Thread: Biohazard !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Biohazard !

Just walked in the door with my new BIOHAZARD machine! No pics yet. I will post pics when I get it settled in. Purchaced from same member that I bought Spiderman 2 from. single ball spiderman 047.jpg I drove 4 hours each way for that...plus I picked up a single shot pachinko on the way back. single ball spiderman 001.jpg One trip 2 new machines! This time he was traveling to Indiana, and I was able to meet him at a Meijers gas station just 7 miles from my house! Made it worth the $350 because driving there in a full size truck DSCF7902.JPG would have cost about an extra $130 in gas! Have not even plugged it in yet...a full report plus pics later!
    Last edited by pachiwall; 01-18-2014 at 08:13 AM.

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Biohazard !

After a long nap, (I got up at 4:30am to meet KENSTANG) I finally took some pics and plugged it in. It was the most I have paid for a pachislo...but I must say I did get a great deal! 1st of all it came with a stand.DSCF8108.JPG with 1,600 tokens and a tray!DSCF8109.JPG More than the hopper will hold before spilling into the overflow...and then some!DSCF8149.JPG Since they are so scarce in the US, the only 2 retailers I could find it at was $479 with 500 tokens, plus shipping! I simply wouldn't have paid that much. So for $350, and 7 miles each way...I think I did real good! DSCF8129.JPG Overall in excellent condition! A few broken plastic parts, but nothing important, or even noticeable, unless you look for it. The power supply has a sliding door, with 2 squeeze tabs to unlock it to slide.DSCF8134.JPG 1 tab is broken off. Probably broken when someone was trying to figure it out. Once I figured out that it was a slider, I slid it back open where it will stay open forever. I will keep the inside key in the switch so I don't lose it anyway. The reel bundle is held to the cabinet by plastic tabs in keyhole shaped slots. DSCF8122.JPG 1 is chipped,DSCF8123.JPG and 1 is broken off. DSCF8124.JPG As soon as I noticed this, I looked inside to make sure it wasn't going to be a problem! DSCF8130.JPG As you can see, the tabs are not the only way the reel bundle is attached. There are 2 screws at the top tabs. The one at the broken tab goes all the way through, into what looks like a plastic "T nut", so it was likely made that way...even though the other top screw just goes into the wood. This in no way affects the game, or my enjoyment of this machine. It was likely that way when KENSTANG got it from Curt, I believe from Slot Pachinko. I have played it for an hour or so, and it works perfectly, and is in great condition, both functionally and cosmetically. Thanks Ken! I wouldn't have got it if you weren't going to Indiana today!

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Inside, this machine has a lot going on! DSCF8145.JPGDSCF8146.JPG There are circuit boards everywhere!DSCF8147.JPGDSCF8148.JPG This one I believe is a test board of some kind. I haven't checked yet, but I expect whenever buttons are pressed, the LED's will light. I get the 2 prongs at the bottom.DSCF8137.JPG When the token container in the stand below gets too full and tokens short the 2 prongs, it likely sets an error code and stops the machine from playing, until the cabinet is emptied. What can the top 2 be for? I can't imagine the machine getting that full. Unless the bottom 2 set an alarm, but allows the machine to play. Then the top 2 shut the machine down if the alarm is ignored long enough. I assure you, I will not be the one who tests this theory. I don't think it will hurt the machine...but I don't want to learn a special reset if it locks up! I like how the hopper is not attached by a wire. It has a socket on the back, DSCF8138.JPG that plugs into this board.DSCF8135.JPG And for those who like the stickers.DSCF8125.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

In case you couldn't read them.DSCF8128.JPGDSCF8127.JPG The demo screen has a copyright date of 2006...do the stickers have a parlor expiration date on them? And another sticker on the back.DSCF8121.JPGSpeaking of the screen, and the videos...I can't seem to get a good screen shot. Without flash, it is too dark.DSCF8151.JPGDSCF8153.JPG With flash, the screen gets washed out and looks like it is turned off.DSCF8154.JPG Pics 4 & 5 are the same shot...without flash, and with flash. The cord says AC 100V.DSCF8113.JPG It plugs directly into the power supply through a hole in the back.DSCF8114.JPG There are a list of error codes inside.DSCF8140.JPG Hopefully I will never need them translated, because the shiny metallic surface makes it hard to take a legible picture.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So after taking pics, I carried it upstairs and put it where I can play it.DSCF8160.JPG As far as playing goes...I wasn't sure about a 4 reel machine. I couldn't figure out how diagonals would play...the answer was simple, it is a 1 line game...not a 5 line. I like the idea of a 5 line machine...but I still have Spiderman 2, and Lucky Cherry. I need to sell Spiderman 2 to recoup some of the money I spent! Lucky Cherry is on Craigslist as well, but if she don't sell...it won't hurt my feelings too much. She was my first, and I'm kind of attached to her. of course the Mills machine is not going anywhere! And the Heinekin is long gone! Not to mention Brains Beer!brains beer 016.jpg As far as play...I like it a LOT better than Spiderman 2. The video sequences are a bit more interactive to the reel spins, unless there is a strategy that I haven't learned. The videos look a little higher definition than Spiderman 2. Maybe the video card/moniter is better quality...or the same, and it just seems that way because: how much definition does it take to reproduce a comic book character? I haven't studied the paycard much.DSCF8156.JPG So, I don't know what combinations to look, or hope for. So far I just watch the video screen while pushing buttons! Tons more video footage compared to Spiderman 2. It is way more interesting than S2. I'm still not sure I am a fan of 4 reels or not. Time will tell.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Congratulations on your new machine.

This is a Parlor interface board. Used to connect a Battle counter. You can remove this and it will not effect the machine at all.

There are 4 prongs because you can install the circuit board in the upper pair or lower pair of prongs, depending on when you want the alarm to sound for an overflow. I normally just unhook them. No need for them in home use.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now I remembered why I took this picture!DSCF8113.JPG It reminded me of this thread! Important Please Read! However it doesn't seem to be a problem, as concluded in the thread...and no one seems to have talked about it since.
    Last edited by pachiwall; 01-19-2014 at 03:14 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This image shows the volume control (Red Knob).

BioHazard Volume.jpg
    PM me, and I can give you a .pdf file for a translation of the Menu Screen that I got from another PachiTalk Member
    I've never met a Pachi I didn't like

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to jmaclerran

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jmaclerran View Post
    This image shows the volume control (Red Knob).

BioHazard Volume.jpg
    PM me, and I can give you a .pdf file for a translation of the Menu Screen that I got from another PachiTalk Member
    I discovered that thanks to the threads I searched here at Pachitalk. It is quite good, with something like 7 to 10 positions, I haven't counted them. It even has an off position. It lowest position is almost low enough. it is comfortably low enough to play, but if it is late at night and others are asleep, it would be nice to lower it some more without turning the sound off. I'm thinking of the same L-PAD mod that I did to Spiderman 2.volume control 013.jpg Except instead of buying a flush mount knob,volume control 016.jpg putting a thin square of plywood or paneling over the square hole in the back and mounting it with the standard knob. It will still be recessed, so it can be pushed against a wall without damaging the volume control. Plus I don't have to cut a hole in the case! I believe there are only 2 speakers. I am PMing you for the translations! Thank you very much! I have heard that there is a menu screen, I don't know how to access it...nor have I tried. I figured if I don't know what it says...why bother?
    So far I a very pleased with the machine, even though I don't really understand the 4 reel combinations. Hanen't really even looked at the paycard closely. I do like a 3 reel, 5 payline setup. The 4 reel is kind of a novelty, so I kind of dig it!
    Last edited by pachiwall; 01-19-2014 at 02:31 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice buy man that machine looks incredibly clean on the inside. I really like it.
    I am looking for a Hokuto No Ken (Fist of the North Star) Pachinko/Pachislo. If you have one for sale and are in the USA please let me know!
    Pachislo - Hokuto No Ken 2003 _ Pachinko - Evangelion
    7 2012 - Super Sea Story 2006

