Thread: The Perfect Pachinko Hardware Resource

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default The Perfect Pachinko Hardware Resource

I’m getting very close to finishing my first resto on one of my Nishijin Style “B” machines. Just thought I’d share this handy list of new parts to help restore your vintage Pachinko machines. Mcmaster Carr has very good prices and you can order easily online at their website McMaster-Carr. They have C-clips too... and even brass nails!

Here's what I use:

6X1 1/2 Phillips Flat screws (McMaster Carr # 90198A198) to replace the nails holding the playing field to the wood frame.

4X5/8 Phillips Flat screws (McMaster Carr # 90184A110) to replace the staples.

4X5/8 Phillips Oval screws (McMaster Carr # 95639A307) to replace the screws around the frame.

2 x 3/8 Phillips Flat sheet metal screws (McMaster Carr # 90198A055) to replace the screws on the tulips and pockets.

Hardware can be found here: McMaster-Carr

I use brass decorative finishing nails .08" shank diameter X 1-1/4" (McMaster Carr # 97936A173) They come in packs of 50 and can be found here: McMaster-Carr

I haven't figured out exactly which grommets for lightbulb holders fit best so here's the link to the page. They have diagrams and dimensions. McMaster-Carr

18 gauge Teflon 600v wire is the stuff you'll want to use if you decide to rewire the lights. I like to keep it as original as possible (with white, yellow, orange, etc.) colored wire and they offer wire with jackets of various colors (McMaster Carrn # 8054T25)
    McMaster-Carr

So much other stuff can be found on the site, I'm sure... stiff wire, springs and more... that I haven't needed to replace yet.

2. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to johnnykaye