Thread: Help! Need to find one of the pachislo power cords somewhere! Please see pic!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help! Need to find one of the pachislo power cords somewhere! Please see pic!

Hi Folks- need an identical cord for one of our machines if anyone has one/knows where to find one. This specific machine is a Bisty model, but don't think this cord is OEM-specific. If anyone has any ideas, has one to sell, etc, or can point me in the right direction, I would be tremendously grateful. Thanks!
    IMG_3426.jpgIMG_3427.jpg
    mrlax - american pachi-pro

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help! Need to find one of the pachislo power cords somewhere! Please see pic

I would shy away from a cord like that. The two-prong plug is just inviting a 110Vac surprise. As for the white connector, that looks very Japanese, and I am afraid might have to come from Japan, if someone does not have an extra. Is there any numbers or letters on the connector that could help identify it? Also, there are pachislo parts vendors who might have something like that. They will need to know what brand/type power supply it came from.

Slot Machines for sale, Pachislo, buy slot machine, Pachislo Slot Machine, Wholesale Slot Machines , Pachinko, Tokens, Stealth Home Amusement
    New Life Games Tech Forums

Sorry I could not be of any more help.
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

3. The following user says "Thanks" to heima

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help! Need to find one of the pachislo power cords somewhere! Please see pic

If you can get to the circuit board on which the connector is... uh... connected... you could unsolder it and then directly solder two wires into its place, and run those to the output of your 110-24v transformer. Eliminate the fancy-schmancy connector completely.
    Woof!

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Chumsize

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you Heima and Chumsize for your advice- I'll keep working on this!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you measure the distance between the pins I am certain you can find one that will work, or you can simply buy a pack of pins like this and make up your own:

Pololu - Female Crimp Pins for 0.1 Housings 100-Pack

The part you need is called a "female pin connector" FYI.

If this were my project and I wanted to do it in a practical/simple manner, I'd use a couple of crimp style "butt connectors", crimp my wire in and glue it to the pin. You will have a good enough contact electrically for a light.

If you have a junk computer laying around, you can probably find some pin connectors in the innards that can be made to work .

8. The following user says "Thanks" to MarkW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Folks- I'm 'rebooting' my search for this specific cord for a BISTY Pachislot from aprox 2008/2009- "Saturday Night Fever " featuring John Travolta, whose likeness was licensed for the project. Anyways- if anyone has a lead for one of these cords, please let me know. I appreciate those of you who have given your advice on how to handle this from a DIY perspective, but I'm not tech-inclined to the extent where I could confidently accomplish this.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice!

-ANDY

Fog City Auctions, LLC
    andy@fogcityauctions.com

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can you measure the distance between the pins? You most likely need that dimension to source this.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to MarkW

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you- this seems worth a try. I'll have the specs (dimensions etc) soon as well.

Thanks everyone for you help!