Thread: Bruce Lee Takasago Issues

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Bruce Lee Takasago Issues

Hi everybody,

I just received a (2000?) Bruce Lee Pachislo from a buddy of mine. It USED to work, but now it won't do much past the initial power on. I get no sound effects, but I can tell there is power going to the speakers, you can hear a pop noise when adjusting the volume controls. The fluorescent lights for the artwork turn on, but the lights that show the credits or wins aren't turning on. The entire middle section of the machine is not turning on. On the inside of the door, the board that controls the lights for the middle section, and also the payout indicator, is also not powering up. The coin tumbler doesn't do anything either. I checked all of the fuses I could visually see, but they are all fine. My buddy suggested that the power supply is bad. If so, is there any chance that its some small problem on the power supply board that can be fixed, as I am getting power to some parts of the machine? I purchased a manual from Stealth Home Amusement but its pretty useless as it has no wiring diagrams or part numbers. I have some pics to better explain what is going on. Also threw in some pics of my other Projects, Embryon Pinball and my custom MAME
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Joshuaisarocker

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Bruce Lee Takasago Issues

sorry i cant really help ya but wanted to say

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would think if it was a power supply problem nothing would power on.

unplug and reset all your connections with the power shut off, I've fixed similar problems that way.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

5. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds like the key switch on the power supply is in program mode. Try going through the full reset sequence in the manual. If it's not in the book, there are plenty of threads on this site that do.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

7. The following user says "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello

Welcome to PachiTalk!!

Here is some info that explains how to reset a pachislo, as part of this process it includes how to change and set the skill level, you must follow all steps carefully

"How To Set the Skill Levels of Your Pachislo
    HOW CHANGE ODDS:

"TURN YOUR MACHINE OFF FIRST"

1. Locate internal key switch, and insert key.
    Note: In order to change odds, machine must be in idle mode with no tokens/coins or credits being played and off.

2. Turn "reset" key switch to on, to access programming mode.

3. Turn on machine now.

4. Depending on machine type, a number from 1 to 6 will be displayed on one of the LED meters on front door. (please note on some models the numbers could be displayed inside the machine)

5. Locate and push Skill button. Depress button and notice movement of number being displayed in LED meter.

6. Once desired level is displayed (1 to 6), push down on play handle (Joy Stick) for 10 seconds, and depress both "BET CREDITS" and "COLLECT CREDITS" buttons to lock odds level into machine memory.

7. Turn "reset" key back to off.

8. Machine should immediately initialize. If not, turn power switch to the OFF position, wait 15 seconds and turn power switch back to ON position.

Also just to confirm some additional info (from member Chrisdice) regarding hard reset

Two switches on the power supply:
    - One requires a soft reset at the end of a bonus.
    - The other pays out all tokens at the end of a bonus.

For these switches in most cases off is in the down or right position. The for off and on are:

無 = off

有 = on

Do let us know if this helps or if you require any further advice

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

9. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice Pinball and Mame Arcade.

It could one or a combination of things, at this point, as to why your machine is not working.

I feel the same as Luckydog, I think your Power Supply is working, or you won't have power to the other lights and the Motherboard. In your picture I tried pointing some thing out. The Large Ribbon cable at the bottom of the circuit board feeds the power to it. That is where I would start. Check that connection, unplug it and re-set it. Check to see where the other end connects and re-set also. Check the Ribbon Cable itself, for bends or "kink's", maybe a broken wire in the cable. I've had it happen.

One of the biggest problems is loose connections. There are a lot of connections in these machines and moving them around, they work loose. Best to re-set every connection you can find.

When you do have power there, most likely the only thing that will light are the Credit and Payout displays, on the front of the machine and maybe the "Insert Token Light". None of the others will light till you win a Bonus or you deposit tokens.

When you get power there and on the inside of the door a number is displayed, (next to the blue odds button), then your machine is in "Reset Mode". Either way, once you get it powered up and the hopper back in and connected, you can get the machine reset and playing.

72824d1392661251-bruce-lee-takasago-issues-wp_20140217_11_42_10_pro.jpg
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok, I'll definitely go over the wiring harness later today and make sure the wires look ok, and I'll reseat all the connectors as well. Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll let you guys know how it goes!

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Joshuaisarocker

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Figured I'd give a little update on my machine. I've since gutted the machine, checking all the wiring harnesses with a multi meter to make sure the harnesses are all good. I then reassembled it and tried to do a reset with the instructions provided above. However the digital number display on the door still will not power on. So I tried to do a reset anyways but nothing worked. It just turns on the fluorescent lights and then waits. I'm guessing that the only thing that can be wrong is one of the boards, but it seems parts are difficult to locate. Any Ideas.?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just a note, I do not see a Coin hopper in the Pictures I have duplicated the Lights on that machine do not come on until there are credits added. I have a dream Alpha 7 which is the same chassis sitting here so I can experiment. The only way I was able to duplicate was to pull the main ribbon cable for the door and when I did that the belly glass went dark as well.
    Any more observations you have made?
    A token for your thoughts???

TEQ. http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/group.php?groupid=3

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok, I can't explain it but I won't argue with it either. After messing around with the machine tonight, the digital display turned on! I started by taking the coin hopper in and out because of what teqkng said. Also pushed a bunch of buttons and messed around with the little bushing that pushes the lever out so that coins can be accepted. Anyways I started turning the machine on and off, and then the display came on. I was able to change the number from 1-6. I then followed the rest of the instructions Hanabi posted. I turned the machine off, restarted it and it was ready to accept coins! I played a few times and it seems to be functioning correctly. The reels were spinning, and they were responsive to the stop buttons. However...

1. The sound will not work. As I said before you can hear a static sound so there is power to the speakers, just no sounds at all when playing. Fuses are good.

2. The coin hopper gets jammed when dispensing tokens. Then I get an error code that makes me reset the machine. Is there a way to adjust the hopper?

3. I was curious, the odds settings are 1-6 with 6 being the highest chance for a win?

Can't believe it just magically started working. Played it for a bit and its a lot of fun! However I'm a bit worried about shutting it off...I have a few times already and it didn't turn back on right away. I mashed a bunch of buttons, and messed with the token acceptor and the game began to work again. I just hope it stays working! Can't wait to get the sound working too!

Also, I wanted to make sure I was doing the reset correctly so I attached an image of how I did it.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Joshuaisarocker

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok there are 3 red knobs in your first picture. with the machine off I want you to use a magnifying glass if you need to and set them all to #5.

Removing and reseating all of the wires on the board MAY bring back sound.

The Token Hopper may be a different story. two wing screws at the lower right should allow you to swing the plastic hopper up and away from the rest of the mechanism an allow you to inspect the sensors and switches.

Let us know!
    Last edited by teqkng; 02-28-2014 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Spelling
    A token for your thoughts???

TEQ. http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/group.php?groupid=3