Thread: Sammy Popeye and Bisty Looney Tunes

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sammy Popeye and Bisty Looney Tunes

First, I have been fooling around with Pachinko for many years, My special needs brother loves these machines to pass the time. We currently have 6 machines in various states of repair.

Right now I am working on a Bisty Looney Tunes model. For some reason, the shooter will not get the balls up far enough the slot. I have tried to increase the spring tension on the coil spring, add a helper spring, ect. Any ideas? Or where can I get a new spring and stepper motor mechanism? I would really like to get this machine working --

Second machine is a Sammy Popeye model. The trigger mechanism broke off -- any ideas where I can get a replacement?

Thanks,
    Last edited by compirate; 01-01-2014 at 04:16 PM.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default re: Sammy Popeye and Bisty Looney Tunes

Think you got them the wrong way round. Is it the Bisty with the broken knob or the sammy. I have a spare Sankyo/Bisty Lumina shooting assembly minus the ribbon cable and board. So it's the motor/hammer and spring assembly.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 12-31-2013 at 05:04 AM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh and yes

Welcome Aboard

Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes I did -- Thanks.

The Bitzy Loony Toons has the bas shooter

The Sammy Popeye has the bad knob assembly

Here are some pictures -- let me know if you can help with parts, and what you are asking for them.

Thanks!

Dave Hebel

Here are some picsIMG_0592.jpgIMG_0587.jpgIMG_0588.jpgIMG_0589.jpgIMG_0590.jpgIMG_0591.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am having to write this a second time because of the damn timeout of the forum. Arrrgh!

Anyway, Take a look at shooter.jpg.
    shooter.jpg
    Make sure that the nut circled in blue is not too tight. Remove spring tension and verify that the shooter arm moves freely, but not sloppily. You might have to disassemble the shooter to verify this.

The stoppers circled in green prevent the shooter arm from overrunning the design limits of the assembly, but if they are too close to the shooter arm, the arm cannot make a full "swing". Also, the shooter arm should make contact with both stoppers at the same time.

My Eva 5 pachinko has the same shooter mechanism. See shooter2.jpg.
    shooter2.jpg
    The shooter knob turns the gear circled in red. The shooter knob should turn a full 90 degrees. The gear circled in red should also turn the full 90 degrees. If it doesn't check the teeth and where it meshes for something caught in the teeth.

If the spring at the end of the shooter arm does not align to the center of the ball in the shooter lane, or align to very slightly above center, then the ball will have a spin on it as it is shot, and this will work against getting it up the ramp.

Good Luck
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm sure there was a sammy knob on YJA for a while, But it doesn't seem to be listed at the moment. If it gets relisted I'll post it here.

DSC02210_zps7fc10f14.jpg df10e8f3-e92b-4b78-9300-dcc305fa7155_zpsbd43bc58.jpg

This is my spare shooter assemby, Let me get it boxed up and weighed so I can work out the shipping cost from the UK to the USA
    Ian #UKPachinko

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by heima View Post
    I am having to write this a second time because of the damn timeout of the forum. Arrrgh!

Anyway, Take a look at shooter.jpg.
    shooter.jpg
    Make sure that the nut circled in blue is not too tight. Remove spring tension and verify that the shooter arm moves freely, but not sloppily. You might have to disassemble the shooter to verify this.

The stoppers circled in green prevent the shooter arm from overrunning the design limits of the assembly, but if they are too close to the shooter arm, the arm cannot make a full "swing". Also, the shooter arm should make contact with both stoppers at the same time.

My Eva 5 pachinko has the same shooter mechanism. See shooter2.jpg.
    shooter2.jpg
    The shooter knob turns the gear circled in red. The shooter knob should turn a full 90 degrees. The gear circled in red should also turn the full 90 degrees. If it doesn't check the teeth and where it meshes for something caught in the teeth.

If the spring at the end of the shooter arm does not align to the center of the ball in the shooter lane, or align to very slightly above center, then the ball will have a spin on it as it is shot, and this will work against getting it up the ramp.

Good Luck
    Thanks for the advise, how do I adjust the strike area of the ball? The spring bairly sticks out past the sheet metal arm? Also, did not see any adjustment of the rubber pieces other then trimming them with a knife.

Thanks for the advise, I'll play with these suggetions and see what happens. Stay tuned.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sammy Popeye and Bisty Looney Tunes

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    I'm sure there was a sammy knob on YJA for a while, But it doesn't seem to be listed at the moment. If it gets relisted I'll post it here.

DSC02210_zps7fc10f14.jpg df10e8f3-e92b-4b78-9300-dcc305fa7155_zpsbd43bc58.jpg

This is my spare shooter assemby, Let me get it boxed up and weighed so I can work out the shipping cost from the UK to the USA

Hi, So after looking at your pictures, and looking at the post from Heima, I am thinking that the end of the sping broke off the shooter, and is not making good ball contact. I do not have the nice spring end that extends beyond the metal arm.

Have you run into this?

Thanks,

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sammy Popeye and Bisty Looney Tunes

Hi,

Thanks for the help, I think I have the machine working now --- 1) The spring had broken off of the arm, I was able to spring it out far enough to make good contact with the ball.

2) The shooter knob seemed to keep slipping on the spring tension gear, so I was able to put a washer behind that to extend it out a little bit farther. This seemed to provide enough extra seat between the metal shaft on the knob and plastic gear. Machine works great now

Drunken Clam, thanks for the pics, they help me figure this out

Heima, you advise put me in the correct direction.

This was a tough one, I am used to digging out carpet fuzz, magnets, broken plastic and general crud to keep our machines up and running.

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to dmhebel