Thread: Same theme, different machines!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Same theme, different machines!

I was looking to pick up a Ring pachinko machine, and got in contact with someone who had one. When they sent me a picture, I was surprised to see it was an entirely different machine! The one he had has a VHS player blow the screen, and the one I was looking for had hands above the screen that dropped down during play to scare you. I've posted both below:

Ring v1.jpgRing v2.jpg

I have also been looking for a Jurassic Park machine as well. I read that it had a 3D screen, so I thought I would look into it. Double bonus since my son's favorite movie is Jurassic Park (he's 13 now, but I took him to go see it in 3D last year at an IMAX theater and he fell in love)

Well needless to say, I was rather surprised to find out yet again that there were different versions of the machine. I saw the 'volcano' frame version that has the claw at the top and an eye on the right, and the newer version that has the Jurassic Park logo at the top and a 'Red Alert' light on the right. I found someone who said they had one with the logo at the top, and when they sent me a pic of the machine, I was VERY surprised to see it was a third version! It had a different logo at the top, and a T-Rex head on the right!!! See below:

JP v1.jpgJP v2.jpgJP v3.jpg

So here is my question: I know there are always different cell backgrounds for the different odds on the same machine, but who knows of any other machines out there where they feature the same theme but totally different playfields? I know when it comes to things like Macross and Eva they make sequels and offshoots, but I'm talking about machines like I talked about above.

Lastly, does anyone know which Jurassic Park features the 3D screen? Any videos of the three in play on YouTube would be greatly appreciated. Saw a few of the first two, but nothing on the last one, would love to see it in action.

Thanks!
    My Pachinkos: Freddy vs Jason, Rave, Titanic

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Harleyguy

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Same theme, different machines!

The 2 ones I know are Maison Ikkoku and Star Wars. I suppose you could include every sea story machine too

Then there is the whole spaceship Yamato being done by 2 companies and 5 versions depending what anime its based on. 3 Different Koda Kumi machines although the first 2 did use the same frame.I think there are 3 differnt types of Thunderbirds too,

Its just really to update the machines and bring in the new technology. (or to put it another way- Wow a new audience or flogging a dead horse )

As for which Jp has the 3D screen. Sorry, Don't know
    Ian #UKPachinko

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think the blue one is the Jurassic Park pachinko you want.

This is a collection of Fuji promotional videos for the Jurassic Park Max 2 3D. 3D bit is at 1:15 and 3:00.

【パチンコPV】CRジュラシックパークMAX2 - YouTube

Here is some actual gameplay and the how they utilize the 3D. But you can't see the 3d effect without being there in person.

CRジュラシックパークMAX2:擬似連からのT-REXモード.AVI - YouTube
    Last edited by heima; 02-20-2014 at 11:03 PM.
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

6. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to heima

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Heima, as always, you are Da Man!!!
    My Pachinkos: Freddy vs Jason, Rave, Titanic