Nothing really needs oil. Unless you mean the ball bearings for the shooter arm. Those can use a little lubricant from time to time. Just don't use WD-40 as it tends to cause more problems than it helps. Your best bet is to take it out and clean it out with some brake cleaner and then take a high quality lube and spray a little in.

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes it is the shooter arm, I should be receiving my lot of balls next week I will then be able to try out the machine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I received my balls and have since tried the machine. I load the balls in the hopper, they travel down the ramp and stay in the slots that is behind the jackpot. In order to release the balls so that they go to the ball launcher I have to tip the JPS down and move the lever that is behind the JP in the middle. This only loads approx 20 balls, once these balls are played I have to repeat the procedure. Other than that the machine works great.

Anyone know what to adjust?

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I received my balls and have since tried the machine. I load the balls in the hopper, they travel down the ramp and stay in the slots that is behind the jackpot. In order to release the balls so that they go to the ball launcher I have to tip the JPS down and move the lever that is behind the JP in the middle. This only loads approx 20 balls, once these balls are played I have to repeat the procedure. Other than that the machine works great.

Anyone know what to adjust?

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It sounds like it is working properly. Ensure the see saw is "up" by pressing up the reset plunger.

Instead of forcing a jackpot to supply the shooting tray; just grab some pachinko balls out of the top tray or out of the lost ball tray.

If you get a ball in a WIN pocket, it should reward 15 balls to the shooting tray? Is that working?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When you load balls into the hopper, do they fill the jackpot in the middle so that you can see then from the front? Then grab a handfull of balls to put in the shooting tray. If you open the glass and drop a ball into a pocket, does it pay 15 balls? If so, then yes, it is functioning properly. In Japan, if you run out of balls...you have to buy more. Just like in Vegas, if you run out of quarters...you put another $20 into the change machine!
    Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

CarlW, yes the seesaw is in the up position and yes if I put a ball in any win pocket I do get some balls in the shooting tray. The hopper has to have enough balls in it to push the lever down, correct?

Pachiwall, yes the balls drop into the middle jackpot and when a ball goes in a pocket more balls are released. If I understand correctly, you only get a certain amount of balls at the start and then you only get more if a ball lands in one of the winning pockets? Is there a way to reset or restart from the front without having to open the glass and put a ball in a pocket?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sounds like your machine is working properly..

Is there a way to reset or restart from the front without having to open the glass and put a ball in a pocket?
    when the machines were in a parlor you would walk up the the machine with the tulips in as in condition.. mostly closed.. and open tulip is an easy target..

fill the top back hopper and save a few handfuls for the shooter tray.. with some practise and allot of luck you will get the hang of shooting balls to the right spots.. if your machine is tight try adjusting the nails a little bit.. some times moving them a bit will make all the differance..

i try and have my machine pay as close to 100% as possable.. it keeps the play interested in the machine without overfilling the shooter tray..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks guys for the replies, I learned alot from all the posts. The machine is working properly as side now a burnt bulb and hopper empty switch to tweak. The game is suprisingly fun to play.

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to twinotter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The game is suprisingly fun to play.
    welcome to Vintage Pachinko
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pachiwall, yes the balls drop into the middle jackpot and when a ball goes in a pocket more balls are released. If I understand correctly, you only get a certain amount of balls at the start and then you only get more if a ball lands in one of the winning pockets? Is there a way to reset or restart from the front without having to open the glass and put a ball in a pocket?
    As far as number of balls to start...it is a gambling machine, so you start with however many you can afford to lose! More balls after losing them? You could grab a handful from the hopper, if you don't have enough to grab...then you need to buy some more anyhow. I have a couple of machines where a previous owner had drilled a small hole in the plastic cover on the back. This made an access to drop a ball into to trigger a jackpot. I also have one where someone broke some plastic for the same reason! I haven't been able to bring myself to drill holes in them myself, but I have been tempted.
    Since they are gambling machines, if ALL covers are in place, access to any levers or rods that are part of the jackpot cycle are covered. This, I presume, is to prevent a crooked parlor attendant from having a friend play a specific machine...while triggering jackpots from behind. Since covers are typically removed long before we get them (a machine with ALL covers intact is uncommon!) you can study the jackpot cycle to see which levers are moving that you have access to. When you try to move them, you will see that they are locked! This is on purpose. Study some more, and you will find the hook that locks it. If you manipulate the hook in order to move the rod or lever to trigger the jackpot...the balls fall out of the center, but fall out the back into the lost ball box. Once again this is an anti cheat mechanism built into the design! These are truly well engineered machines! The part that causes this is the hook hanging by the seesaw (behind a cover) that controls a platform, on a pivot, that dumps the balls out the front or back...depending on if the hook is engaged or not.
    So the answer is YES you can trigger a jackpot from the rear if you remove enough covers, find the right hooks and levers, and trigger 3 things at once!
    Study the back while a jackpot is cycling. You will have to watch many cycles, because several things are happening at once...in different locations. When I was a kid with my 1st pachinko machine (almost 40 years ago!), I spent more time studying the back, trying to figure it out, than I did playing it!

16. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looking at the pic of the back of yours, you have all the anti cheat covers except the seesaw cover, Commonly missing. You also have the very common brown plastics on the back. Makes it hard to see what is going on. They also made a clear back, not very common. It is especially cool because you can see what makes it work! Mopar made a video that explains it pretty good. Model how to - YouTube hopefully this will help you understand it a little better!This is a clear back someone is selling on eBay. Nishijin Pachinko Machine Model B Rear Plastics | eBay You could change it if you were tearing it completely...but you would have to want it pretty bad. SteveFury made this technical animation for a Model A: Nishijin Technical Animation WAY COOL! If he made one for a Model B...that would be SUPER COOL! Cardwwi makes this reproduction seesaw cover. Pachinko Restorations - Nishijin Seesaw Cover - SSC02 It is the only cover you are missing, but not necessary for function. Original ones show up on eBay for less sometimes, I hear the reproduction one is very good.
    Last edited by pachiwall; 07-31-2014 at 02:09 AM.

18. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, I would have to get a seesaw cover, I will keep my eye out on ebay for this. I agree they are very well engineered and alot goes on in the back of it.

I really don't want to start drilling holes in it so I will just keep opening the glass and dropping a ball in a winning pocket to start.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Did you get a look at the videos linked above? They both give a good description of what is going on. A greater understanding of how it works will help you fix it in the future, should any problems arise! Just click on the underlined parts.

21. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

23. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Carl,
    Humorous finding you here. Just joined to glean more information about my machine. Can you confirm that I should order 1000 balls?

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Blakechi View Post
    Carl,
    Humorous finding you here. Just joined to glean more information about my machine. Can you confirm that I should order 1000 balls?
    not sure what machine you have most every machine will hold 1000 balls.. thought you did not ask me i would say yes 1000..

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk

27. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast