Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: V-Trigger Shooting mechanism 'grinding'

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default V-Trigger Shooting mechanism 'grinding'

I aquired a Macross V-Trigger machine today and the shooter mechanism seemed to 'stick' a little bit. the white 'arm' that moves up and down would periodically get stuck in the up position, but tapping it would cause it to drop back down and work again. They did a cleaning and it appears to have fixed the issue. However I got home and tried it again. It worked for about a minute or so, and then just started making a horrible grinding sound and no longer shoots.

Does anyone know how to get into that area on a V-Trigger machine to get the plastic case off to check it? I saw 5 screws on the front but taking those off didn't allow me access. Feels like there is something keeping it attached under the shooter arm but I can't figure out how.

Any help would be appreciated.
    My Pachinkos: Freddy vs Jason, Rave, Titanic

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: V-Trigger Shooting mechanism 'grinding'

A picture of the problematic area would help. You might have to access it from the rear and remove the shooter from there. I would think it would all come out in one assembly, motor, gears, shooter arm, springs, etc.

By the way, where did you pick up a Macross from? Private party, or vendor who possibly has more (fingers crossed)?
    Thanks
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are pics showing the piece that is not working (circled in red) and the location of the front screws in blue. the other pic is the back, although I tried a few individual screws, nothing seemed to release the plastic cover.

This was their only Macross machine that I was away of, although I can double check to see what they may have left over.

Thanks!

photo 3.jpgphoto 2.jpg

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Harleyguy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On all of my moderns, the shooter mechanism comes out the back side. The screws to release it are on the back side as well. For some, I have to remove circuit boards or covers to get to the screws that hold the shooter mechanism in place. I have changed your photos a little. Did disconnecting the connector circled in green, in photo3.jpg help any? In photo2.jpg, I have circled screws that might be holding the black plastic in place. If you remove this black plastic, you might see the screws that are holding the shooter in place. And it may be that the screws for the shooter a removed from the front, but the shooter is removed from the back.
    photo 2.jpgphoto 3.jpg

Thanks for checking for another Fever Macross for me.
    Da' Horse!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So I tried the screws both in the front and the back and no luck. It is definitely still attached somewhere near the bottom.

I guess my next steps will be to remove the processor boards to see if there is something behind them that's keeping it attached.

Hopefully it's not something broken and needs to just be cleaned. This machine was definitely kept in one of the smokier parlors over there, as most of the outer white plastic is practically yellow. Fingers crossed it's just 'gunked up'

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is no slack in the speaker cable and it's very thin so I would recommend removing the support rail where the cable is channeled (5 blue circles) and unplugging the cable (blue square).
    Front.jpg

To remove the shooter cover remove the 5 front mounting screws (yellow circles).
    Around back remove the mounting screw (yellow circle), disconnect the Touch Sensor cable, pinch the two clips and the assembly comes off.
    If you're removing the Launcher you can go ahead and disconnect the cable as well.
    Back.jpg
    Touch Wire.jpg

Hopefully by now you'll see your problem.
    There are only 6 mounting screws (green circles) holding the Launcher. Remove those and it pops right out. Don't forget to disconnect the servo cable.
    Launcher.jpg

This worked out well for me. Mine really needed a cleaning.
    Let me know if I missed something.
    Hope this helps.

-Armando

8. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to mandoman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow thanks Armando! Looks like I missed those clips and that's approximately where the 'hang up' is at. Can't wait to get home and try to get this thing fixed!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I learned something today. The shooter comes out the front of V-trigger frames! Thanks Mandoman!
    Da' Horse!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mandoman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

jmaclerran is the man when it comes to V-Triggers. I can verify that his volume mode works perfectly.
    How were able able to figure out the volume controls anyway?
    I am looking for a Hokuto No Ken (Fist of the North Star) Pachinko/Pachislo. If you have one for sale and are in the USA please let me know!
    Pachislo - Hokuto No Ken 2003 _ Pachinko - Evangelion
    7 2012 - Super Sea Story 2006

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey guys, I'd sure like to take full credit for figuring out where to splice in the volume controls, on the v-trigger, or v-spark frames,
    but the truth is I got a machine with modified volume controls, and just reverse engineered the wiring back to their origins, and
    made a post when someone needed the info.

I got some cells from Japan that had the volume mod on the cell as well and figured out where that was. I've had to take
    apart some cells to get the animatronics working properly, and figured out a few things along the way.

If someone in the forum has an issue with something I have discovered, I feel it's just right to post, and make someone's life
    a little easier, it's the PachiTalk way.
    I've never met a Pachi I didn't like

15. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to jmaclerran

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jmaclerran View Post
    If someone in the forum has an issue with something I have discovered, I feel it's just right to post, and make someone's life
    a little easier, it's the PachiTalk way.

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am going to replace the pots on my v-trigger volume mod. I purchased some of the stereo (dual speaker) 500 ohm pots from eBay. They take forever to arrive >:| The small cermet ones on their now are good but they are a pain to adjust. I am running the dual in my Hokuto no Ken Pachislo and I have yet to see any smoke or sense any burning smell.

How did you guys make the bracket? Is that totaly custom? Any recommendations? Id love for a much cleaner install.
    I am looking for a Hokuto No Ken (Fist of the North Star) Pachinko/Pachislo. If you have one for sale and are in the USA please let me know!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by PachiPachi View Post
    I am going to replace the pots on my v-trigger volume mod. I purchased some of the stereo (dual speaker) 500 ohm pots from eBay. They take forever to arrive >:| The small cermet ones on their now are good but they are a pain to adjust. I am running the dual in my Hokuto no Ken Pachislo and I have yet to see any smoke or sense any burning smell.

How did you guys make the bracket? Is that totaly custom? Any recommendations? Id love for a much cleaner install.
    I just used a 5" long piece of 1"x1" angled aluminum I picked up at Home Depot and used double sided foam tape to secure it. I don't like drilling holes in my machines unless I have to. I'll post a couple of closeups to that thread when I get a chance to not hijack this thread.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Most of the time I just get a length of Loop and Hook velcro.
    Then I just slap a strip of the hook portion where I want the vol controls to be on the machine
    and a small piece of loop portion on each control. Then just attach the vol control to the hook portion on the machine.
    I've never met a Pachi I didn't like

20. The following user says "Thanks" to jmaclerran

Thanks
    Thanks Received

SUCCESS! (Well sort of)

Looks like Armando was right, there were two little latches holding it in place. Once I got it open I removed the white plastic shooter piece and found a loose screw jammed behind it! I looked all over the area around and didn't see any missing screws so no idea how it got lodged in there!

See pics included, the pink circle is where the screw was jammed behind the arm.

Launcher.jpgphoto.jpg

So I found what was keeping it from moving and put everything back together. Unfortunately the shooter is still making the grinding noise and won't move.

My thought is that the screw that was keeping the arm from moving caused the motor in the shooter mechinism to go up? Anyone ever experience this issue? More importantly, anyone have a spare shooter mechanism they would be willing to part with if that's the case?

Sorry to hijack the thread and get it back on track.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

looks like a typical course thread used for plastics. Could have come from anywhere
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I recall a thread where a user needed a new V trigger shooter assembly, as you may too. He had to personally go to a shop in Japan and get lucky enough to have the person at the shop sell him one.

I'd start looking at yahoo auctions Japan and see if you cannot find a new shooter knob assembly. His was for an Evangalion frame even though he had a frame similar to yours.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Looks like that may be what I need!

Any ideas on what shipping could roughly be for this? I'd guess it would be around 5-6 pounds due to the metal. Haven't done a Yahoo Jap auction before but from what I have read I'll need a 3rd party to assist, so if anyone can help with recommendations or handhold me through this it would be greatly appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast