Thread: Three Star arrangeball has arrived!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Three Star arrangeball has arrived!

Congrats man!

I was looking at that one myself, but with the full restore i'm starting on the single shot, I could only sit there and preform aversion therapy every time i got the itch to bid on it by nearly punching my self in the face.. lol

anyways,

congrats again! so now I'm holding off for a power flash to become available

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Phulkrum View Post
    Congrats man!

I was looking at that one myself, but with the full restore i'm starting on the single shot, I could only sit there and preform aversion therapy every time i got the itch to bid on it by nearly punching my self in the face.. lol

anyways,

congrats again! so now I'm holding off for a power flash to become available
    Well, I have to say that the "aversion therapy" seems to be working great! Well, at least for me. Hope that single shot is doing well! I removed the jackpot assembly for cleaning. Didn't take any before pics other than the ones I already had.DSCF8267.JPGDSCF8268.JPG Lots of scrubbing and polishing later.DSCF8281.JPG I put the coin tube into a vibrating tumbler...like used to clean brass for reloading, not the rotating rock tumbler. Learn from my mistake!#1, the tube is too large to tumble around in the bowl. #2, Black Beauty (metal slag for sandblasting) is too coarse, and will remove metal you want to keep! DSCF8283.JPG The lower right corner was resting against the bottom of the bowl, and was abraded away. I'm not sure what conditions caused this DSCF8286.JPG A deep gouge was worn into the flat plate where the "low token" switch was mounted.DSCF8288.JPG It is actually kind of deep! It won't affect function...but I don't like it! The assembly cleaned up nice!DSCF8289.JPG

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hope that single shot is doing well!
    yes it is... the hardest part is waiting on the finishing touches of the new background to be completed by my graphic artist working on it.
    I'm going to use a Japanese Temple in the background and put some of other elements in as well I'll post a preview once I get the layout completed.. but in the mean time I'm holding off on tear down until the new cell print is completed ( I seem to enjoy this Pachi very much so I continue to play it while in waiting..)

I'm starting to think this is my favorite Machine on hand..
    Last edited by hanabi; 02-13-2014 at 04:33 AM. Reason: repaired quote :)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it's bummer about the damage caused by the tumbler.. thus far, I've taken to using Blue coral Headlight lens restorer and hand polishing. it's time consuming but isn't that half the fun?