Thread: Diamond Jack

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Some pics of what's going on so far.
    First is of the back of both playfields with the old and still populated one on the left and front of new on right.
    After that is just about everything removed from the old and just placed on the new but nothing's secured yet. I can't attach the standup targets yet because I've got new ones on the way and they're riveted on and they need to be free to switch out. The large carousel will be unsoldered and taken apart for likely its first cleaning in 46 years. Plus I have new decals for the worn out card targets on it.
    The other pic shows a hack I did to dry the enamel primer faster. I initially bought 2 cans of rustoleum primer and it wasn't enough especially after all the sanding and filling. So I bought the same product but in a quart container and rolled it on. Theres a slight orange peel but I expected that from a roller. Thats what the final sanding is for anyway. Should've done that from the beginning and saved time and money. Anyway, once it skinned over I put the yellow bag over the cab and head along with a small heater set on low. The primer normally needs 12 hours to cure in optimum conditions which my basement is not. It's heated but I have the heat directed into the house. Anyway, with this method it fully cured in around 4 hours and is ready to sand now even with the basement door opened and a fan to vent the fumes to the outside An interesting thing about buying this primer in quarts as opposed to spray cans is that there's much less solvent-it was actually hard to smell any solvent. The bags were at a Ace hardware for 2 for 5 bucks.
    Last pic is of worn out carousel targets.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to emmadog