Thread: Okumurayuki – Victory - Monako - Motorbike?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Okumurayuki – Victory - Monako - Motorbike?

Hi there,

New member, been wanting to get a vintage pachinko for ages and now ive got one. Its a 1978 Okumurayuki – Victory - not sure of the model as the centerpiece has a man riding a motorbike?. I've not seen this exact model on the internet but there seems to be a few of this build just with a varying centerpiece.

Anyway it was in bad shape when I got it but with some rewiring and TLC its now working. One good thing is that I got about 10,000 brand new condition balls with it or about 28kg's worth which ever is the larger number - I have no idea what to do with them so if there are any fellow pachinko fans who want some balls in Auckland, New Zealand just PM me. They are too heavy to post overseas or even within my own country.

As you will see from the pics my baby is missing 2 things.

1, Reward / Ball load tray
    2, ball out micro switch

Sadly these were missing when I got it.

The ball out microswitch I can probably find something suitable at my local electronics supply store and until then I've wired up a basic aluminum foil micro switch which works perfectly ;-). But I do want to find the Reward / Ball load tray.

So does anyone have a Reward / Ball load tray for this machine or similar? Happy to pay something for it and the postage to NZ etc.

Anyway if anyone knows about my machine and can tell me about it that would be great oh and manuals and any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to Dan Reed, ThePachinkoMan and CarlW for their webistes and youtube clips - without you guys I wouldn't have had a clue how to get it working or got the bug to go and get one of these pieces of gaming history.

A bit of history about my machine... given its near impossible to find these machines in this part of the world... it comes from Little Vietnam in California and was brought over by a guy who imports american cars and USA memorabilia into New Zealand. He brought back 10 machines and I got this one which was 1 of 4 he had remaining. I chose it because it had good colours and in was in reasonable condition. The other 4 were in bad shape with rusting chrome and faded playing fields.

Thanks for the great forums and thanks to anyone who replies.

20140212_074148.jpg20140218_202705.jpg20140212_074157.jpg20140218_203154.jpg

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to gnome73

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Okumurayuki – Victory - Monako - Motorbike?

Welcome

I don't know if this will work for your machine.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...ball-tray.html
    Unless you try to be more than you are, what you are is all you will ever be.
    http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/

4. The following user says "Thanks" to cardwwi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

im sure someone has a ball tray... give it some time and one will pop up

nice machine and congrats on getting it working

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

to Pachitalk! I have a Maruhon that had a broken tray. I didn't expect to find a doner tray, and I didn't want to wait. I had a Nishijin parts machine, so I took the tray and modified it to work. Yours is different of course, but it is likely to work by modifying the tray. try not to modify the machine in case you come across the correct tray, or especially if you can't get the tray to fit, or work properly. Modding the tray only will keep your losses to the cost of the tray only if things go wrong! Here is a limk to page 2 of my post that shows what I had to do. 2 new vintages! - Page 2 The mods start at post #24. If you have access to a tray, hold it up to where yours should be and see what needs to be changed. If no local access to a tray, I'm sure someone here has a tray and can post some pics of all sides and you can get a good idea if it is worth a try.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello,

I actually just restored the same exact machine for my nephew for Christmas. It had the exact same background and everything (I changed out the background because it was badly damaged but other than that is the same now). I do not have a picture of the back of the machine, I did, but not sure where it is now. I just sent a message to my sister to see if she can measure and take some photos of the tray for you. I hope to have the measurements for you shortly and maybe a tray from another type of machine will work and if not Cardwwi's idea of making a tray would be a route to go.

Mike

OYpachinko1.jpg
    Restoring the past - Super-8 and Signal

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

oh wow you guys are awesome. Its fantastic to see another exact the same specimen out there - albeit with different background but thats ok. Even just seeing the pin layout and comparing it to mine is exciting - once the tulips are closed my machine is really hard to get a jackpot payout.

@MrToad - very keen to see the actual tray for these machines so that would be greatly appreciated. Also a close up of the ball out microswitch assembly so i can copy it.

will check back in a couple of days.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Okumurayuki – Victory - Monako - Motorbike?

I don't remember anything special about the reward tray; other than it was attached to the green plastic and not the wood. This made it easier to break off or to get separated from the rest of the machine.

The microswitch had a lever that was cut short and was friction fit between a couple of plastic bumps. It wasn't the most secure mount but seemed to work ok.

I'll try to send you a PM and can email you the pictures I took during assembly.

Okumura-Yuki FISH Back.jpg DSC04656.jpg DSC04657.jpg NO DSC04088.jpg NO DSC04089.jpg

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Carl!!

I'll use pic 2 and have a go at making my own. Please when you get time can you measure the width of the try i.e. from the front to the back of the tray (not the length across the long edge). I can guess the length of the mchine based on the pic. Also if you can take a measurement of the dept of the tray at the shallow and the deep ends that would help me alot.

thanks for all the replies

such a great community

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by gnome73 View Post
    Thanks Carl!!

I'll use pic 2 and have a go at making my own. Please when you get time can you measure the width of the try i.e. from the front to the back of the tray (not the length across the long edge). I can guess the length of the mchine based on the pic. Also if you can take a measurement of the dept of the tray at the shallow and the deep ends that would help me alot.

thanks for all the replies

such a great community
    I did ask for my sister to take measurements but I have not heard back, I will reach to her again. I no longer have access to the machine.
    Restoring the past - Super-8 and Signal

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtoad View Post
    I did ask for my sister to take measurements but I have not heard back, I will reach to her again. I no longer have access to the machine.
    thank you, hope it works out.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a question

What type of paint do I use to fill in the faded bits on the plastic feature from my machine (see attached close up pic) ?

Also thought I'd show my final setup for those that are interested.

Made a cabinet and mounted it with name plate etc. Also made my own cardboard reward/feed tray at top - works a treat with no issues and holds 300-400 balls.

2014-08-03 10.21.20.jpg2014-08-03 10.21.46.jpg2014-08-03 10.22.23.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gnome73; 08-02-2014 at 06:44 PM.

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to gnome73

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great progress. For paint, try this link: Tip on Painting

18. The following user says "Thanks" to gooilers

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Okumurayuki – Victory - Monako - Motorbike

Hello everyone I was looking at Carl's post showing the back of his machine and I'm curious if it's possible to still get the green covers on the back the one I have has some of them missing and also the ball load tray is broken so is it possible to get parts
    image1.JPGimage2.JPGimage3.JPG

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Grim

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Hello everyone I was looking at Carl's post showing the back of his machine and I'm curious if it's possible to still get the green covers on the back the one I have has some of them missing and also the ball load tray is broken so is it possible to get parts
    image1.JPGimage2.JPGimage3.JPG
    Hello Grim and welcome to the group my fellow Michigander

Sorry I don't have a parts machine but keep an eye on this post and perhaps post something in the members trade area as a wanted to buy.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/foru...ers-Trade-area

Give it some time and someone could come along with your desired parts.

22. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I like your cabinet. How did you make it and attach it to the wall?