Thread: What machine is this?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default What machine is this?

Hello all! I was given this machine and it seems to be missing the hopper. I have no experience with pachislo machines, but I am very handy and would like to get it working for my basement rec room. I don't know what model it is or if its possible to purchase a replacement hopper for it. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: What machine is this?

that's called "treasure boat" I did own one and it was a lot of fun to play.

the top screen is mainly a countdown screen when you are in a better mode to hit a jackpot.

sometimes it does show other things like a turtle walking slowly

the screen on the side shows different sequences for your chance for bonus and small wins.

the sounds and music are very Japanese.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

3. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank luckydog for your quick response! Do you know who the manufacturer is? Or do you have any advice on where to find a hopper for it? Are parts like a hopper specific to each model or are they fairly interchangeable?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The machine's name is Takarabune, (also known as Treasure Ship/Boat), it is manufactured by Heiwa, year 2001.

Most Heiwa/Olympia parts from the same time frame would work in that machine.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great. Thanks for your help Wayne-Ooo!

Stuck in Podunk, Ne and long to move back to Southern Ca.
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    that's called "treasure boat" I did own one and it was a lot of fun to play.

the top screen is mainly a countdown screen when you are in a better mode to hit a jackpot.

sometimes it does show other things like a turtle walking slowly

the screen on the side shows different sequences for your chance for bonus and small wins.

the sounds and music are very Japanese.
    Luckydog gave you very good information on the machine. I have owned one for over five years and it was the first early pachislo machines I got really excited about. The sound is really incredible when its getting ready to pay out. I will help keep an eye out for a hopper for you. You may have better luck getting another machine and keeping the one you have now for spare parts? I think I paid under $60.00 for my machine probably cause it has a small dot matrix screen and some folks are spoiled with the larger screens. Like I said the sound is the really driving thing on this machine.
    Spiderman-Sinbad-Ultraman P/P-Onimusha-Gamera-Juggler-Onoki-Gundam-Hanabi-Tiger Mask-Tomb Raider P/P-D'bl Diamond-Takarabune-Beast Sapp-Tekken-Yajikita-Twinkle Stage-Duel Dragon-Popeye-Speed Racer-Million God-Jaws-Gladiator-St.Maria-Let'sDance-Indy-RoboCop-Julie-Palot

9. The following user says "Thanks" to FREKKEN TEKKEN

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a hopper that I believe will work. I think it is a Himes Hopper and they are pretty much the same through out the years, only the connections and the upper bucket part changed. FREKKEN TEKKEN, if you could please get me some pictures of the hopper, connections and connection that goes into the power supply, I may be able to come up with something.

Thanks,

Wayne

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow! You guys are great! I'm impressed that you all know SO much about these things and that you are so willing to take the time to share your knowledge with others. Wayne-Ooo, if you think you might have one that will work please message me so we can work out payment and shipping. Thanks again!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looking at your location, being in Indy. I'm in Lebanon, about 20 minutes, north of Indy on I-65.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Small world isn't it? When would be a good time to meet up and what is a fair price for the hopper?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm pretty sure the hopper I have will work, but would love to get some pictures of what hopper is in that machine. Showing the hopper and connections.

Question, does your power supply have a 8 pin connection, for the hopper? Take a look at the photo's.
    Also, do you have any wiring harnesses?

I've had this hopper for years, from some parts I bought, the wiring is not great. But, that isn't really a problem, it can all be fixed. Having the proper connections would be a HUGE plus.

002.jpg

003.jpg

Oh!, by the way. NO CHARGE FOR THE HOPPER, if it works for your machine you can have it.
    Last edited by Wayne-Ooo; 02-13-2014 at 08:05 PM.

17. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmmm... Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself here. I looked inside the machine for an 8 pin connector and found that I have no connector. I have 7 loose wires. Is the 8 pin connector necessary or could I just splice the wires directly? Is there any way to tell if the missing hopper is my only issue? So far I have plugged the machine in and the lights come on but none of the exterior buttons function. It gives me an error code of "E4" which I read is a hopper problem. I found directions online for a reset, which I've done. After the reset if an exterior button is pressed I get an alarm sound and a flashing "!" symbol on the display. Is there anything else I should check out before I go any farther?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Sorry. Here's some pics.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, Great!

Thanks for the pictures. From what I'm seeing this is looking promising. You are holding 7 wires, exactly what it should be.

You have the wiring harness, That's a "Big Help".

If you could get a picture of the top of the Power Supply, showing where those wires you are holding, plug in and also a picture of the front of the Power Supply, that would help me a lot.

Thank you

21. The following user says "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I typed out a message before my last pics but it looks like it didn't post. What I said was that I hope I'm not getting ahead of myself. I explained that I've plugged the machine in and the lights come on but the buttons don't function. It displays an error code of "E4", which i have read indicates a hopper problem. I found reset directions online and after the reset is complete when I push any button on the exterior an alarm sounds and I get a flashing "!" Symbol. From what I can tell the power supply works, the lights and speakers work, and the interior controls seem to function properly. Is there anything else I should be checking for?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the pictures. That help me a lot.

I'm about 99.9% sure the hopper I have is the one you need.

If the power supply works, (which it does from what you are describing), that is what really matters. The error code, alarm and flashing lights are nothing to worry about. The machine just wants to know "Where in the heck is the hopper"? And it doesn't know, so it starts screaming, so somebody will fix the problem. (If you are married you know what I'm talking about.)

As I said earlier, I acquired the hopper with some parts, I bought. I have never had it in a machine and don't know if it works. The wires were cut from it and had no way of testing it. So, if you are game, I have a hopper with no wiring harness and you have a wiring harness with no hopper, maybe we should get together and make this machine work.

I'll PM you and we can get this worked out.

25. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That would be great! Thanks so much for your help so far. I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

PM SENT

28. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Stuck in Podunk, Ne and long to move back to Southern Ca.
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you guys. I had to take care of a family emergency, but did get to check out the hopper on mine. My connections match your pics but my digital isn't working. It's looking like you have made a great match. Good luck !!!
    Spiderman-Sinbad-Ultraman P/P-Onimusha-Gamera-Juggler-Onoki-Gundam-Hanabi-Tiger Mask-Tomb Raider P/P-D'bl Diamond-Takarabune-Beast Sapp-Tekken-Yajikita-Twinkle Stage-Duel Dragon-Popeye-Speed Racer-Million God-Jaws-Gladiator-St.Maria-Let'sDance-Indy-RoboCop-Julie-Palot

30. The following user says "Thanks" to FREKKEN TEKKEN