Thread: Kan Less Shark Diver

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Kan Less Shark Diver

Saw this on eBay. 1975 Working Vintage Nishijin Shark Diver Pachinko Machine VPO188 with Key | eBay Chrome looks real nice. It is in much better shape than my Kan Less. I'm not bidding on it, I have enough machines, but if I did buy it I could sell my Kan less...or keep it for parts! At $91.00 right now, it is a little high, but the Kan less models are kind of scarce. Looks to be in pretty good shape if anyone has been wanting one! And it has a key.

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Kan Less Shark Diver

ohhhhhhhhhhhh kan-less with a key
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I sent the seller a message about his description, he states that it works by gravity alone, power is for lights and bell only:
    1975 Working Vintage Nishijin Shark Diver Pachinko Kan-Less Machine VPO188 WITH KEY
    Relatively few of these Diver-Shark theme Nishijin games out there and even fewer that are in great working order with the key.
    A little dusty, but a complete working model, WITH THE ORIGINAL KEY AND INSTRUCTION BOOKLET. Also includes about 250 steel balls. The pictures are the best description and allow you to judge and bid accordingly. These games work by gravity and with 120 Volt plug-in (to make the bells and lights function) but can be played without electricity. All the bells and lights are working on this unit.

I got a reply back stating that he is correct: "The electrical system on this machine is just for lights and bell. Everything else is working by gravity. Plays perfectly when not plugged in. Must have different models." I looked at the pics again, and I have a Kan Less, although not as nice, It can't work without electricity! The balls drain below the lower tray and the electric motor is needed to lift the balls up to the tray. In the pics you can see the solenoid that resets the seesaw. You can't see the jackpot tray because of the cover, but the jackpot is triggered by an ELECTRIC solenoid.
    I,m not saying he is a crook, or that anyone should not buy this machine. Just that he doesn't know how this machine works, and is too hard headed to listen to someone who explains the mistake in his ad.

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Keeping an eye on this one.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Key! How did he get an original key!

Chrome has light pitting, the low lighting pictures make it hard to tell but you can see it.

And gosh I hope he didn't plug it straight into wall current. Otherwise all those precious motors could be

Edit: didn't see the transformer originally.

100 machines and counting...

8. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Card Shark View Post
    Keeping an eye on this one.
    I knew you would!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I sent another message, and got another response: Dear rhondasue1212,

I don't see how, Mine looks exactly the same (mechanically speaking), you can see in your picture that the jackpot regulating seesaw is reset by an electric solenoid. If not reset, it will not pay. If you pay attention to where the lost balls drain, they exit below the level of the lower blue tray. The motor under the round blue cover on the right is a ball lifter that uses electricity to lift the balls into the tray. What can't be seen in the pictures is the jackpot tray under a cover is activated by an electric solenoid.
    Not trying to bash you on this, but I think you are wrong. If you have tested it since I mentioned it, and you are correct...then I apologize. I collect these machines, and have a Kan Less model, your statement is true for all 26 of my machines except the Kan Less. I just thought if someone is going to spend over $100 for a machine, at least it should be advertised correctly.
    Good luck on your sale, I expect it will sell for around $150 because it it fairly rare, and in good condition.
    Mark

Dear paininmy123,

I think we are talking cross purposes. I simply hand moved balls into the necessary hoppers. I see what you are talking about, and thankfully all of these work just fine. I truly appreciate your input, I am absolutely new to this machine.

- rhondasue1212
    I don't know what "talking cross purposes" means. "Hand moving balls into the necessary hoppers"
    does not sound like an adequate test to claim that it works properly. If I were to seriously consider bidding, I would ask if it was actually plugged in and tested. It probably does work...I just didn't like either answer I got.

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Only $102...Card Shark, was this you?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not me. Trying to hold off on adding more projects. Hopefully it was a member or a future member.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I wanted it, my Kan Less is ROUGH. i would have kept it for parts. I don't even think $102 was that bad. i have been spending too much, and need to chill. I keep reminding myself that I won the arrangeball, and that was a better catch!

15. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Arrangeball is definitely a better find. Hopefully we hear from the winner of this machine.