18. The following user says "Thanks" to PachiPachi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I nailed the bonus! I have heard about this screen. It goes on forever with a boring screen and repeats "you nailed the bonus" over and over again. I found a thread from RaymondT that explains it: Bio-Hazard Information ( It might help some owners) I haven't "nailed the bonus" since, so I haven't had a chance to test it. I did get a menu translation from member jmaclerran ! It doesn't affect gameplay at all. Just statistics and such. There don't seem to be any danger of messing up the machine or locking it up ,as has been feared. It was freely given to me by a member, who got it from another member. That is what is great about pachitalk! Members helping each other out! It is a pdf file, and I was thinking it would make a good sticky in MODEL TALK! Since I don't know its origin...I don't know if that is a good idea or not. Open for suggestions.
    As far as "right to left" during bonus rounds...During bonus rounds, this shows up at the bottom of the screen: Attachment 72290 If you push buttons #2,#3, and #4, in any order, you will almost always get 777. The try to eyeshoot reel #1 to get the "blue bar" for 9 tokens/credits. If you hit #1 first, you will get nothing.
    I cant get any good pics of screenshots, they all turn out too dark. On automatic settings, it uses a long exposure that creates a blank image. (on a film camera, it produces a blurry image)So I used a tripod to hold it steady. I don't know how to change the aperture or shutter settings, but I can find out and experiment. Since the lights all around the frame are brightly flashing during bonus rounds, I believe that it is making the aperture smaller and making the exposure too dark. If so, manually adjusting the aperture may overexpose the image. I'll have to experiment and see.

20. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Server was busy...so pics wouldn't load.DSCF8164.JPG As long as you hit #1 last, you get a much better chance of winning.
    By the way, if you wait too long to stop the reels, like playing with the camera too long, then you get this text over the screen: DSCF8165.JPG If anyone could translate, that would be great!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a Ridge Racer machine, which is also made by Yamasa and has 4 reels and 4 stop buttons. It also tells you "You nailed the Bonus". This is where "Eye Shooting" IS A MUST!!!

If you don't "shoot in" the winning symbols for a bonus, (like the 7 7 7 7), you will have to listen to "You nailed the Bonus" for a "heck" of a lot of spins.

I can normally get the Bonus on the first or second time the machine says "You nailed the Bonus", just by eye shooting the symbols.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

23. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Ooo View Post
    I have a Ridge Racer machine, which is also made by Yamasa and has 4 reels and 4 stop buttons. It also tells you "You nailed the Bonus". This is where "Eye Shooting" IS A MUST!!!

If you don't "shoot in" the winning symbols for a bonus, (like the 7 7 7 7), you will have to listen to "You nailed the Bonus" for a "heck" of a lot of spins.

I can normally get the Bonus on the first or second time the machine says "You nailed the Bonus", just by eye shooting the symbols.
    VERY TRUE! I just "nailed the bonus", and was able to get the big bonus in about 3 spins!

25. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Earlier, winning the big bonus required a reset to resume play. I looked on the power supply for the 2 switches that fix this...and they aren't there.DSCF8134.JPG Hearing that some newer machines only have 1 switch, and located elsewhere...I searched and changed the only switch I could find.DSCF8172.JPG It worked! Now when the big bonus is hit...after winning, no reset is required! While looking at the power supply, I thought I would take a pic of the unusual door and reset keys.DSCF8191.JPG I'm sure most newer machines have keys like this, I just haven't had anything that uses this kind of key...although I have seen keys like them before.
    By the way, the yellow button on the power supply runs the hopper backwards. I expect to clear a token jam in the hopper.
    Last edited by pachiwall; 01-22-2014 at 03:52 AM.

27. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If anyone could translate, that would be great!

Roughly translated it says you should press the Stop button
    I've never met a Pachi I didn't like

29. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to jmaclerran

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Got my L-PAD in from Parts Express! Part #260-251.DSCF8192.JPG I used it on Spiderman 2, with adequate results...90% of rotation = very little noise reduction, last 10% rotation = noise reduction needed. It worked, and I decided to stick with it because I want an externally mounted control that operates 2 speakers at the same time. Just like S2, I am adding the recessed knob.DSCF8198.JPGDSCF8199.JPG The easy part is wiring it up according to the simple diagram.DSCF8197.JPG The hard part is where? Part of me wants to put a thin piece of paneling on the inside of the square hole on the back. This way I can use the crappy knob that came with it, and still be recessed, so I can push it up against a wall without damaging the L-Pad. Although this allows NO holes to be drilled in the cabinet, it is also about the least convenient ay to adjust the volume. looking at my "hole thru the side" options, only the top is an option. This requires the flush mount knob to make installation as unobtrusive as possible. So, my question is, Should I worry about cutting a hole in the top to add a volume control? Or should I consider mounting it on paneling, in the hole already cut in the back?